Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
DC Comics Harley Quinn DC Comics Maquette
Amazon Home Page
Site Support
Sideshow Iron Man Mark III Maquette
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MODERN MARVEL & DC COMICS ACTION FIGURES & COLLECTIBLES

Thread Starter Fastball Special Replies 47 Views 11568  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:59:10 PM   #21
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elurew View Post
so the question is... do i trust them to get it out this august? or even this year?

cause if so, i would probably be just with throwing the full price down upfront...
but if it takes a year?

EFX is, unfortunately, notorious for delays. Hopefully not this time.
Fastball Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:22:08 PM   #22
elurew
Statue Marvels Royalty

alright... i did it... full purchase since i know i want it anyway. Here's hoping it comes within this calendar year!

My Collection

My Photobucket page

My Most Wanted FS pieces
Astonishing Cat Beast
Museum Modern Kitty Pryde
Astonishing Collosus
Angela
Ultimate Thor (Hitch)
Ultimate Iron Man (Hitch)
Any modern guardians of the galaxy characters
elurew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:02:57 PM   #23
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
alright... i did it... full purchase since i know i want it anyway. Here's hoping it comes within this calendar year!
Nice! Post pics when you get it
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:05:32 AM   #24
BDoggWhite
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Ordered! It sold out in a matter of hours!
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:40:35 AM   #25
elurew
Statue Marvels Royalty

oh wow! that's surprising. now i'm really glad i ordered. I would've been so pissed if i missed it.

Interesting though, i never got an email indicating it was available for pre-order. If it wasn't for this site, i would've missed it entirely!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:47:25 AM   #26
elurew
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Ordered! It sold out in a matter of hours!
did you get an email confirmation? i didn't... though my order is in my order history so im not too concerned...
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:03:08 AM   #27
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Good luck with this and I hope you don't have to wait. Can't wait to see pics of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:56:31 AM   #28
Cozmictoyz
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball Special View Post
IMO the price is too high for a fiberglass replica. Considering the Old Factory X ones were machined aluminum. Still a nice piece though I miss the old companies like Master Replicas, Factory X etc that made metal replicas.
I think some of you are a bit misinformed when it comes to the things you comment on. Not only that, you are comparing items made years ago with items being manufactured in today's prices.

Factory X and Museum Replicas shields were metal and hand hammered into shape (not machined) by their own factory in India. They own the factory, so they control their own manufacturing costs (ie no markup). The process of making these was, by no means, meant to capture any detail or accuracy against an actual film prop. It was simply a design based off of hand drawn art from the comics.

The actual "hero" film prop for Avengers was produced by Studio Art and was indeed fiberglass. Granted, they were based off of castings from the aluminum "hero" shield used in The First Avenger, but for the Avengers movie the shields were being made of fiberglass, because they were more conducive to the filming process.

So what eFX is producing matches what is seen on screen in terms of both detail and material. To have the same shield at 24" spun in aluminum, at today's prices, would have cost the collector over $1500. That includes quotes from both US factories and Chinese Factories. Now you could make a bootleg one for maybe $700-$1000, but for a company with overhead and licensing fees to pay, $1500 was more likely the final price.

Yes, Factory X/Museum Replicas versions were 36", metal and had bigger displays all for $300/$350. No one is arguing that. But they are in no way apples to oranges to what eFX is producing.

As a consumer/dealer I too look at the prices of other manufacturer's products and feel that they are priced too high. I don't judge them for charging what they do, because I assume there is a good reason for it beyond them just wanting to "gouge" collectors. If I don't think the item is worth it, then I will vote with my dollars and pass. You are free to do the same, but I caution making too many comparisons between items that have fewer real similarities than you seem to think.
Cozmictoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:20:59 PM   #29
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmictoyz View Post
I think some of you are a bit misinformed when it comes to the things you comment on. Not only that, you are comparing items made years ago with items being manufactured in today's prices.

Factory X and Museum Replicas shields were metal and hand hammered into shape (not machined) by their own factory in India. They own the factory, so they control their own manufacturing costs (ie no markup). The process of making these was, by no means, meant to capture any detail or accuracy against an actual film prop. It was simply a design based off of hand drawn art from the comics.

The actual "hero" film prop for Avengers was produced by Studio Art and was indeed fiberglass. Granted, they were based off of castings from the aluminum "hero" shield used in The First Avenger, but for the Avengers movie the shields were being made of fiberglass, because they were more conducive to the filming process.

So what eFX is producing matches what is seen on screen in terms of both detail and material. To have the same shield at 24" spun in aluminum, at today's prices, would have cost the collector over $1500. That includes quotes from both US factories and Chinese Factories. Now you could make a bootleg one for maybe $700-$1000, but for a company with overhead and licensing fees to pay, $1500 was more likely the final price.

Yes, Factory X/Museum Replicas versions were 36", metal and had bigger displays all for $300/$350. No one is arguing that. But they are in no way apples to oranges to what eFX is producing.

As a consumer/dealer I too look at the prices of other manufacturer's products and feel that they are priced too high. I don't judge them for charging what they do, because I assume there is a good reason for it beyond them just wanting to "gouge" collectors. If I don't think the item is worth it, then I will vote with my dollars and pass. You are free to do the same, but I caution making too many comparisons between items that have fewer real similarities than you seem to think.
Thanks CozmicToyz! Welcome to SM! Are you associated with the cozmic toyz website??
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:52:59 PM   #30
Cozmictoyz
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Hi Fastball:

Thanks for the welcome! Oddly enough I thought I was a member here already, but alas I was not. All good though.

Yes....I wear many hats, including managing Cozmictoyz.com.

I hope the info on the shield helps. Obviously you are not the only one that had expressed the same concerns, but figured I would use your post as a jumping off point.

The eFX Shield is fantastic and I don't think anyone will ultimately be disappointed with it.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:02:04 PM   #31
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmictoyz View Post
Hi Fastball:

Thanks for the welcome! Oddly enough I thought I was a member here already, but alas I was not. All good though.

Yes....I wear many hats, including managing Cozmictoyz.com.

I hope the info on the shield helps. Obviously you are not the only one that had expressed the same concerns, but figured I would use your post as a jumping off point.

The eFX Shield is fantastic and I don't think anyone will ultimately be disappointed with it.
Awesome! You should make an introductory thread talking about your website! You would definitely get some customers here, your prices are always amazing on statues.

Do you have an actual store? I thought I read you were in Daytona, FL.

Also will you have the Cap shields ?
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:16:40 PM   #32
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty

So I want to jump on this. Cozmic, although it is made of fiberglass, will it appear and feel metal in anyway.

Sash's Bowen Collection Thread

If you see the collection thread in new posts, it's because new pics have been added.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:58:30 PM   #33
Cozmictoyz
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball Special View Post
Awesome! You should make an introductory thread talking about your website! You would definitely get some customers here, your prices are always amazing on statues.

Do you have an actual store? I thought I read you were in Daytona, FL.

Also will you have the Cap shields ?
We have a warehouse there, but no retail store. The shield is available for pre-order on our website.

Thanks
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:00:07 PM   #34
Cozmictoyz
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
So I want to jump on this. Cozmic, although it is made of fiberglass, will it appear and feel metal in anyway.
Not sure that it will "feel" metal, but it certainly has all of the in-cuts that a machined aluminum one would have. And the paint has a "metallic" sheen to it as well.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:23:27 AM   #35
BDoggWhite

Quote:
did you get an email confirmation? i didn't... though my order is in my order history so im not too concerned...
Mine came in about an hour ago.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:12:19 AM   #36
elurew
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Mine came in about an hour ago.
mine too
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:32:51 AM   #37
roguematt7

Despite owning three Cap shields already (all three Museum Replicas versions), and the previous round shield costing half the price with only 1,000 made AND being made of solid steel... I couldn't say no to this.
roguematt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:10:49 PM   #38
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Anyone got this on pre order? EFX keeps waiting for these to get picked up at the port or to arrive. Just wondering when well see some in hand photos!
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:55:38 PM   #39
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

If you ordered directly from EFX, check your emails. Some people are getting their shields this week!
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:48:07 AM   #40
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Facebook update from EFX