Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Site Support
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > OTHER STATUE FORUM > McFARLANE TOYS & SPAWN STATUES

Thread Starter Hellsbells51 Replies 12 Views 5030  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:29:04 AM   #1
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default The Walking Dead: Michonne Resin statue

A woman transformed by pain and loss is thrust into the role of a badass zombie warrior, as she battles endless hordes of flesh-eaters in an unforgiving post-apocalyptic world. Michonne from The Walking Dead

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:32:37 AM   #2
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Anyone pick this up!? I'm late in posting this, but it's already sold out!? Man...Walking Dead is really that BIG!? Never watched the show or read the comics, but it's the hot thing now-a-days I guess...!?

Here's a vid of Todd speaking on the statue:

The statue is pretty big.
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:08:14 AM   #3
BBRX807
Statue Marvels Royalty

Nooooo, did I miss this?!
BBRX807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:19:20 PM   #4
Ehren
Statue Marvels Hatchling

I don't normally brag about stuff I work on at McFarlane but I can't help being proud of this. I did a ton of work on this thing and it went through many stages of revisions. Not a project for the faint of heart. haha Sculptors involved - Pru Brigg, David Assel, Casey Eskridge and myself. My supervisor Andy Frank sculpted Michonne's portrait. Matt Keown did the paint. We appreciate everyone's support and positive feedback on this.
Ehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:34:24 PM   #5
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehren View Post
I don't normally brag about stuff I work on at McFarlane but I can't help being proud of this. I did a ton of work on this thing and it went through many stages of revisions. Not a project for the faint of heart. haha Sculptors involved - Pru Brigg, David Assel, Casey Eskridge and myself. My supervisor Andy Frank sculpted Michonne's portrait. Matt Keown did the paint. We appreciate everyone's support and positive feedback on this.
Nice! I appreciate the bit of info! I always wondered who the sculptors were on these statues because they never seem to get credited. Great work!

Have you done any other statues for McFarlane Toys? Feel free to create threads and keep us informed here on McFarlane Toys products...as you can see, I was late on getting the information out for this statue and some people may have missed their opportunity.
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:43:25 PM   #6
Eru
Statue Marvels Royalty

ahhh man

New blood joins this earth
Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:52:21 PM   #7
Ehren
Statue Marvels Hatchling

yeah i hear ya. no sweat. Sculptors at McFarlane never get credit for their work. It's Todd's brand. That's fine. I'm grateful to have a job there. It's tough time for sculptors right now. But I've been at McFarlane for a total of 7 years now. (had a 3 year hiatus when they imploded and laid everyone off.) I've been involved in a ton of projects but the one I'm most proud of handling was these two bad boys...

this was insane (guys in the model shop did the hard edge work but I did the figurative and drapery work)

and of course being a McFarlane sculptor, you have to be involved with the sports figures. Being a Philly native I actually enjoyed sculpted Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke (I think Tim Miller did the portrait on Clarke)

I also sculpted one of the several Peyton Mannings we have done...

Been involved in hundreds and hundreds of projects and worked with some insanely talented people. It's been frustrating at times and there is always insanity inherent when working in full time art studio, but hey... it's a living haha!
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:10:33 PM   #8
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Wow! You are deeply involved in the sculpting there! Glad to have you aboard!

When I saw that Nightmare Spawn figure...it became an instant favorite of mine! Love how evil that sucker looks!

Then the 20th Anniversary Spawn statue! Wow! Everytime I walk past that statue I just stare at it's detail!
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:05:34 AM   #9
Ehren
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Glad you like those. It's nice to hear people still dig our stuff. No doubt we have gone through some difficult times, but please keep an eye on us... we are cooking up some cool stuff.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:38:25 PM   #10
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

Is it Todd's decision not to give credit to the sculpters? It is his company and what he says goes I can understand that but that Spawn 25th anniversary statue is awesome I even messaged Todd and asked who it was.

Anyways The toys and now statues that are coming out of McFarlane (spawn) are just amazing, you guys changed the way toys are made.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:41:57 PM   #11
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

More Spawn figures please! the spawn figures in general look amazing!!

Whether you like the comic, character or you don't you have to admit that they make and look great as toys, figures, statues. I think the spawn costume is one of the best visual costumes in comics and they work so well as toys with the chains and cape.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:11:15 AM   #12
Ehren
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Todd is very protective of his brand and his name. I doubt he knows who sculpted the 20th anniversary statue. Todd works in the corporate office in Az and the artists such as myself are in the NJ office. So He doesn't have the opportunity to get to know us.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:51:37 PM   #13
RockDiesel
Statue Marvels Hatchling

So I got notice today that this statue has shipped.

Anyone who pre-ordered also get notice today that it was shipped?

I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until Q3.
RockDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mcfarlane, michonne, the walking dead, zombies