Sideshow Collectibles Deathstroke the Terminator Premium Format Figure
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
Daredevil Marvel Sixth Scale Figure
XM Studios
Amazon Home Page
Harley Quinn DC Comics Statue
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > OTHER STATUE FORUM > EAGLEMOSS MARVEL & DC CLASSIC FIGURINE COLLECTIONS: FORUM

Thread Starter TrueFaith Replies 12 Views 890  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old February 9th, 2017, 04:40:51 PM   #1
TrueFaith

Default A New Player on the 1/6 Statue Scene

...and it's Eaglemoss.
This is their first 13" resin statue, it's reasonably priced and I think it's pretty nice.
They've been getting bigger for a while now with their Marvel Fact Files 6" figures, but it looks like they've finally taken the plunge to 1/6 scale.
Don't forget that Eaglemoss is one of the few companies that has both a Marvel and DC license, so this could get a whole lot more interesting in the coming months.

More pics here:
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/dc-cl...a-harley-quinn
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2017, 05:06:31 PM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Gotta say, that's some good news. Hope they crank them out at a faster pace than Koto does.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:05:08 PM   #3
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

Even though I have no interest in Harley Quinn, it is a nice statue and and nice to see that size at a reasonable price being produced.

link to sale thread

http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthr...439#post635439

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

Nighthawk
Wonder Man
Mockingbird
Moondragon
Mantis
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:51:01 AM   #4
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Nice paint app.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 01:46:52 PM   #5
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Agreed, it's not bad and the price point is right. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same sculpt as the Batman chess set. I'm wondering if they just scale them up and if so, does that mean less detail? It's hard to tell with Harley because her costume doesn't have a lot of detail.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:54:58 PM   #6
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Agreed, it's not bad and the price point is right. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same sculpt as the Batman chess set. I'm wondering if they just scale them up and if so, does that mean less detail? It's hard to tell with Harley because her costume doesn't have a lot of detail.
You're right, Joe. It does appear to be identical to the chess piece.
I would imagine that at that price point, we're probably not going to get a huge amount of added detail, like shading or elaborate bases. As Vecchio1 noted though, the paint apps are well done. As long as they can "scale up" the smaller figures and produce a nice, if basic, 13" statue for only $150 I think they'll find a market pretty easily. It will be interesting to see if they opt to produce only the really popular characters they've already done, like Harley Quinn, or will throw in a few of the many obscure characters they've done too. I'd love to see them give their Adam Strange or Doctor Fate "DC Classic Collection" 4" figures this 1/6 scale treatment, or the Blackest Night DC Chess characters like Larfleez or Red Lantern Guy Gardner, which are already nicely detailed in the smaller versions.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this line goes, but even without a lot of detail I think this first effort of Harley is a welcome surprise, especially at so low a price. Seeing the interest there is in some of the less detailed "animated" statue versions of The Avengers characters here on SM lately, Eaglemoss could really be onto something here.
Old February 10th, 2017, 08:00:52 PM   #7
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

I hope they can make this work, would love to add some quality DC statues to the collection...

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 08:17:31 PM   #8
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarasadies View Post
I hope they can make this work, would love to add some quality DC statues to the collection...
Agreed. Although I'm getting a real sense that DC Collectables is finally making a conscious effort to "up it's game" as of late. Their most recent releases are much improved over what they've offered in the past and there seems to be much more of a consistency in quality than whats come before.
I just received their new Aquaman bust in the mail today and it's really quite stunning for a $50 bust.

Old February 10th, 2017, 09:10:40 PM   #9
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

While I agree for the most part that DC Collectables has improved and put out some really nice pieces lately, they are not the greatest at developing quality pieces of second tier characters unless they are females. I would love quality statues of Kilowog, Spectre, Martian Manhunter, Professor Zoom and Doctor Fate to name a few, but they are not the types of characters DC Collectables seems to be interested in producing...
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:10:45 PM   #10
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

That Aquaman bust is pretty nice.

One other thing to note: that Harley statue is exclusive to their Eaglemoss website shop, suggesting they aren't distributing it where you can buy it many places. It's almost as if they are testing the waters.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 11:15:35 PM   #11
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Not interested in Harley but I do hope this line continues. Would love to see a full Justice League with this price point. The big 6 then Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate and so on. Would be interesting.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 08:57:28 AM   #12
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Not interested in Harley but I do hope this line continues. Would love to see a full Justice League with this price point. The big 6 then Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate and so on. Would be interesting.
I'm not a huge Harley Quinn fan either, but with all of the crazy versions of Harley out there these days, from "Bombshells" to "Cover Girls" to "Suicide Squad", if I were to pick up a Harley Quinn for my collection it would probably be this one. A quintessential and classic representation of the original character without any frills.
I have literally hundreds of the Eaglemoss "Classic" 4" lead figures and Chess pieces, both Marvel and DC and there are many of them that are so well done they would look amazing "blown up" to 1/6 scale. Their Hawkman and Hawkwoman would look awesome in full size with no need to add additional detail.
I too would love to see at least the JLA line-up in this scale. Hopefully the upcoming movie will prompt them to offer it, but if nothing else I sure hope this line attracts enough interest that they at least do a 13" version of their DC Chess Hal Jordan figure for my GL collection! Fingers crossed!!

Old February 12th, 2017, 12:49:34 PM   #13
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Definitely promising. I hope this line takes off and they do start producing some of the more B/C list characters from DC and Marvel. I'm okay with the 'scaling up' if that is what they're doing. Some of the sculpts they used were pretty spot on for the characters.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote