Help Support SM:

Spider-Man
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
Site Support
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE WATER COOLER > MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/RADIO (NON COMIC RELATED)

Thread Starter Dr.RemyLebeau Replies 1621 Views 80930  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old November 1st, 2016, 03:08:47 PM   #1561
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashdaddy View Post
SHUT UP...!!! You guys got to see it already...! That's awesome...!

I'm looking forward to it....!
lol You will love it!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2016, 05:35:24 PM   #1562
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Still Alice. Wow. Genuinely touching film, hard-hitting and impressive. Definitely worth a watch, but not exactly a feel good film! 9/10.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 06:44:08 PM   #1563
97thAcolyte

Passengers. 9/10 Really entertaining. Wasn't expecting much from this, honestly, but Chris Pratt really shines in the first half, and Jennifer Lawrence compliments his character well. Micheal Sheen is great too, its gotta be said. They did something with the story that isn't touched on in the trailers, it makes for a really good experience. Go see it!
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:54:05 PM   #1564
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashdaddy View Post
SHUT UP...!!! You guys got to see it already...! That's awesome...!

I'm looking forward to it....!
Did you end up watching it? You must have seen it by now.

I also saw
Passengers - 7.5/10 I liked this movie

Star Trek Beyond 9/10 This is the best one of the new movies, my other favorite is first contact

Star Wars Rogue One 9/10 - I think this may be my favorite Star Wars movie. I am not a massive fan but I have seen all the movies plus a few cartoons.
Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 04:34:05 PM   #1565
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Since we are catching up...

Rogue One - A.... exceeded my expectations, loved it...

Collateral Beauty - B... not bad for a chick flick, some major holes in the story but still enjoyable....

Assassin's Creed - D-.... what a pile of crap. How can you make a movie that bad with all the source material available and the $$$ they threw into it... pure d garbage...

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:41:30 PM   #1566
97thAcolyte

Lego Batman Movie: 8/10.

Really fun film, maybe not worth watching in cinema if you prefer gritty stuff, (Unless you're taking kids) but well worth a look if you get the chance. Hearty chuckles throughout the film from adults and giddy giggles from the kids.
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:04:47 PM   #1567
TrueFaith

If's not often I'm caught off-guard by a movie, but it happened big time this weekend. It's free Showtime/Cinemax weekend on DirecTV, so I've beem watching more movies than usual.
The movie in question was "Triple 9" (9/10),
a cop/heist movie I'd never even heard of from 2016. Unbelievable cast. Casey Affleck, Kate Winslet, Woody Harrelson, Aaron Paul, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Anthony Mackie (showing why he's SO wasted playing The Falcon), Gal Gadot (the hottest I've EVER seen her) and Michael K Williams playing a transvestite hooker (!!) A few more minutes on screen and he would have stolen the whole movie.
Surprisingly, Rotten Tomatoes gives it a "meh" rating, but I loved every relentless second of it. It was like a Guy Ritchie movie on meth.

I also caught "Arrival" (7/10) finally and although it was entertaining, I thought it was pretty formulatic and schmatzy considering the great reviews I've seen for it. Perhaps I've just read too much good science-fiction over the years and I've seen the whole "time" thing done a little too much and better.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 12:01:39 AM   #1568
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

John Wick 2 - B*

*Disclaimer:
Damn that was a noisy theater. Distracting as all get out. Jeez people, if you can't shut up stay the hell home....
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 01:27:32 PM   #1569
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarasadies View Post
*Disclaimer:
Damn that was a noisy theater. Distracting as all get out. Jeez people, if you can't shut up stay the hell home....[/B]
I HATE a noisy theater. I got in trouble with my wife for speaking loudly to a small child and I guess its grandmother. About 10 minutes into the movie the child started talking non stop. After about 10 minutes of that I let them know about my displeasure with talking in the movies.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:20:52 PM   #1570
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Trainspotting 8/10, getting ready for the next one
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:17:33 AM   #1571
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Logan.......it's hard to describe how I feel about this movie. Just got back from the theatre and I don't have a positive feeling about it. It was disappointing and very much a downer for me.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:32:26 AM   #1572
AdamWarlock87
Krazy Kitty Krew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Logan.......it's hard to describe how I feel about this movie. Just got back from the theatre and I don't have a positive feeling about it. It was disappointing and very much a downer for me.
Really?! I thought it was the best of the Wolverine movies. X-23 was amazing the young actress did a damn fine job with the roll. She was vicious and kicked ass! Hugh also did an amazing job playing a very tired old Wolverine who's just had enough. There were a few things I didn't like that could have changed the last act up but I was satisfied with how it ended.
AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:33:25 AM   #1573
AdamWarlock87
Krazy Kitty Krew

Oh by the way Logan 9/10
AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 05:01:00 AM   #1574
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Hopefully I can watch Logan this week. I've been hanging
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:58:30 AM   #1575
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWarlock87 View Post
Really?! I thought it was the best of the Wolverine movies. X-23 was amazing the young actress did a damn fine job with the roll. She was vicious and kicked ass! Hugh also did an amazing job playing a very tired old Wolverine who's just had enough. There were a few things I didn't like that could have changed the last act up but I was satisfied with how it ended.
I can see how folks would love the movie. It was well made and put an emotional element to his whole story. That's not how I see things being for Wolvie, and mutants for that matter, in the future however. Won't say anything more because of spoilers.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:04:00 PM   #1576
QOBrien67

Lego Batman - 7.5-8/10
Logan - 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That's not how I see things being for Wolvie, and mutants for that matter, in the future however. Won't say anything more because of spoilers.
Agree with this. I'm assuming they're going to just tag this one up as an "alternative universe" thing. Also, it was set way in the future. I'll be honest though, I wish they would transition the entire X-Men license, or at least do something similar to Spider-Man to give joint license. No offense, but they have no clue wtf they're doing with the X-Men or FF license for sh*t. The only reason they got Logan right in my personal opinion is because they realized they can do a rated R super hero movie from Deadpool. You can't make every super hero movie an "art" movie... *cough cough* DC.

Just an average every day guy, beating people up and buying nerd statues in his spare time.
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:52:58 PM   #1577
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Logan - 9.5/10 I am going to watch it again soon
Old March 12th, 2017, 12:19:06 AM   #1578
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

John Wick 2 - strong 8/10...Keanu still can't act for ****, but there's something about watching him do his thing. Excellent shoot 'em/beat 'em up flick.
Logan - 9/10...only issue I had was the...one of the baddies. People who have seen probably know what I'm talking about. The Wolverine I'd been waiting for, otherwise.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 01:05:35 PM   #1579
TrueFaith

Reeves may not be the greatest actor, but it's undeniable he has a screen presence few actors can match and he certainly puts in the training for his parts, if the his weapons training videos for John Wick are any indication.
The female version of John Wick is on the way via director David Leitch, director of the first Wick film. Not sure if it will have the same success with a female protagonist, or if audiences will simply cringe at the idea of a woman taking the kind of beatings visited on Keanu. Then again it may make the retribution scenes all that more enjoyable.

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 09:37:48 PM   #1580
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah, I'm not sure it'll have the same success, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm always down for the lady ass-kickers. Has a La Femme Nikita meets Bourne feel in the trailer.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote