Help Support SM:

Bowen Statues
XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
Site Support
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS MARVEL DC STAR WARS COLLECTIBLES > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS: PICS of INDIVIDUAL PIECES

Thread Starter DeadGhostKnight Replies 3 Views 1791  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old April 6th, 2015, 03:06:09 AM   #1
DeadGhostKnight
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default PICS : Kotobukiya Iron Man Mark VII by DGK

So i had the Mark 4 and 6 by Koto and i thought both of them were great, especially the 6 which was actually polystone rather than PVC and actually looked great in hand compared to the pics, always wanted to take a look at the Mark 7 so here he is.

First thing i do really like is the pose and base, it really gives a sense of how powerful the unibeam is and i think anyone looking for a slightly action pose Iron Man to match up with other action pieces should take a look at this.

The light up is the weakest part which is a shame because i loved the light ups on previous IM statues. The eyes look fine but in the chest you can see just a big LED in the middle and it doesn't illuminate the whole chest piece evenly, couldn't get the pics to show that but it's not as nice as the 4 or 6.

Also they put a light sensor on his back, so you can have the lights to come on when the piece detects lights being turned on.....which is strange...i want it to light up when it goes dark not when it goes light lol. It works fine but it's odd, a motion sensor would have been better.

Overall it's a great Iron Man piece and can be found really cheap still ( i got mine for 70 delivered ) and it's nice to see Koto doing a slightly different pose than the usual museum.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:55:09 AM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah, that's an iconic pose there. I've always regretted not picking this one up. I've got the 4 as well and it is awesome. Wish Koto would do all the armors like Hot Toys is doing, I would have a killer IM movie collection then. Nice pick up.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:53:53 AM   #3
Smashdaddy
Marvel MOD

Great pics and congrats on the pick up of a great statue...!

When did Koto move over to poly from PVC...?

Check out my Marvemania collection!: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f524/sm...ion-25876.html
Smashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:21:12 PM   #4
DeadGhostKnight
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashdaddy View Post
Great pics and congrats on the pick up of a great statue...!

When did Koto move over to poly from PVC...?
They have always used both.

Everything in their ArtFX lines has always been a snap together kit in PVC, though some stuff, notably the DC stuff is PVC and under the ArtFX name but no assembly required.

They always get the paints spot on on the PVC stuff though, unlike the Fine Art/DRS/Marvel stuff they have done where the paints have been underwhelming to say the least.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote