Help Support SM:

Bowen Statues
General-Marvel Collectibles
Site Support
Spider-Man
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS MARVEL COMICS STATUE & MINI BUSTS: DISCUSSION FORUM

View Poll Results: Do you miss Bowen Designs?
Yes! 208 81.25%
Kinda... 33 12.89%
Honestly, not really. 14 5.47%
Who? 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Starter HoldyourfireAl Replies 935 Views 114835  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old August 13th, 2014, 02:28:28 PM   #21
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
Very misleading title.

That said I am waiting for Bowen to come back strong.
Not sure what's misleading about it. Sorry I even posted it. I'll go be happy by myself.

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2014, 03:54:20 PM   #22
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post

If I were a Bowen Designs fan (and I am), I'd be a happy camper right now.
No need for specifics, but do you actually know something about the Bowen/Marvel situation that the rest of us don't?

I know that Bowen will return, no doubt about that, but will it return with Marvel?? That's what I'm more concerned about.

Why wait until tomorrow when you can buy it today!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:02:40 PM   #23
gomur
Statue Marvels Royalty

"Bowen Designs Will Return!"

Given the drawn-out negotiations and overall anxiety on the board, this sounded like a title someone would write upon hearing Phase 6 was underway. For many of us whose faith is reaching its breaking point, it's very easy to be misled by this. And I realize that wasn't the intent of this thread, rather to restore faith amongst the masses, but it was like being splashed by cold water for me as I got my hopes all the way up.

Having had a chance to temper my emotions, I can absolutely say that "Bowen Designs Will Return". Not a doubt in my mind. But will the Marvel license come along?

Edit : And I just realized that Marvelito is way ahead of me on that. Great (worried) minds think alike.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:35:16 PM   #24
khufutaron
Statue Marvels Royalty

I briefly thought it might be a Phase 6 announcement thread, but that type of news usually leaks from all types of sources - twitter, facebook, other forums, etc... So, I kind of figured it was a reset - so no fooling me Al!!! jk....

Sadly, I voted "kinda"... each day that goes by without any product just pushes my wandering eyes towards other companies and their offerings. The one thing I loved most in this world has to a certain extent become "contaminated" with infighting, flipping, gouging, hoarding, etc... It just feels all wrong - the last 6 months or so just feel "blah". That's the sad reality for me. I'm just not excited by something I was tremendously passionate about prior to this time period.

The positive is I still really enjoy this community, and I've learned to expand my "Bowen statue collecting" to "statue collecting" without discrimination between companies. A cool statue is a cool statue. I used to turn my nose up at SSC collectors and statues, but now that I own one, I can see the appeal. So, as everything evolves, my collecting habits have evolved. I'm excited by what XM is doing. I can't wait to see that SSC Darth Vader PF. I'm intrigued by SSC Court of the Dead. And so on....

So, in a sense, I guess my grieving period is over and I'm moving on. I'm not giving up on Bowen, but I'm not going all-in on them anymore either. I guess that's why I voted "kinda" instead of "Yes!". Whatever the future holds, I will still be a collector of all things awesome and great in this hobby regardless of the company.

Bowen Collection -- SSC & XM Collection -- Fine Art Collection Part 1 & Part 2
Star Wars X-Mas -- JEEP Trails -- Coming Soon
khufutaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:50:18 PM   #25
TouchE22
Mod Solo

I just got off the phone with Randy and he wanted to give you guys a message:

TouchE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 05:31:04 PM   #26
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchE22 View Post
I just got off the phone with Randy and he wanted to give you guys a message:

That sums it up well. As for all your specific questions, as I've said, just be patient. That's all I have to say.
Old August 13th, 2014, 05:51:49 PM   #27
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
Not sure what's misleading about it. Sorry I even posted it. I'll go be happy by myself.
Hope you don't mind if I join you in being happy too Al.
I'm a Randy Bowen fan more than I am a Marvel fan these days.
Nobody's gonna tell me that an artist and creative powerhouse like RB is done, retired or "out of business". No sir.
He's too young, too talented and to creative to let any hiatus effect him, no matter how long it may last.
What do you folks imagine he's been doing all this time? Binge watching Netflix or something?
You don't just switch off a mind as creative as he has while negotiating a new contract.
When he and Bowen Designs return they will both be ON FIRE!
Can't wait to have my mind boggled all over again!

And for the record, I knew instantly that this was no "big announcement" thread about a new contract, because when that does happen it will be posted here by Randy Bowen himself, just like all the past announcements about a new phase have been!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 05:58:17 PM   #28
Marvelito
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I just realized that Marvelito is way ahead of me on that. Great (worried) minds think alike.
Indeed we do!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 06:37:54 PM   #29
Force of Nature
Statue Marvels Royalty

I must admit that when I read the thread title I was expecting that Al would have news about the negotations between BD and Marvel being (almost) finished but that being said I do like the fact that Al is trying to cheer us up and inspiring us to keep faith.
I sincerely hope and expect that BD and Marvel will come top an agreement sooner or later and am looking forward to the statues and busts which will be released in Phase 6 (I already dream of a MB or FS of Black Tom cassidy and Cyttorak to complete my Juggernaut display! )

Let's keep hope alive guys since these negotiations cannot and will not last forever.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Last edited by Force of Nature; August 14th, 2014 at 06:43:09 PM..
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:17:17 PM   #30
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'll take your word for it. Now the question is when...and will it be with Marvel....
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:09:04 PM   #31
hockeyflow33
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

The only positive is it let me catch up on a lot of old statues…so many that I have no more room for more haha.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 03:27:00 AM   #32
Andy

Dangit. I thought this was the announcement.

Also, if I never see another poll, it will be too soon.....

Action Figure Blues - AF & Statue Reviews
http://www.actionfigureblues.com/
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 02:47:54 PM   #33
vegeta84
Statue Marvels Royalty

I don't think Bowen Designs coming back was ever an issue in my mind.

My issue was if they will still be working with Marvel, and that's where my doubt still lies.

Either way, I hope that Bowen Designs will continue to make Marvel statues.
vegeta84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 03:01:19 PM   #34
vegeta84
Statue Marvels Royalty

Also, my guess at this point?

The deal with Marvel fell through, and Randy will be doing DC statues. While I'll be pretty upset that I'll never get a Bowen FS Blob, Rocket Raccoon etc I'd still be pretty happy getting a FS Two-Face, Joker, and other Batman characters.

Still, that's just my guess as Al didn't mention anything about Marvel, but Bowen Designs. Either way, I'm REALLY hoping for at least one more Phase with Marvel.
vegeta84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 04:52:11 PM   #35
gomur
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta84 View Post

The deal with Marvel fell through, and Randy will be doing DC statues. While I'll be pretty upset that I'll never get a Bowen FS Blob, Rocket Raccoon etc I'd still be pretty happy getting a FS Two-Face, Joker, and other Batman characters.

Still, that's just my guess as Al didn't mention anything about Marvel, but Bowen Designs. Either way, I'm REALLY hoping for at least one more Phase with Marvel.
I'm really hoping for Phase 6 as well. Would love to add Domino and Spiral (amongst others) to my collection, and really there isn't another producer who will delve that deep into Marvel's cast of characters. However, with sales picking up at the Vault, I'm worried that no deal is forthcoming. And at this point I wonder if Bowen has an ethical obligation to disclose if and when negotiations fall through. Otherwise, he's leading us on with his silence. It's not fair to his long-time consumers or the new ones who are bolstering their collections with the hopes of it continuing.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 05:47:40 PM   #36
The Mortal Iron Fist

I thought there was an announcement! Oh well, I'm still patiently waiting official word from the man.
The Mortal Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 05:57:40 PM   #37
jacksowl

My only question is why hasn't Randy chimed in on this to set our minds at ease. He must have some tidbit of information he can share. His last message was from what February and we have had nothing since. Not a Good Sign but I will hold out hope as I love my Bowen statues.
jacksowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:56:39 PM   #38
Achiever
Statue Marvels Royalty

I wish there was more substance and less speculation on this subject.
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:15:39 PM   #39
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
And at this point I wonder if Bowen has an ethical obligation to disclose if and when negotiations fall through. Otherwise, he's leading us on with his silence. It's not fair to his long-time consumers or the new ones who are bolstering their collections with the hopes of it continuing.
I hope nobody takes this as another attempt to "defend" Randy or anything, because it's my opinion alone.
That said, given the person I've come to know Randy Bowen to be through years of being a customer and fan of his art and business, I'd have to say that your fears are completely groundless. Not only does Randy not gain anything from withholding bad news if there is any, but I don't personally believe that he's the kind of person who would intentionally leave us in the dark about something we care so passionately about. Good news or bad, he's always been up front with us and a person more than worthy of our trust. I fully expect him to post whatever announcement he has for us when negotiations are finally concluded, just as he has already promised to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksowl View Post
My only question is why hasn't Randy chimed in on this to set our minds at ease. He must have some tidbit of information he can share. His last message was from what February and we have had nothing since. Not a Good Sign but I will hold out hope as I love my Bowen statues.
My guess is that he simply has no information to impart to us while the negotiations are still in progress. Anything he says at this point might be easily misconstrued positively or negatively and he is wary of feeding the rumor mill by speculating either way. While "negotiations are continuing" may be less than we'd like to hear right now, it's the situation as he sees it and it's preferable to generating false hopes among his fans prematurely. Abstaining from posting here during the negotiations assures that something he may say offhand is not misunderstood by anyone and I think it's a wise decision in the long run. As he's said before, when there is news he will be the first to post it here on SM. Until then our only option is to continue to be patient, knowing that he is actively involved in trying to secure the result we all hope for.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:37:55 PM   #40
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta84 View Post

So am I.

Tags
bowen designs, marvel mini busts, marvel statues, randy bowen