Help Support SM:

XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay
General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
Spider-Man
Site Support

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS MARVEL DC STAR WARS COLLECTIBLES > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS: PICS of INDIVIDUAL PIECES

Thread Starter TethMau74 Replies 7 Views 5967  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 6th, 2015, 04:01:47 PM   #1
TethMau74
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Pics : Kotobuyika Daredevil Fine Art Statue

Just came in today and I am more than pleased with this purchase. Initially I was going to hold out on getting a DD statue until I saw the final XM Studios version; wasn't pleased with it so I decided to go with this one. My new favorite piece, the Man Without Fear....Daredevil!

Daredevil Fine Art Statue by Kotobukiya:

TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:08:22 PM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I've been on the fence about this one. Do you like it better than the Bowen museum Daredevil?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:30:20 PM   #3
TethMau74
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I've been on the fence about this one. Do you like it better than the Bowen museum Daredevil?
I haven't seen the Bowen version in person but I studied over many pics online of it; I wasn't 100% sold on the statue personally. I like the Bowen version but something about it was putting me off. Weird as it sounds the more I studied over the sculpt and looked at reviews the less I wanted it, but the more I looked at images and video reviews of the Kotobukiya version the more I wanted that one. Don't get me wrong, the Bowen one is good but I wanted something different. Seeing this one in person cleared any doubts I had about it; I couldn't stop smiling!
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:32:19 PM   #4
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

I have always like the non-glossy paint and action pose of this statue. Congrats on your new add!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 04:21:53 PM   #5
TethMau74
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadin2 View Post
I have always like the non-glossy paint and action pose of this statue. Congrats on your new add!
Thanks leadin2.

Just wanted to show some size comparisons of the Kotobukiya Daredevil and a few Bowen statues:

Old July 13th, 2015, 04:48:47 PM   #6
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

I think that the scale looks very good with the Bowen statues. I do wonder how it would compare to the Wolverine statue since I am assuming that the X-Force version has an extra pedestal to set it on like the Yellow and Brown museum versions do

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

• Moondragon
  • Mantis
  • Wonder Man (in the Perez Designed costume)
  • Havok (need a new one in his classic costume because the existing one is too expensive on Ebay)
  • The Red Guardian (The Defenders member-this one is a longshot)
  • and a REALLY GOOD Phoenix Museum pose
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 04:59:59 PM   #7
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Hey Teth, thanks for posting those pics. I think I'll skip picking up DD for now. He looks good with Bowen's but looks like he'll be noticeably bigger than my Modern Punisher....can't have that now. He'll always be there tempting me though. Any idea if Koto will be making a Punisher anytime soon?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 11:23:11 PM   #8
TethMau74
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think that the scale looks very good with the Bowen statues. I do wonder how it would compare to the Wolverine statue since I am assuming that the X-Force version has an extra pedestal to set it on like the Yellow and Brown museum versions do
The base on the X-Force Wolverine has a built on booster so I couldn't bring it down to size and I don't have a regular Wolverine statue. I think they would still size up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hey Teth, thanks for posting those pics. I think I'll skip picking up DD for now. He looks good with Bowen's but looks like he'll be noticeably bigger than my Modern Punisher....can't have that now. He'll always be there tempting me though. Any idea if Koto will be making a Punisher anytime soon?
You're welcome Mister H and I really hope Koto does eventually brings out a Fine Art version of Punisher; especially since he will be showing up in season 2 of the Daredevil Netflix series. Also would like to see a Koto Fine Art statue of Elektra and Bullseye.

Tags
daredevil statue, kotobukiya daredevil fine arts statue