Amazon Home Page
Spider-Man
Daredevil Marvel Sixth Scale Figure
XM Studios
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
General-Marvel Collectibles
Site Support
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MARVEL * DC * IMAGE & OTHERS COMIC BOOK DISCUSSIONS

Thread Starter REL Replies 329 Views 15186  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old April 9th, 2017, 11:11:14 PM   #321
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

I feel the same about Kevin Maguire's work. I know it's different but I have always liked it....

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:08:07 PM   #322
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

well having the day off I did some more reading today

First book was the collected edition of the FEAR ITSELF mini-series. I thought it was average at best. The storyline was not bad but it almost should have been a storyline in either Thor or the Avengers. The writing was average and for some reason the Stuart Immonen artwork did not seem to be up to his usual standards.

The 2nd book was FEAR ITSELF-THE FEARLESS. I was not expecting much after Fear Itself but it was very good. The basic storyline involved a task the Odin gave Valkyrie to perform. We learn a lot more of her backstory and it does give casual references to her time in the Defenders and Secret Avengers. In my opinion, this book far surpassed the Fear Itself mini series 10 times over and is definitely worth a read. And there is good artwork from Paul Pelletier and Mark Bagley.

link to sale thread

http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=31664

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

Nighthawk
Wonder Man
Mockingbird
Moondragon
Mantis
and a really good Phoenix Museum Pose statue
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:36:02 PM   #323
REL
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'll have to pick up a copy of The Fearless.

I'm currently reading Brubaker's Velvet. It's a spy tale. Very James Bond'esque. I'm liking it so far.

Robert Kirkman's Thief of Thieves first TPB was very good if you are into heist stories with interesting twists (same author wrote The Walking Dead and Outcast).
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:50:30 PM   #324
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I keep putting off Fear Itself. I want to read it but I would like to see the omnibus come out. Looking forward to my Prelude to War of Kings.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 09:52:46 AM   #325
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

I didn't care for Fear Itself either. Felt very mediocre and didn't even feel like an "event".

Recently finished Preacher and was very pleased with it. Also started Velvet and I'm liking it too. The art is gorgeous.

Received my Prelude to War of Kings. I think it's time I started reading my cosmic stuff even though I don't have Annihilation. Or maybe I should hold off until next year with hopes they will finally reprint it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:08:52 AM   #326
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post

I'm currently reading Brubaker's Velvet. It's a spy tale. Very James Bond'esque. I'm liking it so far.
I thought Velvet was great. Someone here recommended it, can't remember who it was...
Old April 19th, 2017, 05:20:20 PM   #327
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

With my collection room renovation, I've had to move things around to do some work, which gave me an opportunity to redo some of my book shelves. I only have three, so all of the DC stuff has been removed and now there are two for Marvel and one for Independent. Once the room is done there will be new and more shelves for all of my hardcovers which is nearly larger than my actual comics collection now. Not shown is the Alpha Flight by John Byrne Omnibus which I'm reading now.

Marvel Omnibus
by Blindzider Photography, on Flickr

Marvel Omnibus, Masterworks and OHC

Independent HCs
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:35:05 PM   #328
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Wowzers!
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:39:57 PM   #329
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm coveting that Captain Britain omnibus, BZ. I just made room for a non DC/Marvel shelf as well. It's pretty puny right now but I'll build it up a little this summer. My Marvel omnibus collection will explode this Fall with so many Thor and Punisher volumes coming out, not to mention another Cap omnibus in December.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:38:02 AM   #330
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'm coveting that Captain Britain omnibus, BZ. I just made room for a non DC/Marvel shelf as well. It's pretty puny right now but I'll build it up a little this summer. My Marvel omnibus collection will explode this Fall with so many Thor and Punisher volumes coming out, not to mention another Cap omnibus in December.
Sounds like we are getting the same Omnibus later this year. I'll be picking up Amazing Spider-Man V3, Simonson Thor, Thor V3, Waid/Garney Captain America, Shang-Chi V4, Planet Hulk Omnibus, and possibly the X-Men Classic one. And that's just the ones that have been announced.

I recommend to everyone to look at Image stuff, especially ones from Brubaker or from Remender. It took me awhile to break away from superheroes but there's some really good stuff out there.