Help Support SM:

Site Support
Spider-Man
Amazon Home Page
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios
General-Marvel Collectibles
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC BOOK MOVIES & TV SHOWS

Thread Starter mmk123 Replies 8 Views 2685  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old June 12th, 2017, 08:16:05 PM   #1
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Wonder Woman

Has anyone seen this yet? I did not see a thread started about this (unless I am blind). Since it appears that this movie is a win-win on multiple levels, what did people think about it?

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

• Moondragon
  • Mantis
  • Wonder Man (in the Perez Designed costume)
  • Havok (need a new one in his classic costume because the existing one is too expensive on Ebay)
  • The Red Guardian (The Defenders member-this one is a longshot)
  • and a REALLY GOOD Phoenix Museum pose
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2017, 08:37:39 AM   #2
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Not yet. Hoping to see it in a couple weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 11:20:41 AM   #3
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

There's not much outside of Batman movies that DCEU can brag about, Wonder Woman is a quality film. I think they may need to put Patty Jenkins in charge of DCEU like Kevin Feige is with MCU. She seems to "get it".
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:18:43 PM   #4
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Saw it today. It's a good film, but I seem to be missing why it's getting the massive amount of hype it is getting from just about everywhere... Definitely the best DC film recently for sure though.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:26:36 PM   #5
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

I think it's good. The best DC movie so far (maybe).
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 07:04:59 PM   #6
BMW5
Statue Marvels Royalty

After hearing how great the movie was before seeing it, I left the theater feeling a little disappointed. It was a solid film, but not as great as the critics had me to believe.
BMW5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:31:01 AM   #7
gman
Statue Marvels Royalty

liked the flick...thought it had some good parts and a solid story. A cameo or two at the end would have been cool. Villain was a bit weak. Wonder who the antagonist would be for the sequel?

gman is the collectors' friend
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:35:23 AM   #8
wrlord
Statue Marvels Royalty

I just saw this. Given the good word of mouth, I had some hope that it would be enjoyable. It wasn't.
Obviously, I'm in the minority, but I thought it was quite bad. The dialogue and comportment (of Chris Pine especially) pulled me right out of the conceit that this was taking place 100 years ago. The few attempts at humor were woefully mishandled by the director (Gadot and Davis brought it, but the pacing and editing were crap).
The acting was all over the place - Gadot was slightly better than I had expected, and Davis, Bremner and Taghmaoui (Etta, Charlie and Sammy) were all good, but Pine and Brave Rock were pretty bad.
The identity of the ultimate bad-guy in the film was obvious from the moment they introduced him.
The CGI was absolutely atrocious. I'm noticing more an more in these films that they're completely suspending the laws of physics. Several times, it looked like they had simply taken a photo of Gadot and moved it around the screen.
Plot was strictly by the numbers, and I found the big superpowered fight at the end generic and boring. If it was any different from one of the recent Star Wars or Batman v Superman end battles, I'll eat my keyboard.
So obviously I'm not seeing what so many others are seeing in this film. But if this is a better DC film, I'm not looking forward to JLA in the least.

Dictated on my iPad. My iPad can't spell for sh!t.
wrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 10:03:32 AM   #9
TrueFaith

...but...but....it's SO empowering to little girls and creates such a strong template for women going forward and...and...
Seriously, you'd think this was an Academy Award winning documentary by Ken Burns about Marie Curie with a sword from some of the reviews. The hype on this movie is so over the top it's almost repellent. I think Gal Gadot is hot as hell, but that doesn't mean I need to be taught life lessons from the latest "Hollywood summer blockbuster". Some people really have a problem with the whole concept of perspective lately.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote