Bowen Statues
Amazon Home Page
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
General-Marvel Collectibles
Daredevil Marvel Sixth Scale Figure
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > DC COLLECTIBLES FORMERLY DC DIRECT > DC COLLECTIBLES: PICS of INDIVIDUAL PIECES

Thread Starter Puck It Replies 12 Views 8078  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old February 13th, 2015, 09:00:02 PM   #1
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default PICS: DC Collectibles New 52 Deathstroke mini-bust by Puck It

Pics of the new DC Collectibles New 52 Deathstroke bust. Very cool...very happy with this piece. Great detail, excellent pose, very clean paint job...not to mention it's Deathstroke; what more could you ask for? Displays well with Bowen busts. Doesn't show up very well in the pics, but the wear/damage on the armor is a nice touch. If you're on the fence about this one, take the leap. You won't be disappointed.

DC Collectibles New 52 Deathstroke mini-bust

Last edited by Puck It; February 13th, 2015 at 09:02:25 PM..
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2015, 09:04:01 PM   #2
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks for the terrific pics!

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 09:09:10 PM   #3
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I think this is DC's best mini bust. I'm not a fan of that armor from the comics, but that bust looks great. Thinking of picking one up now. Hey Puck, you should check out the Deadshot bust that they have coming up. Looks pretty sweet IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:06:00 PM   #4
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

Nice! DC is killing it with their mini bust line. Wish they would make their statues on the same level.
Fastball Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:13:08 AM   #5
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

No prob Tarasadies, had fun taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I think this is DC's best mini bust. I'm not a fan of that armor from the comics, but that bust looks great. Thinking of picking one up now. Hey Puck, you should check out the Deadshot bust that they have coming up. Looks pretty sweet IMO.
I'm with you, I'd rather it be the OG Deathstroke, but this will more than do. Yeah, I saw that. Looks like another winner to me. Should go nicely with this guy. Yeah man, I'd grab one...great deal at retail IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball Special View Post
Nice! DC is killing it with their mini bust line. Wish they would make their statues on the same level.
Yeah, they do have some nice ones. This is the only one I have so far, but I've been eyeing the Green Arrow and a couple others. Then they've got Deadshot coming up...might have a little collection of these before long.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:07:25 PM   #6
TouchE22
Mod Solo

I picked it up last year, anything Deathstroke that's halfway decent and I'll probably get it.
TouchE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:09:12 PM   #7
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

This one's commanding a pretty good price now. Thought it would...great piece. Kind of regret selling mine...if for no other reason than to take better pictures.
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:41:40 PM   #8
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Agreed! Very nice bust (although I too prefer the classic look). Thanks for sharing.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 01:23:16 PM   #9
TrueFaith

I'm really liking many of these "New 52" busts. My only complaint is that I think the base design could have been a little better thought out. Not really a fan of the "ring" types of bases.
Other than that though, the sculpts themselves are a step above what we've come to expect from DC Collectables and the paint apps are a huge improvement over some of the products we've seen before (I'm looking at YOU Blackest Night busts. )
It's strange how fast they've been rising in price with so large an edition size. While easily had for $50 on release, some of the earlier releases are already flirting with $200 on the aftermarket. I'm thinking collectors looking to complete a Justice League collection with the original releases of the "trinity" are having a more than expected difficult time of it.
I have the Green Lantern and Aquaman. I am certainly NOT the biggest Aquaman fan, but the bust is just so well done for the price I couldn't imagine any reason NOT to add it to my collection. That's one hell of a lot of bust for a measly $50.

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 09:27:23 PM   #10
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah, the bases can be a little simple. I'm willing to overlook that with the great sculpts and paint, though. Yeah, some of these are up there now...just quality pieces and people are willing to pay for it. I'm not into the character, but that Aquaman is definitely one of the cooler busts imo. Green Arrow is another one. I haven't been collecting these, but I might pick up the Grifter just to have one, if I can find it for a decent price. Great line.
Old March 13th, 2017, 06:10:53 AM   #11
TrueFaith

I really like the Grifter, unfortunately he's one of the ones in the $200 range already on eBay (!!)
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 09:58:23 PM   #12
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah...unfortunately. I'm down to pay up for a bust, but I'd have to REALLY like it or REALLY need it for a display to fork out that much.
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:07:32 PM   #13
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I'm really liking many of these "New 52" busts. My only complaint is that I think the base design could have been a little better thought out. Not really a fan of the "ring" types of bases.
Other than that though, the sculpts themselves are a step above what we've come to expect from DC Collectables and the paint apps are a huge improvement over some of the products we've seen before (I'm looking at YOU Blackest Night busts. )
It's strange how fast they've been rising in price with so large an edition size. While easily had for $50 on release, some of the earlier releases are already flirting with $200 on the aftermarket. I'm thinking collectors looking to complete a Justice League collection with the original releases of the "trinity" are having a more than expected difficult time of it.
I have the Green Lantern and Aquaman. I am certainly NOT the biggest Aquaman fan, but the bust is just so well done for the price I couldn't imagine any reason NOT to add it to my collection. That's one hell of a lot of bust for a measly $50.

that is a fantastic looking bust of Aquaman. I do have the DC Icons statue of him and that is also a great looking piece.

I have owned a number of DC busts over the years (the only one that I own now is Phantom Lady) and it seems that with the bases of the DC busts that they either nail it down completely or they totally miss the mark.

link to sale thread

http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=31664

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

Nighthawk
Wonder Man
Mockingbird
Moondragon
Mantis
and a really good Phoenix Museum Pose statue
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote