STATUE   M A R V E L S STATUE   M A R V E L S  

Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Prime1 Studios Batman
Harley Quinn DC Comics Statue
Sideshow Collectibles Thor Jane Foster Premium Format Figure Premium Format Figure
Sideshow Collectibles Deathstroke the Terminator Premium Format Figure
Prime 1 Studios Ultraman Statue Distributed by Sideshow Collectibles
Batman Beyond - Gold Edition DC Comics Statue
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES > SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: COLLECTIONS GALLERY

Thread Starter khufutaron Replies 70 Views 13127  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old June 11th, 2016, 01:41:18 PM   #61
TrueFaith

Beautiful collection khufutaron.
That Black Bolt is a truly amazing piece.
I feel almost honored for the opportunity to see up close a statue that I'd probably never get the chance to see anywhere in person.
Thanks so much for sharing!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2016, 10:05:31 PM   #62
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Wow your set up is great! Really loving those XM pieces. The more I see them the more I can't wait to actually own some.
Fastball Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 11:48:31 PM   #63
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks guys! I'm really liking Black Bolt more and more. I knew it was a great looking statue, but that screaming/floating pose just has so much presence. Its just one of those perfect poses that conveys a ton of action/emotion.

Bowen Collection -- SSC & XM Collection -- Fine Art Collection Part 1 & Part 2
Star Wars X-Mas -- JEEP Trails -- Coming Soon
khufutaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2016, 01:54:01 AM   #64
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Another awesome piece, congrats!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 05:54:00 PM   #65
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

I received my XM Dr Strange last night and I'm happy to report, yes it is awesome. This is personal grail for me, but quite honestly, I think it might just be a grail for anyone who collects Marvel statues.

Yes, this statue is better than Magneto. Its without a doubt the best statue in my collection from a character, delivery, etc... standpoint. I know a lot of people might disagree, but in my opinion, its not eve close. Absolute perfection!! Now some pics:

The classic portrait is phenomenal. I think is perfect representation of the character.

As always the paint and lines are flawless.

This is really hard to get a picture of, but the Orb of Agamotto is really cool with. Its deep black with tiny little sparkles.

[/url]

The book stand is so cool. Its like its own little mini-statue. It definitely gives you display options being able to move it around, and the details are perfect.

The base is one complete piece attached to Dr. Strange's cape. There are two light-up options, and they are accessible by removing the middle eye part (it just rests there - no magnets or latches). I'm using the light rotation red to green to yellow etc...

[/url]

Here he is in all his glory!! I currently have him bunking with the FS Ant-Man, but I'll probably remove him. Speaking of Ant-Man, another great statue, I have his ants roaming around my display and his mini-statue in with Wolverine lol. I'm going to start looking for another Besta, Pax, etc... setup.

Old June 16th, 2016, 09:08:17 AM   #66
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Congrats! I think my favorite XM pieces are the Black Bolt (and I would have done the same options as you), Magento (prefer with the helmet on) and Doctor Strange.

I was going to ask what your plans were for more shelving because clearly at the rate you are going will need more. You decided against all of the Spidey Villains right (or was that someone else? Can't wait to see all of those in 1/4 scale together.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:50:09 AM   #67
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks! I'm looking to do x2 more setups like I have with the Bestas. One for X-men, one for Spider-man, and one Marvel "universe".

My grand plan... lol

X-men

Have/Pre-Ordered: XM Phoenix, SS Sentinel Maquette, XM Magneto, XM Wolverine, XM Cable, ICON Mr. Sinister, SS Apocalype.

Want: Iceman, Bishop, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut.

Spider-Man

Have/PO'd: SS Spider-Man, SS Green Goblin, Halimaw! Symbiot, XM Kraven, XM Mysterio, XM Sandman, XM Scorpion, XM Lizard, XM Punisher, XM Venom.

Want: Shocker

Marvel Universe

Have/PO'd: XM Daredevil, XM Moon Knight, XM Black Panther, XM Iron Fist, XM Black Bolt, XM Kingpin, XM Dr. Strange, XM Ant-Man, XM Thanos, XM Ms Marvel, XM Hulk

Want: XM Classic Iron Man or XM Mark VII Iron Man (still deciding)

There will end up being a fourth display if anyone ever doses Cosmic characters: Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Nova, etc... I have an ambitious list, but with the planning I've done with my XM source, I think I have everything but the "wants" lined up. I'm hoping the pace stays about the same as 6-7 statues a year is the sweet spot for me. I only have Kraven/Mysterio on the horizon with maybe Sandman coming Q4 (likely next year though). So, once I settle on my Iron Man, it's going to be quiet for quite awhile. It's just been a crazy couple of months with Daredevil, Ant-Man, Black Bolt, & Dr. Strange all landing about the same time.
Old June 16th, 2016, 12:25:47 PM   #68
TrueFaith

That Doctor Strange is epic and a fine addition to an already awesome display.
And there are certainly worse situations than having one's personal display "master plan" subject to the scheduling whims of a statue manufacturer.
Talk about "third world problems", LOL.
We should all have those kind of annoyances.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:52:59 PM   #69
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

My XM Sandman came last night. I had originally asked my source to hold one for me, then XM changed it up, and I forgot to cancel my reservation. So, I went through with the order anyway, and I'm actually really glad I did. It turned out really well. I'm still missing the mallet/hammer arm, and the shipping ($420 USD) was awful. But, its absolutely amazing in person. Think 1/4 scale Bowen Sandman - the paint, the text, etc... its all there. The pose is a little limiting, but with how I displayed it, the action it gives off is outstanding.

Both portraits are well done. I wish the normal head had better stair-step hair highlights, but the sand portrait is perfect. I prefer the normal version because of the action pose - like he's rising up and out partially transformed.

The sand color and texture is perfect. The paint, clothes, etc... are great as always with XM statues.

The sand spike and hand are HUGE... I'm 6'5" with medium-ish hands - these things are beasts. And, the spikes are dangerous - sharp, heavy and solid - no joke be careful with them.

Here he is in all his awesomeness:

Bonus - This is how I have him displayed right now - normal head & spike hand. The pose and action on this statue lines up perfectly with Sideshow's recent Spider-man PF. They look great together!

Old August 26th, 2016, 04:04:34 PM   #70
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

As always, the details on XM statues are amazing. IMO, Sandman makes a good diorama with the Black Spidey!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:07:38 PM   #71
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Pretty good sense of motion on that Sandman. Goes great with your Spideys!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote