Help Support SM:

Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
Spider-Man
Site Support
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS MARVEL COMICS STATUE & MINI BUSTS: DISCUSSION FORUM

Thread Starter hoofs Replies 16 Views 1300  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old May 17th, 2018, 12:03:07 PM   #1
hoofs
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Default New statues

Anybody buying theses Bowen size sculpts from Mike Gomez?
hoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:50:40 PM   #2
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

I have not yet. I have a couple pre ordered from Icebreakers Design. I also bought the Ben Reilly Spiderman from Statue Madness.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 05:28:32 PM   #3
cosmiclifeforce

Bought a few Bowen's since they closed and sold a few. Even with funds. Hopefully waiting for Bowen to come back. icebreaker designs have some wants, but don't know if they will be there next year. Do they have a Marvel contract? If not -- I'm not putting money down; plus I'm in the USA and they are in Canada. What do you think?
cosmiclifeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 07:36:34 PM   #4
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

I've got a couple on PO from Ice Breakers myself. No contract...customs, but I can't help but wonder how long that'll last. Might be part of the reason he's pumping them out so fast. I just hope they're around long enough for me to get my POs. As far as putting money down...he's said full refund if an item isn't delivered...take that for what you want, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy...not that big of a deposit anyway. ^If you're talking about shipping to the U.S., he's put up a chart on FB giving estimates.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:19:16 PM   #5
cosmiclifeforce

I don't think they will be around and I know the deposit is not much ($25.00 for 1/6 scale) but as someone that has a small business -- try collecting from someone in Indiana when I'm in NC; it's a pain in the _ss. And we are talking USA -- Canada..........There are some of their statues -- firelord -- that I wouldn't mind trying to get. Firelord in 3rd quarter of next year 2019. Probable not in business. But good luck with your purchases. I don't wish bad on anyone.
cosmiclifeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:13:40 PM   #6
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Am I hearing this right? Icebreaker Designs May not be in business next year?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:45:49 PM   #7
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiclifeforce View Post
I don't think they will be around and I know the deposit is not much ($25.00 for 1/6 scale) but as someone that has a small business -- try collecting from someone in Indiana when I'm in NC; it's a pain in the _ss. And we are talking USA -- Canada..........There are some of their statues -- firelord -- that I wouldn't mind trying to get. Firelord in 3rd quarter of next year 2019. Probable not in business. But good luck with your purchases. I don't wish bad on anyone.
Yeah, it's a bit of a risk...but I'm willing to take it right now. Thanks, my latest out is January...so, hopefully they'll be good until then and later.

^Mister H...just conjecture given the magnitude of the lineup so far and the lack of a license. I would imagine that disney and others would come knocking at some point...of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they'd get shut down.
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:52:28 PM   #8
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Good, I’ve pre ordered the “Flying Rat Dude”.
Old June 5th, 2018, 04:35:40 PM   #9
TouchE22
Mod Solo

I pre ordered the IceBreakers Psylocke and Warbird.
TouchE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2018, 11:45:40 PM   #10
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchE22 View Post
Touch! Long time - no read.
Did you order 1/6 or 1/4 scale?
Old June 6th, 2018, 12:01:29 PM   #11
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchE22 View Post
Psylocke should be ready to ship. Would love to see some in hand pics when you get it.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 01:28:25 PM   #12
iskupaldi
Statue Marvels Royalty

I purchased Ronan, Jubilee, Quasar, & Onslaught from them. They are very well done. He even replaced the Ronan that was damaged from delivery. He also gives out discounts and are easy to communicate with. The Starlord from Statue Madness is awesome. No Box but the connecting parts are magnetic like Bowens. Shipping cost are not bad for Icebreakers coz they use DHL. Statue Madness is quite a wait.
iskupaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:44:33 AM   #13
TouchE22
Mod Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Touch! Long time - no read.
Did you order 1/6 or 1/4 scale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Psylocke should be ready to ship. Would love to see some in hand pics when you get it.
1/6 only. It’s what my collection and wallet will allow. Lol. Yeah, though I pop on from time to time I’m mainly on the FB groups. Not buying much though. I think the Psylocke will ship from IceBreakers in July. It’s the overseas guys that could get them directly from China.
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:46:14 AM   #14
TouchE22
Mod Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskupaldi View Post
I purchased Ronan, Jubilee, Quasar, & Onslaught from them. They are very well done. He even replaced the Ronan that was damaged from delivery. He also gives out discounts and are easy to communicate with. The Starlord from Statue Madness is awesome. No Box but the connecting parts are magnetic like Bowens. Shipping cost are not bad for Icebreakers coz they use DHL. Statue Madness is quite a wait.
I’m right near you in PA, what’s the ballpark shipping charges for 1/6 statues?
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:38:09 PM   #15
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Not sure that would be a good idea now with the email Sideshow sent out. Sounds like they could cut ties with any site supporting the promotion of customs. At least custom companies like we've been talking about. I'm assuming that would mean no more banners or kickbacks from banner clicks/sales. I guess folks are starting to take notice.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:25:57 PM   #16
hoofs

Now Gomez is asking if there are any Bowen statues that people want re done because they were not made good enough or to pricey to buy on the aftermarket.Randy I hope that if you are out there you see this and kick this guy to the curb.Until then make mine BOWEN,nuff said
hoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:21:33 PM   #17
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofs View Post
Now Gomez is asking if there are any Bowen statues that people want re done because they were not made good enough or to pricey to buy on the aftermarket.Randy I hope that if you are out there you see this and kick this guy to the curb.Until then make mine BOWEN,nuff said
Kind of a ballzy thing to announce. ‘I’ll do what Randy does, better than Randy’.