DC Comics Harley Quinn DC Comics Maquette
Spider-Man
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Site Support
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
Sideshow Iron Man Mark III Maquette

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC BOOK MOVIES & TV SHOWS

Thread Starter Tarasadies Replies 9 Views 537  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old October 11th, 2017, 11:52:02 AM   #1
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Is anybody watching The Inhumans or The Gifted? No spoilers...

Boy did I get these two series wrong. Being a fan of Agents of SHIELD I expected ABC to get the Inhumans right and it would be enjoyable.

It is gawdawful. I can't believe how bad it is. So disappointed...

On the flip side, I didn't have high expectations for The Gifted on Fox, but I really liked the first two episodes. A lot. Hoping it continues to do well....

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:29:54 PM   #2
TrueFaith

I liked the first 2-hour Inhumans installment, but it was obviously the IMAX presentation that was in theatres a while back and I really wonder if they'll keep up that level of production quality for TV. Of course I forgot to catch the second episode last Friday, so I hope I can view it on ABC's website or somewhere else this week before the next episode hits.
As far as The Gifted, I tried watching it, but I just couldn't get through the first half-hour. It's so obviously targeted at a young audience and just reminded me too much of all the "young adult" fare that's out there in the past few years like "Hunger Games" and "Maze Runner". All teen-aged angst, but very light on good writing or a compelling plot. The whole "hunted" thing is just done to death. It seemed like they had some decent character concepts and powers. I'm sure it will appeal to X-Men fans who are well familiar with the comics much more than non-fans watching it cold, but unfortunately to me it felt like I'd seen this same thing a million times already.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:36:52 PM   #3
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

I watched the first episode of The Gifted, and I have a mix of your opinions. It was well done and had a good mix of "powers" but also family/character drama. However, I too am over the whole idea of it, and I'm also averse to "young adult" shows. Someone suggested I try "Into the Badlands" and conceptually it is interesting, but it has this "feel" about it that I can't stand.

I do like where they are taking Polaris, didn't care for the enhanced powers of Thunderbird/Warpath. Not clear on what the son's power is but I hope it isn't just straight telekinetic, because that's way over done.

It's unfortunate Inhumans is so terrible, was really hoping that would be worth watching, but there's so much bad press it doesn't seem like it can dig itself out from it.

I've been having an issue with my DVR so missed quite a few premieres this last month.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:26:29 PM   #4
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm getting bored with current super hero shows period. Movie or TV. When I look back, there are only a few movies and no shows that I can watch. Hopefully the Mega-City One show will happen and it won't have a bunch of stupid teenagers in it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:45:05 PM   #5
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Here is a big issue I have with the Inhumans... it seems like everybody is a dick. I want to like the characters of the shows I am watching. I don't want to watch whiny spoiled characters. And the casting for Maximus was poor, that guy has no presence whatsoever....
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:46:14 PM   #6
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
I watched the first episode of The Gifted, and I have a mix of your opinions. It was well done and had a good mix of "powers" but also family/character drama. However, I too am over the whole idea of it, and I'm also averse to "young adult" shows. Someone suggested I try "Into the Badlands" and conceptually it is interesting, but it has this "feel" about it that I can't stand.
Haven't watched if for that reason... Into the Badlands was alright...good concept, but lacked something. That and the kid annoyed the **** out of me.

Saw the first couple of episodes of Inhumans...didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people, but not sure I'll keep up with it.

Maybe it'll pick up like Agents of Shield...last couple of seasons have been great, especially last season.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:02:27 PM   #7
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck It View Post
Into the Badlands was alright...good concept, but lacked something. That and the kid annoyed the **** out of me.
Haha! I said the same thing after the first episode.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:27:36 PM   #8
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck It View Post
Haven't watched if for that reason... Into the Badlands was alright...good concept, but lacked something. That and the kid annoyed the **** out of me.

Saw the first couple of episodes of Inhumans...didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people, but not sure I'll keep up with it.

Maybe it'll pick up like Agents of Shield...last couple of seasons have been great, especially last season.
Ditto on all of this. ^^

Inhumans is not as bad as all the critics are yelling in mu opinion but I think it is already cancelled so not that it matters. I have gifted recorded just have not had a chance to watch any yet.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:41:08 PM   #9
TrueFaith

IMO the writers made a huge mistake in "humanizing" Black Bolt so much and turning him into just another vanilla character in an already bland cast. Instead of "signing" all the time to communicate (which is pretty annoying in itself), he should have been portrayed as a looming, imperious "presence" that inspires awe (and a palpable wariness) in the other Inhumans any time he's among them. Instead he acts completely confused and annoyed when he comes to earth, steals clothes off the rack at a men's store and flips police cars with his voice in the very first episode. There's ZERO mystery to him, little respect or foreboding of the immense power he's capable of by the other Inhumans (other than Maximus, who openly mocks his powers when confronted with the idea of Black Bolt killing him) and he generally acts like a love sick teenager any time Medusa is in the slightest danger.
With all of these other characters "emoting" all over the place, the overly-stoic Black Bolt from the comics could have been a great foil for all of the raging hormones on display from the others. They really should have gone the "less is more" and "the less 'said' the better" route with him and made viewers actually wonder why a character who obviously stands apart, does little and says even less was ever made their "king". Instead of maintaining the impenetrable aura of mystery that he's known for in the comics, they made him "just another boring Inhuman" by the end of the very first episode.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 05:26:23 PM   #10
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

^That's a good point...they definitely could've done a better job with the character. I think they tried to put him out there for those that don't know who Black Bolt is, but lost some of what makes him interesting in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Haha! I said the same thing after the first episode.
lol Really, though...I might actually be watching it if it wasn't for the kid.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote