Help Support SM:

Spider-Man
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Site Support
Bowen Statues
Conan

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC CON GALLERIES & INFO

Thread Starter Hellsbells51 Replies 56 Views 13710  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 21st, 2013, 01:20:44 PM   #21
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadin2 View Post
Arghhh....too many great stuff!! I am declaring bankrupt soon.
Love the BD Thor, GG Spider-Man bust, SS Spider-Man, Galactus, and the gladiator hulk is awesome!
Very nice pictures HB. Thanks for sharing!
Is that SS Captain America PF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponxero View Post
Awesome pics! Been waiting for a thread like this, that captain America looks great, hulk is freaking massive! Did seeing hulk in person make you want to order it?

Thanks again! Love the pics, hopefully when my boys get older i can take them too
Yes, the new Sideshow Cap is a PF (the pants are cloth material). In person it is a really awkward pose...so from some angle it looks...well....awkward. It's still pretty nice though.

Yes, seeing that Planet Hulk in person makes me want to order and I'm definitely looking to fit it in my budget. I should have it on order sometime this week. It just too epic, massive and detailed not to have!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstu17 View Post
Super pics. thanks for sharing them! I gotta have the Juggernaut!
That Juggernaut is HUGE! Erick did a great job! All the negative things mentioned about this statue were not even a factor after seeing it in person...amazing piece!

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread

Last edited by Hellsbells51; July 21st, 2013 at 01:23:23 PM..
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2013, 01:35:16 PM   #22
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I didn't think Bowen Designs would have any presence at all at this year's con, so you can imagine how surprised I am to see Strikedown Thor at the Diamond booth.
I suppose there was no info on if this was a prototype or a production piece, but I'm guessing maybe it's the prototype used for the sales pic?
Yeah, I was thinking that it was a prototype too. I'm sure all will be fine on the production piece, but those issue did have me slightly concerned. I'm sure BD will QC that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashdaddy View Post
Great pics J!

OK - so what's the story around Man-Thing carrying around a comatose Clown...?
Thanks! Sorry, I have no info on the Man-Thing statue. Wish I would have taken a better picture though! Lol! Maybe Dreamwalker can elaborate for us in the GG Q&A section?
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:50:48 PM   #23
Dr.RemyLebeau
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Hollywood Collectibles Group:

Great shots man! Thanks for sharing your trip with us and congrats on getting the opportunity to be there.

Any chance they're selling this Capcom Wolverine statue there? I noticed that the only place selling him individually is BBTS but they're sold out

Also, what scale is that Deadpool?

Again, thanks!

The collector formally known as Reme Lebeau
Check out my collection Blog:
Dr.RemyLebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:07:23 PM   #24
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.RemyLebeau View Post
Great shots man! Thanks for sharing your trip with us and congrats on getting the opportunity to be there.

Any chance they're selling this Capcom Wolverine statue there? I noticed that the only place selling him individually is BBTS but they're sold out

Also, what scale is that Deadpool?

Again, thanks!
I don't think they were selling Wolverine. They had a small booth and I think they were just there to get their name out and display their stuff.

Deadpool is 1:4 scale, pretty big statue! This is part of their MvsC3 line and is suppose to be paired up with a Capcom character named Dante.
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:25:30 PM   #25
Citizen Alpha

Love the Man-Thing statue. The Gentle Giant Marvel busts continue to be top notch and I absolutely love that Avengers print. I don't suppose you remember the name of the seller and what they were asking for it?

RIP, Kirk (aka Ace). You will be missed, brother.

A little about me: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f410/ci...pha-14179.html

My collection thread:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/ci...eum-17158.html

My custom conversions:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f224/ci...ead-21034.html
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:48:14 PM   #26
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Alpha View Post
Love the Man-Thing statue. The Gentle Giant Marvel busts continue to be top notch and I absolutely love that Avengers print. I don't suppose you remember the name of the seller and what they were asking for it?
Sorry, I don't know the name of the seller. It was posed opposite this Justice League print:

So maybe you can find it thru searching Avengers vs Justice League Alex Ross or something.
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:23:24 PM   #27
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Alpha View Post
Here's a little sticker shock for ya, CA....

KULT Studio | Art | Invincible by Alex Ross
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:20:22 PM   #28
thanos13
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

holy hell... $1250 for the print...!!!!!!
thanos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:27:11 PM   #29
Dr.RemyLebeau
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I don't think they were selling Wolverine. They had a small booth and I think they were just there to get their name out and display their stuff.

Deadpool is 1:4 scale, pretty big statue! This is part of their MvsC3 line and is suppose to be paired up with a Capcom character named Dante.
Thanks!

Deadpool looks good. I might like it more than Sideshow's PF... might.

BTW, I found an online retailer that still carries the Wolverine statue on its own. Secretcompascollectibles.com. I put one on order for myself.

Last edited by Dr.RemyLebeau; July 21st, 2013 at 08:45:59 PM..
Dr.RemyLebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 09:09:50 PM   #30
xthumper32x
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Wow those Kotobukiya Avengers statues look great! I'd love to get those and the Campbell spidey statues are must haves for me.
xthumper32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:51:41 AM   #31
REL
Statue Marvels Royalty

I want to see more about the SS Captain America statue. I think there is also another Red Skull PF.

Hopefully there will be a regular unsigned edition of the Alex Ross Avengers print in a more common size. Not only is the signed version very expensive, it is a non-standard size so you would most likely have to have it custom framed.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:53:36 AM   #32
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post
I want to see more about the SS Captain America statue. I think there is also another Red Skull PF.

Hopefully there will be a regular unsigned edition of the Alex Ross Avengers print in a more common size. Not only is the signed version very expensive, it is a non-standard size so you would most likely have to have it custom framed.
Ross' giclees are always uber-expensive. Usually when a new print like this shows up at SDCC it's only available as a limited signed print or giclee for the first few months and then the unsigned ones and posters start appearing. Even the unsigned prints go pretty fast though, so you have to keep checking for availability and jump on them when you see them.
Ross is so unbelievably popular. Seriously collecting his stuff has got to be one of the most expensive and frustrating afflictions in all of comic collecting.
Luckily that's one bug that never bit me too hard and I can usually wait for the poster to show up.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:39:37 PM   #33
ren
Statue Marvels Royalty

Great shots mate.

How was the SS Iron man next to LSF Wolverine and Galactus, looked amazing ?

We could be heroes just for one day !
ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:05:24 PM   #34
AdamWarlock87
Krazy Kitty Krew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashdaddy View Post
Great pics J!

OK - so what's the story around Man-Thing carrying around a comatose Clown...?
I was wondering the same thing. When I saw te pic I was like " what the hell is that all about".

Great pics though Hell's.
AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:52:54 PM   #35
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post

Yes there was a Red Skull PF, but sorry I didn't take pics of it. Originally I was just taking pics for myself so I only took pics of the ones I was interested in...then I thought about posting these on the forum so I started taking pics of more things. I didn't really like the Red Skull PF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren View Post
Great shots mate.

How was the SS Iron man next to LSF Wolverine and Galactus, looked amazing ?
Thanks. The SS Iron Man was nice, but it looked similar to the 1:2 IM from a few years back so I didnt take shots of it.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:23:15 PM   #36
Citizen Alpha

Quote:
Here's a little sticker shock for ya, CA....

KULT Studio | Art | Invincible by Alex Ross
Thanks, Wayne. It is high, but you gotta pay for the good stuff. Unfortunately, this would fall under the "divorce likely" category. Mrs. Alpha just doesn't appreciate great art like I do :-)
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:09:26 PM   #37
Overkill93
Statue Marvels Royalty

That DP looks awesome. Stand alone. Who doesn't want more DP?? Thanks for the pics J. I am drooling all over that Galactus and Hulk!!
Overkill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:52:36 PM   #38
REL
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Ross' giclees are always uber-expensive. Usually when a new print like this shows up at SDCC it's only available as a limited signed print or giclee for the first few months and then the unsigned ones and posters start appearing. Even the unsigned prints go pretty fast though, so you have to keep checking for availability and jump on them when you see them.
Ross is so unbelievably popular. Seriously collecting his stuff has got to be one of the most expensive and frustrating afflictions in all of comic collecting.
Luckily that's one bug that never bit me too hard and I can usually wait for the poster to show up.
Fortunately I've gotten the most important print from him that I have wanted. The Captain America thru the years print. I would love a signed copy but I haven't even seen one for sale, ever. I've seen the painting for sale but they are in the thousands. I do have several other Ross prints signed by him I like. I'll be posting pictures of a new one in the near future.

I will pick this one up if there is a smaller size that doesn't kill the wallet. $100 or less.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:10:53 PM   #39
Warpath
Statue Marvels Royalty

Hellsbells, thanks for the pics! That Gladiator was one of my first statues. It is a great piece, and quite hefty. It is neat to see those signed prototypes.

My concerns about the difficulty of displaying that Thor is the only reason I haven't bought it already. Do you have a rough idea of how long this statue is -- from the front of the strike-down to the end of his cape?
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:41:03 PM   #40
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

keep those photos coming, seems like you're the only one that's posting so far.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic con, san diego, sdcc