Help Support SM:

XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Spider-Man
Sideshow on eBay
General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
Site Support

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MARVEL * DC * IMAGE & OTHERS COMIC BOOK DISCUSSIONS > YOUR COMIC BOOK SHOP

Thread Starter HoldyourfireAl Replies 74 Views 12751  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:08:21 AM   #61
Boggs6ft7
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutters View Post
CCG = Collectible Card Games, like Magic: The Gathering. But I think his game of choice was some dragon blade something or other.
My LCS avoids games like Pokemon, Duel Masters, etc... There are people that ask for it on occaison, but there is no money in it at least round here.

Magic keeps going strong and makes up half his business, but it is a rarity for a someone under 17 to be there and play Magic, it is mostly a 18-40 year old crowd.
Boggs6ft7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:02:06 AM   #62
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Oh I did play a little bit of Magick. It is a pretty good game.
I got a stack because when I moved out with my room mates they got me into it.
Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:37:14 AM   #63
Silent G II

I stopped going to a store that I had gone to for a few years because the woman who ran it stopped getting the books I ordered. I was getting Transmetropolitan and then they stopped coming in. I asked the woman what was up and she said oh they cancelled that book. When I said no they didn't she changed tacks and said it wasn't worth getting it for only one person. I said well first you lie to me and then you insult me so you can stick my pull list where the sun don't shine and have a nice life. The shop folded a year or so later. She really didn't know what she was doing. I still see her from time to time but she's nuttier than a fruit cake. I saw her coming out of LOTR: Two Towers and she was crying with rage because the movie disrespected Dwarves who are a noble race (her words).

Last edited by Silent G II; September 17th, 2011 at 12:39:23 AM..
Silent G II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:05:59 AM   #64
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

When did they disrespect Dwarves? When Aragon threw Gimli?
Old September 17th, 2011, 04:09:27 AM   #65
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

- When the prices of their variants are ridiculously over priced! Sometimes you just scratch your head at the made up prices they come up with!?

- When there's no statues!!??!?

- When they're too busy playing Magik with their friends and not paying much attention to their guests. There's this rinky dink mom and pop comic shop near my area that these young kids run and they're always playing cards games with their buddies. Not to mention there's a couch with a big screen TV that some lazy a$$ teen is always laid out on. Thankfully a new nice comic shop opened nearby so I didn't have to deal with this dump!

- When it's just a cluster f*%# of crap all unorganized.

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:19:14 AM   #66
Silent G II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansen View Post
When did they disrespect Dwarves? When Aragon threw Gimli?
Yeah, pretty much. All the comedy stuff, chainmail too big, couldn't see over the wall, it all rubbed her the wrong way.
Silent G II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:54:22 AM   #67
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent G II View Post
Yeah, pretty much. All the comedy stuff, chainmail too big, couldn't see over the wall, it all rubbed her the wrong way.
Gimli is my favorite character in the LOTR and I thank they did a superb job on him.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:19:05 PM   #68
zuff25
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent G II View Post
I love when people take movies too seriously. Pick your battles. I could see getting upset over Schindler's list or some actually historically important movie., but a Fantasy movie made for pure enjoyment......

Silent G II, your pure and noble race comment made me laugh loud enough it woke up my sleeping baby.

Last edited by zuff25; October 3rd, 2011 at 03:38:15 AM..
zuff25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:04:34 AM   #69
ca35
Statue Marvels Royalty

I have left a LCS for online services. I was buying alot at the time. Then I dwindled down to maybe 6 books a month and started going back to the store. Now the DC 52 has started and I like ALOT of books again . Thinking DCBS or mailordercomics.com again.
ca35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:13:12 PM   #70
BBRX807
Statue Marvels Royalty

I would never leave my lcs. I live in houston and the lcs I go to (bedrock comics)actually has 4 different locations around the greater Houston area. Honestly for those of us living in Houston or the surrounding area are very fortunate to have an lcs of their magnitude. The staff at all 4 locations are the best, they're all very helpful, and very knowledgeable. I try to shop local as much as I can to show my support.
BBRX807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:15:58 PM   #71
Citizen Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRX807 View Post
I would never leave my lcs. I live in houston and the lcs I go to (bedrock comics)actually has 4 different locations around the greater Houston area. Honestly for those of us living in Houston or the surrounding area are very fortunate to have an lcs of their magnitude. The staff at all 4 locations are the best, they're all very helpful, and very knowledgeable. I try to shop local as much as I can to show my support.
I've been going to Bedrock forever - I've been able to clean up on Marvel silver and bronze over the years.

Did you know Jermey from the Clear Lake store started his own up here in Cypress (off of Hwy6/FM 1960). It's called 8th Dimension Comics.

RIP, Kirk (aka Ace). You will be missed, brother.

A little about me: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f410/ci...pha-14179.html

My collection thread:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/ci...eum-17158.html

My custom conversions:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f224/ci...ead-21034.html
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:15:34 PM   #72
CougarTrace
Statue Marvels God

I only go to the Bedrock Comics on the North Side. They are good people.

But I have to admit I buy a lot of stuff now on dcbservice.com

Equal Opportunities. Not Equal Outcomes.
CougarTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:41:56 PM   #73
df1650
Statue Marvels Royalty

I have had great experience with most ofthe stores:
-When I was in Plattsburgh, New York ( 1989 - 1993) a place called the Fantastic Planet had great customer service. A guy and lady ran the place. Cold as hell up there though

- Oklahoma City had place called Dragonfiyre Comics. The first owner handled business well. But I think he sold it and it went down hill quickly. But the first owner would hold my stuff for months at a time because I was serving in the Air Force at the time. But once I let him know I would be gone for awhile, he had no problems.

My bad experiences came from a store in Columbia, SC. Cannot remember the name but they sold my entire monthly holdings and then one of the younger guys lied and said he tried to call me. You know what is great about cell phones, they store info/data and you can access. I got NO calls and basically he just liedl. I traveled over an hour and a half to that store because it was decent but after that, mail order. I think the name was Dungeons and Dragons.
df1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:35:08 PM   #74
BBRX807
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Alpha View Post

Did you know Jermey from the Clear Lake store started his own up here in Cypress (off of Hwy6/FM 1960). It's called 8th Dimension Comics.
I have heard out it, never been though.

I actually live in rosenberg/richmond area about 10-15 min from sw houston so my main bedrock is the westheimer location. But on the weekends I love to grab the old lady and spend the day paying a visit to all 4 locations.

Its quite a treat, first well hit up westheimer then clearlake, Washington and then 1960. So the next time I go to the 1960 location ill take hwy 6 so we can check it out on the way home.

Last edited by BBRX807; November 18th, 2012 at 01:41:11 PM..
BBRX807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:19:26 PM   #75
leavethatthingalone1001

i was a loyal customer at one of the comic shops in the city where i live.after more than ten years and several thousand dollars of buying statues(mostly bowen)i realized something.at the end of the day loyalty means nothing to a business owner..i will explain why.what happened to me is i had asked for this owner to obtain bowen statues for me which he had done previously for years.then when i would be expecting what i had asked for politley i found that he would say"oh..gee i forgot' or some lame excuse.the moral of this story is this.....YOU REWARD LOYALTY WITH LOYALTY....an easy formula for any business in any age dont you think?but what that comic shop owner realizes is,as i take my business elsewhere,he has people lining up at his door buying other stuff etc....but what i know is this,not one single cent of mine will ever make its way into his cash register again.
leavethatthingalone1001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic book shop, comic book store