Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios
Spider-Man
Conan
Site Support

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS: THE ARCHIVES

Closed Thread
Thread Starter HoldyourfireAl Replies 30 Views 17370  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:59:12 AM   #21
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Former Statue Forum Mod, Boondocksaint posts the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
This was just posted by Boondocksaint, I think it was awesome of him to man up, apologize, and admit that he was wrong:

well ive had a few negative things to say about bowen in the past and positive things as well...(never anything about his wife family or employees) but after reading his side of the story if all this is true i dont blame the guy and want to apologize for any negative things i said about his character or anything else i might have said that rubbed him the wrong way.
I know it doesnt matter if i apologize and i know he doesnt care if i do but when im wrong i like to admit it and let the person know i was wrong...

again theres two sides of every story but knowing what i do about certain things that go on i believe what randy is saying(again i know he probably does not care)
bowen designs and randys interaction with myself and the rest of the fans was what got me started in this hobby and for that i would like to thank him and his company because i do love this hobby and it 100% wouldnt be where it is without randy.

and id also like to apologize to any of my fellow collectors who were bothered by my childish bashing of bowens products and for any trouble i have caused in this section..

in the last 2 months i lost my best friend,my father was in icu for 3 weeks(almost died) and me and my wife had a personal loss...because of all this i realize life is to short to be bothering with crap and drama and our time should be spent enjoying the things that make us happy like this hobby...

im sure ill be ridiculed or bashed for posting this but its cool ill just dust it off move forward and enjoy our great hobby....

again my apologies to randy and all the other members ive insulted or bothered in the past!

happy collecting

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:02:55 AM   #22
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Randy accepts Boonie's apology...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Jackson View Post
Sweet Jesus! I've just been reading through some of the plot that transpired since last night! Have Mercy!

This reads like a great mystery screenplay, except nobody dies in this one. (except maybe the credibility of a few people at SF).

I applaud people like Boondocksaint for seeing the picture clearly now. I wonder how long before the thread at SF is deleted, or the Bowen section is dropped there entirely?

I really enjoy seeing vindication for RB in all this, Al and Jack Daddy too for that matter.

The people who really got hurt were the people who believed in what they were being told at SF. This has also probably harmed Bowen Designs financially as well.

Damn!

In the end, there is Vindication for the Righteous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy bowen View Post
Thanks Sam-

As interesting as this story is to some, it's not a great thing to have lived with. I just want it to be over.

I've accepted Boonie's apology, and give him great credit for doing so.
Like you said- the main people who were hurt, are the people who just want to enjoy a hobby without the drama, or people taking advantage of them.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:05:44 AM   #23
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Long time & current Statue Forum member & newly reinstated Statue Marvels member, Jesse321, makes a statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobhound aka Rick View Post
Jesse321, just asked me to make sure this got posted here. As I consider him to be a great Friend here it is.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Wow, just WOW!!

Keeping up with this thread over the past few days on the forums, has reminded me of the days when I was routing for Luke, Laura and Robert Scorpio to beat the Cassadine’s before they were able to use the “Ice Princess” to send Port Charles to an icy grave on General Hosptial!

Let me first apologize for what will be the length of what will be a very long winded post, because there’s a lot of ground to cover. And there might be a distinct possibility that I won’t be here once I’ve said my peace, so I’m going to try to cover everything at one shot, as objectively as possible.

First and foremost, I really thought I was pretty well informed about the things that were going on behind the scenes, having personally known a lot of the players (for lack of a better term) involved personally, but BOY was I ever wrong, it now seems that I didn’t know the half of it. Or, perhaps a better way to phrase it is, I only did know the “half” of it.

In so far as CS is concerned, like a lot of other businesses, Danny got into some tight spots, I ordered quite a number of pieces from him over the years to help support the forum, and towards the end, yeah there were some issues in filling the orders, but nothing as nefarious as some of what was being speculated now, it was just some stupid decisions. Anyone who’s never made a boneheaded mistake, please raise your hand, I know mine aren’t, cause I’ve made PLENTY over the years. In the end though, he did come through, did it take him some time, yes, I won’t deny that, but in the end he did come through.

In so far as BD’s, I’ve never agreed with any of the personal attacks against Randy, his family and/or employees (or anyone else’s for that matter) I can honestly say, I’ve never had anything but great communications with BD’s employees, and have stated so numerous times. Do I think Randy’s perfect, hell no, but then again, neither am I, nor is anyone else, but I can say without a doubt that Randy’s never purposely done something regarding BD’s or it’s products with any malice of forethought as some would like to think. Often times, Randy tends to second guess himself, because of information that he gets from the various forums to his own detriment, but he does for the most part have collectors and fans first and foremost in his thoughts as he makes the pieces he produces.

While I know that I’ve had more than my share of scuffles on the forums from time to time, I would like to believe that (at least in so far as Randy and BD’s is concerned) I’ve kept my comments focused on his products and not his person. But if for whatever reason he feels that I’ve ever crossed that line from professional to personal, I offer him and his staff, my apologies. It was never my intent to insult him on a personal level.

With regard to Drew, I can uncategorically say that I’ve never known to make rash decisions on the fly. Does that mean that I necessarily agree with him all the time, no, not necessarily, but to me a friend is not someone that will always agree with you, a friend is someone that will disagree with you, and yet still be there to help you pick up the pieces when you screw up. And for the record, I even sent him a PM last night telling him that he should shut this thread down, because it was unfair that he was the one taking all the heat for the current situation.

While I can see, what I thought at the time, what his reasoning was for Randy’s banning, with all the events and information that’s come to light, I can’t say that I agree with it any longer, and am adding my voice to the many that have already said the banning shouldn’t stand. Despite the fact that I have no proof of what I’m about to say, something continues tell me that this not only wasn’t his idea, but it may not have been his choice either.

Onward and upward to Al … I’m gonna need a shot of tequila for this one … Al, YOU WERE RIGHT, not about everything, but you were right about enough for me to know that I owe you an apology and you have it. I know that you and I have butted heads on more than one occasion, but I’m man enough to admit when I was wrong and BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!! While I still don’t necessarily agree with your “over-enthusiasm”, I can see where I’ve been more than jaded when it comes to you, and I’m sincerely sorry.

That’s pretty much it, I highly doubt that any of this will change anything, I think the avalanche here and everywhere else is pretty much out of anyone’s control now. Hopefully the new forum that Randy mentioned might go a ways to giving everyone concerned some middle ground were we can all act like civilized adults.

With that … have at it folks, peace out, see you all at NYCC!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:09:57 AM   #24
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

The owner of Statue Forum comes out of hiding thanks to the exposure here on Statue Marvels and issues the following statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
The owner of Statue Forum decides to interact with his members. I really have no use for what d rod says, but maybe it's of interest to some of you?

Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:17:53 AM   #25
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Randy defends painter, Danno, who the Statue Forum owner conviently lays the blame for his own handling of the Aspen Statue Forum Exclusive Statue. See this thread...

Aspen Statue Forum Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy bowen View Post
Thank you for the support. I'll pass along your thoughts.

Side note.
Danno is getting the shaft in the whole Aspen debacle. He's not been paid a dime for his efforts. And you're correct, Danno is a straight shooter, and should not be treated as he has been. Absolutely none of the mess is his doing.

BTW: Dana P. has quit as a mod at SF. I wonder how many more will resign, or be eliminated?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:30:15 AM   #26
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

As it stands now....

- Statue Forum has hid or deleted the Randy Bowen Banning thread.
- Drew aka Galactus claims he has been "demoted." Whatever that means?
- Statue Forum Owner, d rod has actually spent some time on his board for the first
time in ages!
- The bashing of Bowen Designs by the usual suspects continues in this thread...

Wendigo price adjusted to $275.00!!!!!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:32:34 AM   #27
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

For further updates, see this thread...

Randy Bowen BANNED From Statue Forum
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:54:53 AM   #28
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Statue Forum now has a Tony Coca Restitution thread!
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:36:52 AM   #29
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

I wanted to bring to folks' attention what the owner of Statue Forum, Danny aka d rod is all about...

Danny attempts to explain the mass resignation of Statue Forum Mods as them being very busy in their "real lives." Of course, anyone with half a brain knows why those mods resigned...they did not want their reputations tarnished by being associated with Danny aka d rod aka owner of Statue Forum.

Danny's been away from the board so long that he doesn't realize that folks got wise to his "hustle" a few years ago when he was taking money for statues that were never coming and we had to relentlessly hunt him down for months to get refunds.

Unfortunately, some customers didn't realize what Danny had been up to previously and these poor souls handed money over to him 3 years ago and still don't have their statues...
Statue Forum Aspen Statue Exclusive

And the worst thing about this current holding customers' money hostage situation is that once again, d rod accepts no responsibility in the matter and blames other people.

This is EXACTLY what he did when we had to chase him down for the Bowen statues for which we had paid. At that time, Danny couldn't blame Bowen Designs quickly enough..."they haven't shipped them to me yet. They sometimes get their orders in separate waves. That's why you see them on your comic store shelves for 3 - 6 months & I still haven't sent them out to you."

Yeah,...OK Danny.

Thankfully, Randy opened his mouth in this thread and now the real reason has been exposed.

So, Danny...you really expect us to believe that your mods resigned because their real lives are too busy? How many lies do you expect us all to fall for through the years?

You're exposed dude. Your best course of action is to just shut up. Your continued presence is just a reminder that a swindler owns Statue Forum and your actions have caused a lot of good folks to give up their responsibilities at your site.

By the way, what happened to your former Mod, JDH's section, "Good Grief?"...

Hmmm....

PS: All you new mods on Statue Forum, I hope you understand what this guy you "work" for is all about. You might want to consider the affect of his reputation on all of yours because Danny sure doesn't.

He let Drew aka Galactus be the fall guy for years and let Drew clean up his messes. Don't let him do it to you folks.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:59:30 AM   #30
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

OK...so Drew aka Galactus retitles the Bowen Designs section on Statue Forum to Bowen Decligns. That's fine. What I don't get is why certain guys, who are actual fans of this company, have accepted roles as moderators of that site. I mean, are you kidding me?

Some of those mods seem like good, genuine people, but they knowingly "work" for an owner & admin that would rename the section - "Bowen Decligns."

I dunno guys...when are you morals & values going to kick in and say to you, "hey! These guys are really a bunch of a$$holes that bring NOTHING to the hobby?"

I guess we all need to follow our own code of ethics.

Just sayin'...
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:03:47 AM   #31
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Moved to the Archive since Statue Forum is pretty old news at this point when it comes to Bowen Designs.

Closed Thread

Tags
randy bowen banned, statue forum