Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Spider-Man
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
Site Support
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MARVEL * DC * IMAGE & OTHERS COMIC BOOK DISCUSSIONS > YOUR COMIC BOOK SHOP

Thread Starter PeepsChicken Replies 1 Views 2262  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old June 11th, 2012, 11:56:18 PM   #1
PeepsChicken
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default San Antonio stores?

I'll be visiting San Antonio tomorrow. Are there any good stores in the city for Bowen statues?

(I've been in Houston and Austin for the past few days, and there are some great stores in both places.)
PeepsChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:00:17 PM   #2
PeepsChicken
Statue Marvels Royalty

Okay, I probably posted too late to get a response, but I hit a few shops while there. In case anybody else is heading to San Antonio:

1) The Collectors Authority: I arrived there to find a sign saying they were closed on Tuesday. The shop keeper was actually in the store and saw me at the door... he just stared. I didn't see any statues inside the store.

2) Heroes and Fantasies (Loop location): this is a good store. They had several statues I'd never seen. They had a pretty decent Thanos on Throne, but they wanted $450. I did pick up the newer Black Widow for $200. They also had classic Thor museum for $300... I already have it, but I almost picked it up to flip until I decided to leave it for a collector. The staff was actually kind of terrible... the girl who helped me seemed stoned, and the guy that rung me up was kind of arrogant. Still, it was a good store for statues.

3) Alien Worlds (Loop location): They didn't really have much of a collection: Jim Lee Cyclops, Dr. Doom museum, and Weapon X. Maybe one more that I can't remember. The clerk offered to call their other location for me to see what they had (+1 service), but the clerk at their other location said he was too busy to help (-1). So I didn't go to their second store.

4) Heroes and Fantasies (Universal City location): they didn't have the best selection of Bowen. They did have a slightly better looking Thanos on throne, but they also wanted $450. There were also a few Iron Man full size statues.

Still, I got to actually see the Thanos on throne in person, and I got the Black Widow I wanted. Good trip.
PeepsChicken is offline   Reply With Quote