Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
Site Support
Spider-Man
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC BOOK MOVIES & TV SHOWS

Thread Starter leadin2 Replies 11 Views 1346  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old November 17th, 2017, 03:47:08 PM   #1
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Justice League Movie

Turned out as expected, wish it could be better. But still, it is a must watch for me.

My thoughts.
- Dislike the costumes (except wonder woman). They looked stiff which at times inhibit the actors' movements.
- More light than dark this time.
- Very obvious CGI.
- Feels rushed, hence some dialogues seem unnatural.
- I like watching Wonder Woman and Flash in this movie.

There are 2 post credit scenes, in case you are interested.
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2017, 06:45:04 PM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thatís about what Iíve heard from several folks already. Seeing it tomorrow, will add my two cents after.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:17:19 PM   #3
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Better than I thought. Was good but that was about it.

Hated Flash's costume but liked the character in the movie more than I thought I would.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 03:57:39 AM   #4
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Ok, so, I liked it. Had some problems, yeah, but like a lot of reviews Iíve read, the actors saved it. Bad cgi. Disposable villain. Costumes need definite work. On the good side, acting was pretty good, Superman was what Superman should be, Flash didnít suck (although his costume did) right amount of humor. Iíll watch it again probably. Mid and post credit scenes were worth the wait.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:46:13 AM   #5
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

I wonder how well the movie has done for the opening weekend in general and compared to other super hero movies.

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

• Moondragon
  • Mantis
  • Wonder Man (in the Perez Designed costume)
  • Havok (need a new one in his classic costume because the existing one is too expensive on Ebay)
  • The Red Guardian (The Defenders member-this one is a longshot)
  • and a REALLY GOOD Phoenix Museum pose
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:19:44 AM   #6
ONEYE
Statue Marvels Royalty

Boring, predictable, dull, but then, it is DC.

ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:09:19 AM   #7
wrlord
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I wonder how well the movie has done for the opening weekend in general and compared to other super hero movies.
Worst DCEU Opening Ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ver/ar-BBFdGgW

Dictated on my iPad. My iPad can't spell for sh!t.
wrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:45:07 AM   #8
Darkcross
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Movie was not nearly as bad as the reviews have you believe. I walked out entertained. The costumes except Wonder Woman need work, Cyborg was bad CG, Batman looked like he could barely move, Steppenwolf was there to be punched. With a 2hr runtime setting up 3 new characters and a villain will all the comic history involved I think they did a good job. I am just glad we get to see a live action Justice League movie instead of nothing.
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:00:57 PM   #9
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I went Friday evening at 6:30 pm. There were about 20 people in the movie. I was kinda surprised it was this empty. I guess all the bad press did not help.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:15:32 PM   #10
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
Movie was not nearly as bad as the reviews have you believe. I walked out entertained. The costumes except Wonder Woman need work, Cyborg was bad CG, Batman looked like he could barely move, Steppenwolf was there to be punched. With a 2hr runtime setting up 3 new characters and a villain will all the comic history involved I think they did a good job. I am just glad we get to see a live action Justice League movie instead of nothing.
Yup, Iím just Glad to see a live action justice league movie, after such a long wait for superman (since Christopher Reeve). I donít think itís the script, maybe if they just swap the director to JJ Abrams, it might be better. I really enjoyed his Star Trek series though Iím not a fan.
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 05:37:12 PM   #11
wrlord
Statue Marvels Royalty

^Hated what Abrams did to Trek.

Finally saw the JLA movie last night (sorry, JL -- God forbid anything be American anymore, as Superman implicitly reiterated in this movie).

I liked this movie. I liked seeing a GL. I liked Superman in vivid blue, and Wonder Woman's color scheme having, you know, color. Three movies in, Gal Gadot has started to grow on me. I still think it's absurd to have not cast the still-radiant Lynda Carter as Hyppolita.

The plot was way too Avengery, what with the cosmic cubes and cosmic demi-Gods and all, but it was actually less convoluted than what Marvel has done -- I swear, you need a scorecard to keep up over at Marvel.

I like Batman as old and hurting. Mainly because I'm an old and hurting athlete who is just about at the point where he can't take the beating anymore. On a related note, I liked Afflek's Daredevil, too, from the moment he had to pop opioids.

I liked that Superman was really that freakin powerful. All the other heroes are doing physically impossible things, and then he shows up and ups it exponentially. That IS Superman. Cavill is not especially charismatic and is a poor actor, but man does he look good in the suit. Speaking of which, maybe they'll get the suit right next time. One can hope. Which flows like a river, or something.

I liked that Elfman did the score, and incorporated his own 1989 theme and Williams's Superman. I still think his music is woefully unsophisticated, but at least it is music, unlike the garbage Zimmer puts out.

Still don't care for Alfred as a former commando or whatever. Why can't he just be a butler?

Absolutely hated what they did to the Flash and Aquaman (though the shout-out to the real Aquaman during the cosmic cube flashback was nice). Barry Allen is not some autistic teenage Asian-looking Jewish boy (aw shut up, I'm Jewish; I get to say it). And why they decided to have an Aquaman who looks more like Namor and sounds more like Keanu Reeves I can't begin to guess.

Nice seeing Mera, though.

And I'll keep saying it til they get it right: Cyborg is a Teen Titan. NOT in the JLA.

There were a lot of little things I liked (yeah, they were fan service, but I'm ok with that). I could go through the movie again and take notes, but... who has the time?

Last edited by wrlord; February 16th, 2018 at 05:39:45 PM..
wrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 10:20:30 PM   #12
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Well I finally made it to the theaters to see the movie (yes, still playing hereÖ but not after tomorrow).
I liked the movie quite a bit, especially the addition of some much needed humor that DC movies seem to struggle with. I liked Cyborg more than I expected to, but Good Lord I absolutely hate what they did to the Flash. I mean HATE. The costume, the personalityÖ everything.
But I did love Superman being a badass. That is my Superman, before Byrne took the ďSuperĒ out of Superman.
I will actually watch it again, without all the movie theater distractions. How do people not get the whole quit yer talkiní during the movie thing?

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote