Spider-Man
Site Support
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
DC Comics Harley Quinn DC Comics Maquette
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE WATER COOLER > MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/RADIO (NON COMIC RELATED)

Thread Starter khufutaron Replies 234 Views 9744  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old April 19th, 2015, 12:37:15 AM   #221
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

So, I was watching the "Strat Pack" 60th anniversary Stratocaster concert on Palladium, and I came across Hank Marvin performing some of The Shadows songs. I love instrumentals and I love that west coast surf vibe. Now, I know these guys are Brits, but they totally nail that 60's California sound. Anyways, I'm working on learning the lead guitar parts of this song now and thought I'd post it:

The Shadows - The Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt

Bowen Collection -- SSC & XM Collection -- Fine Art Collection Part 1 & Part 2
Star Wars X-Mas -- JEEP Trails -- Coming Soon
khufutaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:47:37 AM   #222
MrJones
Statue Marvels Royalty

New single from my fav rap group ever Jedi Mind Tricks

I can relate to it as I too feel as the last few years I have had some friends that just take take take and never give back...

I've been listening to these guys for about 15 years!

Add my NEW Instagram for all my statue pics and more - MADTITANJONES

Checkout my ongoing collection thread here and drop me a line! - http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/mr...ave-28245.html

Wishlist -
Bowens: Beta Ray Bill, Moden Nova FS, Mephisto FB, Eternity MB
Sideshow: Silver Surfer Comiquette.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 09:23:54 PM   #223
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
New single from my fav rap group ever Jedi Mind Tricks

I can relate to it as I too feel as the last few years I have had some friends that just take take take and never give back...

I've been listening to these guys for about 15 years!
First off they get points for their name!!! But, even without the name, I like it. Vinnie Paz can flow that's for sure, and Eamon sounds like a sista singing the chorus (jk it really does sound great though).
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:39:20 AM   #224
TrueFaith

Hearing this song on the latest Toyota commercials reminded me how much I played the hell out of it when it was first released.
Still one hell of a kick-ass song.

Republica - Ready To Go

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 05:09:24 PM   #225
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Hearing this song on the latest Toyota commercials reminded me how much I played the hell out of it when it was first released.
Still one hell of a kick-ass song.

Republica - Ready To Go

LOL as soon as that started playing... Vegas Vacation!!!
Old July 10th, 2015, 10:47:52 PM   #226
TrueFaith

This has become one of my "go to" threads on SM and I never tire of it's....dare I say it....diversity.
I realize that I've been remiss in not including more of one of my favorite guitarists of all time, PETER GREEN, beyond his relation to forming one of the greatest bands in history...Fleetwood Mac.
Peter Green was, along with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, one of the founding fathers of Fleetwood Mac. All 3 were originally discovered by the great English bluesman John Mayall and served tenure in his band The Bluesbreakers, that was known as a launching point for incredible talents, from Eric Clapton to Mick Taylor.
Shortly after these Mayall expatriots formed Fleetwood Mac and released their first album on Polydor Records, Peter Green's schizophrenia manifested itself after numerous ingestions of LSD and he was basically never heard from again.
His loss was as keenly felt as that of Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd under similar circumstances at the time and none of us thought we would see their like again. But in 1975...Peter Green came back from the dead.
Recording for the first time in 8 years on a tiny EMI offshoot label, Peter Green reclaimed his place in music history. A feat that few have accomplished, thanks to the tireless work and constant prodding from Thin Lizzy guitarist and Peter Green fan Snowy White.
The result was 1979's "In The Skies", an album that should have never happened at all, but has served as a stepping stone to return a truly great artist to the poignancy and relevance his fans have literally waited years for.

And just in case you don't think Peter Green is relevant, I give you one of his most famous songs of all time, which I had the pleasure of seeing him perform at this very concert, well before Carlos Santana made it a "classic radio hit". VIVA Peter Green!

Old July 10th, 2015, 11:29:15 PM   #227
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

TrueFaith - Thanks for adding a new musician and some new tracks to my playlist. My favorite by far is Slabo Day. I'm a sucker for an awesome instrumental and I love this one.
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:55:44 PM   #228
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Well, I'm truly lucky. I'm going to the Tempe Halloween Mash in a few months. On Friday 10/30, I get to see John Fogerty for a second time PLUS I get to see Santana for the first time (and check off a bucket list item).

Then on Halloween night, the line up is Coheed & Cambria, Primus and Tool. WTF - best Halloween ever?!?! Its all lawn seating - general admittance - so its going to be one huge mosh pit of crazy mofos dressed up in costume.

So, in tribute to this awesome event, here are some videos!!!

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home

Tool - Vicarious

John Fogerty - Centerfield (since its the All-Star break)

Santana - Oye Como Va
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:10:13 AM   #229
MrJones
Statue Marvels Royalty

I LOVED Wynona's Big Brown Beaver growing up! I forgot all about that song, I was always amazed by the bass in it.

I've been listening to a lot of Apathy lately, he is one of the best rappers at story telling, here is one all about the Kennedys

And to follow that up Jack Ruby

MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:44:16 AM   #230
TrueFaith

This is wicked cool.
Best Birthday Ever:

Dave Grohl Invites Fan To Play Drums At Foo Fighters Concert, Fan Nails It
Old July 15th, 2015, 02:58:37 PM   #231
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

This is just reason #105 out of about 2000 why Dave Grohl is pure awesome. I'm not biased or anything since Foo Fighters is my favorite band and Everlong (acoustic) is my favorite song ever lol.
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:44:41 PM   #232
TrueFaith

Agreed. Dave is definitely the rock star I'd want to be.
Reason #104 has got to be how he's worked his recent broken leg mishap into a big part of the act.
You just know that taking any time off from performing or cancelling any gigs because of a broken leg was a thought that never crossed this dude's mind.
Old August 14th, 2015, 08:52:28 PM   #233
TrueFaith

Screw the critics. As the guy who turned every friend who would listen onto True Detective Season 1, I thought Season 2 was just as good on it's own merits and maybe even better.
All I cared about by the final episode is that Ani made it out of that mess alive and Nic Pizzolatto delivered beautifully.
One thing is undeniable. For episodic TV nobody does a soundtrack better.
From the first episode's opening with Leonard Cohen's "Nevermind" (which actually changed in subtle fashion from week to week) to the amazing Lara Lynn's "Lately" ending credits in the 90-minute finale, this show is head and shoulders above the norm because of Music Director T-Bone Burnett's ear.

Old August 21st, 2015, 03:21:51 PM   #234
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Screw the critics. As the guy who turned every friend who would listen onto True Detective Season 1, I thought Season 2 was just as good on it's own merits and maybe even better.
All I cared about by the final episode is that Ani made it out of that mess alive and Nic Pizzolatto delivered beautifully.
One thing is undeniable. For episodic TV nobody does a soundtrack better.
From the first episode's opening with Leonard Cohen's "Nevermind" (which actually changed in subtle fashion from week to week) to the amazing Lara Lynn's "Lately" ending credits in the 90-minute finale, this show is head and shoulders above the norm because of Music Director T-Bone Burnett's ear.
Agree 100% - I liked season 2. Yeah, I liked season 1 better, but that doesn't mean season 2 didn't hold its own. The warehouse shoot-out scene with the bus and bad guys was one of the most intense scenes I've ever watched. I absolutely love that episode.

And, I agree with you on the soundtrack - the opening credits song while not only being a good song, sets the tone perfectly. It is a blend of a hazy mist with slightly unnerving rhythm that tugs at you - draws you in. Man, I loved it.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:08:53 PM   #235
TrueFaith

Geez...how could this awesome thread lay dormant for 2 whole years? Glad I could even find it again.
Hanging on YouTube Music as I often do, I suddenly realized that the only thing I miss at all from the late 1990s is "trip-hop."
How does a band go from being featured in "The Matrix" soundtrack... to being heard by millions every week doing the themes to popular TV shows like "House" with their song "Teardrop" and "Luther" with their song "Paradise Circus".... to even having allegations of international artist and man of mystery Banksy being one of their founding members to.....nothing?
I have no idea, but I'll be damned if I can get this track out of my head lately.