Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
Bowen Statues
XM Studios
Site Support
Amazon Home Page

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MODERN MARVEL & DC COMICS ACTION FIGURES & COLLECTIBLES

Thread Starter Fastball Special Replies 47 Views 12171  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:49:06 AM   #41
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Efx:

Look what showed up today! They told me yesterday that it was going to be delivered today, but their appointment time to pick up the container was not until 11PM! So, I held off posting anything! Because, as you know, we've been "teased" like this before! So, we sent out the shield to those who paid in full, except for about 18 pieces. We filled 3 FedEx trucks and that was all the trucks they had in the area. So, we have 18 pieces left over. Those will go out tomorrow. So since we sent the tracking numbers out last week, you should be able to track your shield at FedEx.com since these were picked up a couple hours ago! Thanks once again for your patience!
Fastball Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:54:12 PM   #42
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty

I would likely trade anything for one of these.

Sash's Bowen Collection Thread

If you see the collection thread in new posts, it's because new pics have been added.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:46:27 PM   #43
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
I would likely trade anything for one of these.
Did you not get a pre order in ?
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:14:56 PM   #44
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball Special View Post
Did you not get a pre order in ?
I did not, funds weren't available at that time . . . New baby.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:27:28 PM   #45
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
I did not, funds weren't available at that time . . . New baby.
Well congrats! But I didn't order from EFX but was lucky enough to get one at BBTS where they don't require a pre order.

Man of Action figures is already trying to sell it for $1,400 on Evilbay. I forsee a lot of flippers on this one.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:30:39 PM   #46
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Here's the first photos from someone who got their shield looks good

Old January 25th, 2015, 12:06:06 PM   #47
BDoggWhite
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Shield #122 arrived yesterday. After much debate of the compare/contrast with the upcoming King Arts shields throughout waiting for the shield to arrive, I knew better than to doubt eFX's track record of quality. They do not disappoint with Captain America's Shield. I am very pleased with my purchase and am impressed with the paints apps and how it appears to be spun aluminum. I have the aforementioned KA on pre-order and am not sure what I'll do with them. If this is the only shield to reside in my home, I'm pleased. Here are some pics and thoughts:

Up-close shots.
Precision with the paint apps and the appearance of spun aluminum (If you're not familiar with this shield, it is made of fiberglass like the stunt prop from the Avengers movie...King Arts promotes an aluminum shield). It looks very impressive.

Everyday viewing on wall mount
This thing looks great on the wall! The wall mount is the lone downer for me. Perhaps I was spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of eFX's Mjolnir stand as this wall mount pales in comparison. I will look into coming up with my own mount as the logos detract from the shield for me. I would have preferred the transparent supports without logos. If you plan on displaying a 1:1 scale shield on a pedestal and not on a wall, you will need a large space.

On display with other replicas
Here's the shield on display with my other replicas. The shield isn't centered as I went with a pre-existing hole while mulling over what to do with a custom wall mount. As you can see, the shield fits in beautifully with eFX's Thor's Mjolnir.

Great job, eFX! The gong case that comes with is an excellent and thoughtful inclusion. Bravo!

I read a lot of heat towards eFX regarding delays, etc and feel that their past history bit them on this order. This shield went up for PO in May 2014 and was still delivered to my door well under a year from PO. Sideshow statues are almost always at least a year wait. There was one delay that appeared to be QC-related but we shouldn't complain about eFX's insistence on delivering top notch stuff...the consumer wins by waiting a bit longer. The nearly month long delay in December-January was beyond eFX's control with the port strike.

In the end, this is a superb product and currently hangs proudly in my collection. Congrats to all of those who got in on the pre-orders and will get theirs in the near future!

BDoggWhite's Collection Room Thread
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/sh...ion-12380.html
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2015, 12:39:12 PM   #48
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks for the photos! I too can't decide between this or Kings Arts. I have them both on PO and hopefully their arrivals will be spaced out enough for me to get them both and compare them side by side.