Help Support SM:

Spider-Man
Amazon Home Page
Site Support
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES > SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: STATUE FORUM

Thread Starter filip629 Replies 11 Views 1428  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old January 4th, 2018, 08:34:33 PM   #1
filip629
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Sideshow revisits are getting out of hand!

So, we're in day 11 of the 12 Days of sideshow and their reveals are basically all revisits of characters they have already released. We've got another Wolverine bust, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Electra, Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Captain America, and Black Widow PFs. This has gotten out of hand. There are so many Marvel and DC characters that have gotten no love as PFs yet all sideshow is interested in doing is rehashes of already released characters. Do we seriously need 3 different Poison Ivy statues from sideshow before Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Ra's, Scarercrow, Two Face, and other important characters that haven't been touched by sideshow?

Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? I fully expected sideshow to revisit these characters based off their popularity and ability to sell for sideshow. What I can't understand is the almost total shut out of new characters that haven't been released by sideshow in their Marvel and DC licenses. Why not hold back a new Joker, Ivy, and Harley until next year and release a Ra's, Scarecrow, and Two Face instead? Or, how about bumping back Cap and Black Widow and giving us a Cable or Nightcrawler PF instead?Just a little more balance between new characters and revisited ones could have made both new and old school collectors happy. As it played out, the 12 days of sideshow just made me say....bah humbug!

Last edited by filip629; January 4th, 2018 at 08:36:54 PM..
filip629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2018, 09:51:30 PM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I could understand half of the reveals being revisits but come on. There are other characters that would sell just as well. Maybe if SS had better QC and better art direction, they wouldnít have to redo the old ones.

Last edited by Mister H; January 5th, 2018 at 12:51:40 AM..
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:29:06 AM   #3
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

I agree but the only way to stop to this would be to not buy. I do not think that is going to happen. They will keep putting out Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Wolverine and all the other most popular statue because it is safe and they are making money. I am not going to lie, I am guilty of this too. I have the Wolverine PF preordered and will possibly order the new Capt PF once I see the full reveal.

On a side not: Is the site getting slower? I almost did not post because it took this page so long to load.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:30:50 AM   #4
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty

this site has been slow loading for months

Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

• Moondragon
  • Mantis
  • Wonder Man (in the Perez Designed costume)
  • Havok (need a new one in his classic costume because the existing one is too expensive on Ebay)
  • The Red Guardian (The Defenders member-this one is a longshot)
  • and a REALLY GOOD Phoenix Museum pose
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 11:06:10 AM   #5
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

As Quilon said, the only way to inspire change is not to buy. Clearly people are buying, because the keep churning out the same characters...

On another note, the Superman is awful...

.... and the site has been slow for a while now...

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 11:28:25 AM   #6
gman
Statue Marvels Royalty

going to be harder for resale of the previous editions as collectors will be satisfied by just getting the most current release. Not impossible...just harder. ah well.

gman is the collectors' friend
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 01:44:39 PM   #7
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarasadies View Post
As Quilon said, the only way to inspire change is not to buy. Clearly people are buying, because the keep churning out the same characters...

On another note, the Superman is awful...

.... and the site has been slow for a while now...
Hey brother, just curious, what donít you like about the new Supes? Iím on the fence about him.
Old January 5th, 2018, 04:53:05 PM   #8
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hey brother, just curious, what donít you like about the new Supes? Iím on the fence about him.
His abs. They look absolute asinine in my opinion. The Tweeterhead has such a natural, real look compared to ab-crunch man...
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 06:53:03 AM   #9
filip629
Statue Marvels Royalty

If they would've released a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF to at least finish off the Big 7 classic JL lineup I wouldn't be as disappointed. As is, this 12 days was a huge letdown.
filip629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 08:48:16 PM   #10
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip629 View Post
If they would've released a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF to at least finish off the Big 7 classic JL lineup I wouldn't be as disappointed. As is, this 12 days was a huge letdown.
I think we will see some Flash love within the next year. My biggest issue lately is the overwhelming amount of Superman in the past year and a half . . . and everyone keeps giving him a fabric cape. That Prime1 reveal was almost perfect. I love the SS brainiac head in Superman's hand too . . . but more fabric capes

Sash's Bowen Collection Thread

If you see the collection thread in new posts, it's because new pics have been added.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:28:36 AM   #11
REL
Statue Marvels Royalty

I don't have a 1/4th Black Widow so I went ahead and and ordered one to go with my few 1/4 Cap statues. Still waiting for a Winter Soldier statue. I'll think about the new Cap once I see the whole statue and price. Don't see a classic head on the reveal but perhaps as an exclusive feature? It will also be interesting to see if there will be an Infinity movie Cap with a beard somewhere down the line.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:55:24 PM   #12
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm betting we will see a bearded, Infinity War Cap. Probably a few. I've decided not to get the new 1/4 Supes and I will wait to see the Prime 1 1/4 Cap before I make up my mind about the new SS Cap. I really need a 1/4 scale Cap though. Still waiting on more pics of SS's new Batman PF as well.