Help Support SM:

Site Support
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
XM Studios
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles
Spider-Man

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MARVEL * DC * IMAGE & OTHERS COMIC BOOK DISCUSSIONS > YOUR COMIC BOOK SHOP

Thread Starter pineapplet Replies 4 Views 3237  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:32:39 AM   #1
pineapplet
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Default Shops in tysons corner?

Can anyone recommend good shops carrying Bowen and other collectible stuff in tysons corner, virginia? Will be visiting for work soon. thanks!
pineapplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:48:26 PM   #2
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

There are not a lot of shops in and around Northern Virginia. However, Big Planet Comics in Vienna, Virginia is just up the road from Tyson's Corner. I've been there a few times. Decent place. Nice people. Here's the link - Big Planet Comics

If you're up for a bit of a drive one county over (to Loudon County) there is Laughing Ogre Comics. They used to be in Herndon but moved out. I used to visit them a lot before they moved. They usually have statues, action figures and such. Here is the link - Laughing Ogre Comics

Hope this helps. Have fun!
SimonWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:54:31 PM   #3
Crom
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonWilliams View Post
There are not a lot of shops in and around Northern Virginia. However, Big Planet Comics in Vienna, Virginia is just up the road from Tyson's Corner. I've been there a few times. Decent place. Nice people. Here's the link - Big Planet Comics

If you're up for a bit of a drive one county over (to Loudon County) there is Laughing Ogre Comics. They used to be in Herndon but moved out. I used to visit them a lot before they moved. They usually have statues, action figures and such. Here is the link - Laughing Ogre Comics

Hope this helps. Have fun!
I used to hit Laughing Ogre when it was Phoneix Comics. I still try and hit the joint when I am in Northern Virginia. I think it is worth the drive, but like all things in Northern Virginia it is not a quick drive. Fortunately it is straight down Route 7.

It is a really nice store.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 03:02:21 PM   #4
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
I used to hit Laughing Ogre when it was Phoneix Comics. I still try and hit the joint when I am in Northern Virginia. I think it is worth the drive, but like all things in Northern Virginia it is not a quick drive. Fortunately it is straight down Route 7.

It is a really nice store.

It was great when it was in Herndon for me. It was a short drive from the house and work. Like you said, no easy drives in Northern Virginia but Laughing Ogre is worth the run up Route 7.
SimonWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:23:41 PM   #5
pineapplet
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Thanks guys! Will try both then.
pineapplet is offline   Reply With Quote