Help Support SM:

Spider-Man
General-Marvel Collectibles
Site Support
Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > HOT TOYS MOVIE MASTERPIECE FIGURES > HOT TOYS SIXTH SCALE MOVIE MASTERPIECE FIGURES: COLLECTIONS GALLERY

Thread Starter Frank Castle Replies 50 Views 12759  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old February 11th, 2010, 03:00:46 AM   #1
Frank Castle
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Default HOT TOYS Photography by Frank Castle

I thought I'd start a photo thread for Hot Toys since they are pumping out so many outstanding collectibles these days. These are some pics I've taken of my Hot Toys figures. The Big Chap Alien and T2 T-800 Arnold will be my next acquisitions and I'll post pics of those when I have them in hand. Please post pics of your collections as well.

Last edited by Frank Castle; February 17th, 2010 at 10:09:24 AM..
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:00:01 AM   #2
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Hot Toys is putting out some of the most incredible product I've ever seen!

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:39:12 PM   #3
Cimarron
Statue Marvels Royalty

FANTASTIC pieces!

I gotta get that Butch and Predator! ( would love to have them all!)

Thank You Frank.
Cimarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:55:25 PM   #4
predator31
Statue Marvels Store QC

the corporal hicks is awesome

Western Ghost Rider on Horseback 2014

Also Check Out The Original Western Ghost Rider Section!!!! http://www.statuemarvels.com/f552/
predator31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:46:49 PM   #5
Cimarron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator31 View Post
the corporal hicks is awesome
Hey Pred. Do you like this one? It is the only HT I have at the moment. I COULD NOT resist getting it.

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f268/pr...rone-7139.html
Cimarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:31:26 PM   #6
predator31
Statue Marvels Store QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
Hey Pred. Do you like this one? It is the only HT I have at the moment. I COULD NOT resist getting it.

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f268/pr...rone-7139.html
that is really sweet
predator31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:21:18 PM   #7
averone
Statue Marvels Royalty

Cool Thread!

I will take some photos hang in there!
averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:27:49 AM   #8
Frank Castle

I pulled the trigger today on the new Big Chap Alien from the first Alien movie and the Predator from the first film as well. I'll post pics upon arrival. Anyone else have any Hot Toys they can post pics of? Am I the only one on this board with these figures?

Last edited by Frank Castle; February 14th, 2010 at 04:30:47 AM..
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:11:34 PM   #9
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
I pulled the trigger today on the new Big Chap Alien from the first Alien movie and the Predator from the first film as well. I'll post pics upon arrival. Anyone else have any Hot Toys they can post pics of? Am I the only one on this board with these figures?
Great thread! I just ordered my 1st Hot Toys item, the T-800 Terminator. I'm going to try and pick up the Big Chap Alien as well as the original Predator and Dutch Schaeffer. I don't know how I dropped the ball on these as they were coming out, too wrapped up in Bowen Designs I guess. Where do you guys order from?? I ordered the T-800 from Sideshow, any tips on where to get older items? What are the chances of getting these through the wait list at SS?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of these.

Why wait until tomorrow when you can buy it today!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:14:19 AM   #10
Frank Castle

Congrats on taking the plunge and what a great first piece to start your collection with. You'll have to scour eBay to find the older, out of production pieces and they won't be cheap, but Dutch and Predator 1 shouldn't be too bad if you have patience and wait for a good price. Big Chap Alien is still available at most online stores so it'll be affordable. There are some pieces like the Lost Predator and Billy from Predator for example which are easy to find and cheap and others like the USCM figures which are ridiculously rare and expensive.
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:52:06 AM   #11
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks man! It's been eye opening to say the least! I can't believe I hadn't been aware of this line before, so much cool stuff. Like I said, I've just been too wrapped up in Bowen to notice some of these other lines. I've been shopping around and prices on some of these are through the roof. I don't really have a frame of reference on these so I'm trying to feel my way around as far as pricing and difference in variants and all that good stuff. I went to the Sideshow site to find what the original price was on some of these pieces, that way I know how much over that some of these are going for. So there are decent priced ones, that pop up if I'm patient? Good to know. Do you just order direct from SS or do you have somewhere else you recommend? I stumbled upon Alter-Ego Comics, Urban Collector and Cornerstore Comics. I noticed you're from L.A. as well, any good places to pick up some of this stuff as well as other goodies? Anyway, thanks for the info!
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:43:32 PM   #12
Frank Castle

I typically order from BBTS or Alter-Ego and I can't tell you if the SS wait list is a viable option, but my guess would be that once these are sold-out that's it. I can't see SS or any other online store suddenly getting a shipment of older Hot Toys that have been sold out for a while. As far as brick and mortar stores, most places know what they have and charge you for it. I've been to a few shops in L.A./Long Beach/Studio City and they all know exactly what they have and are aware of the current asking prices on ebay and elsewhere.
I, like you, have been into Bowen for a while now also and I've had to sacrifice buying some Hot Toys in order to get certain Bowen pieces and vice-a-versa. I love both and don't plan on giving up either any time soon, but it can get frustrating trying to choose between Deluxe Antman and Battle Damaged T-800 Endoskeleton.
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:54:46 PM   #13
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

I've already found a few of the pieces I'm interested still available and decently priced at a few places. I just need to get them now before they completely sell out, or risk the prices skyrocketing. Why do you think Lost Predator hasn't gone up in value? I'm only focusing on three lines within HTs products, Aliens/Predator/Terminator. Out of those I'm only interested in very basic characters, mostly the main characters, and I'm not too interested in a bunch of variants. So far there's seven figures I'm considering getting at some point, some of which are ones that you already have. I just have to start shopping.
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:57:58 PM   #14
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Frank, which Robocop do you have? I know they've done one for each of the films as well as one they apparently did a while ago for the 1st film, I believe.
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:25:56 PM   #15
Frank Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Frank, which Robocop do you have? I know they've done one for each of the films as well as one they apparently did a while ago for the 1st film, I believe.
I have the original Robocop from the first film. There's also one made from Robocop 3 that comes with the jet pack and gun arm. Another major difference is that the Robocop 3 version has a removable helmet and mine does not. The removable helmet doesn't sit as well on the face as the permanent helmet version IMO. Also, I could care less about Robocop 3 so the basic version is my preference. I have also heard that the paint on the armor may be slightly different between the two, though I don't know if that's true.
The coolest thing about this figure is that the right leg opens up to holster his pistol just like in the movie. F'n amazing!
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:35:46 PM   #16
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
The coolest thing about this figure is that the right leg opens up to holster his pistol just like in the movie. F'n amazing!
I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, too cool! I'd like to get this one as well, no idea how much they go for though, probably a lot.
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:08:03 AM   #17
Dark Knight NYC

I hope to add to this thread eventually...I have the Hot Toys Batman Sonar figure on pre-order, It will be my first HT. Wishing I could get the T800 Arnie complete with Box of Roses & Shotgun too, if finances allow

Dark Knight NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:11:08 PM   #18
Frank Castle

Alien Big Chap is in. Pictures to follow tonight....
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:18:34 PM   #19
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Sweet! Can't wait to see those pics. I ordered a couple of HTs over the weekend. I picked up a T-600 (Weathered Rubber Skin) as well as a Marcus Wright and a John Connor. I went a little nuts, but I don't want the prices to go through the roof on these and then I'll be paying much more to get them. What do you think are good prices for Dutch and Predator 1? I'm on the hunt for those two.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:21:40 PM   #20
Frank Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
What do you think are good prices for Dutch and Predator 1? I'm on the hunt for those two.
If you can find either for around $200.00 you're getting a pretty good deal. I've seen both go for over $250.00 on eBay.

Tags
hot toys