Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
XM Studios
Conan
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
Site Support
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS MARVEL COMICS STATUE & MINI BUSTS: DISCUSSION FORUM

Thread Starter averone Replies 48 Views 9319  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old October 14th, 2010, 10:34:50 PM   #21
averone
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Doom View Post
Thanks as always, averone! Your pics are really useful, I can't wait for my IM here in Italy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrules View Post
This looks sweet ! Mine comes Monday
averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:35:45 AM   #22
Totally unr3al
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
Here you go!

Awesome! thanks averone I have to get this...
Totally unr3al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 07:52:16 PM   #23
caniac78
Statue Marvels Royalty

just got mine. All I can say is WOW!!!

first it's much bigger than I thought based on initial photos.

I cant wait for an action CAP think it make a perfect CIVIL WAR display.
caniac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:13:18 PM   #24
averone
Statue Marvels Royalty

BTW, about that IM, you can see its exactly like the cover art!!!
Bravo BD!!
The Extremis armor from Iron Man vol. 4 #5. Cover of Iron Man Director of S.H.I.E.D. cover by Adi Granov.

Old October 16th, 2010, 06:30:06 PM   #25
Loki

the face is still way to long. I thought this was suppose to be fixed. the whole head looks off. Why wasnt this fixed? I have to stop preordering
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:10:04 AM   #26
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
the face is still way to long. I thought this was suppose to be fixed. the whole head looks off. Why wasnt this fixed? I have to stop preordering
Who are you preordering from? If it's Bowen Designs this is the same statue, with the same head & faceplate, as the sales photo on the BD website.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:09:39 PM   #27
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Who are you preordering from? If it's Bowen Designs this is the same statue, with the same head & faceplate, as the sales photo on the BD website.
my eyes work. It was said before that this would be fixed in a thread before By Bowen I do belive. so check your info before you ask stupid questions. an averones pics are a heck of a lot better then the ones on the site
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:13:45 PM   #28
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
my eyes work. It was said before that this would be fixed in a thread before By Bowen I do belive. so check your info before you ask stupid questions. an averones pics are a heck of a lot better then the ones on the site
Well, I just went through all of the Extremis threads just in case I missed it, but I can't find (and don't recall) RB actually saying this statue was going to be changed. Some people who got the statue seem to think the original head tilt was reworked, but I can't find any confirmation of that either. What I do see is a lot of people under the impression that the statue was going to be changed, but I'll be darned if I can find any updated photos showing it was actually done.
I think BD does it's best to show accurate pictures of the statue on their sales page. If you have any doubts about what you're buying a simple phone call to BD could probably have saved you a lot of grief. It sounds to me like you "assumed" the statue would be changed even though it wasn't on the order page, so who's not checking their info here?
And the "search" features on forums (and my memory) being what they are, if anyone could post the quote from Randy actually saying the changes would be made I would appreciate them posting it here.
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:22:58 AM   #29
J-M-T
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Well, I just went through all of the Extremis threads just in case I missed it, but I can't find (and don't recall) RB actually saying this statue was going to be changed. Some people who got the statue seem to think the original head tilt was reworked, but I can't find any confirmation of that either. What I do see is a lot of people under the impression that the statue was going to be changed, but I'll be darned if I can find any updated photos showing it was actually done.
I think BD does it's best to show accurate pictures of the statue on their sales page. If you have any doubts about what you're buying a simple phone call to BD could probably have saved you a lot of grief. It sounds to me like you "assumed" the statue would be changed even though it wasn't on the order page, so who's not checking their info here?
And the "search" features on forums (and my memory) being what they are, if anyone could post the quote from Randy actually saying the changes would be made I would appreciate them posting it here.
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/mar...ered-8218.html
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:26:41 AM   #30
J-M-T
Statue Marvels Royalty

Randy said the mouth was going to be raised and the tilt fixed. I preordered it after he said that, but now after I've seen the pics, I don't think it changed at all. But I'll confirm that when I receive mine.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:02:28 AM   #31
TrueFaith

Thanks for digging that up, but now I'm even more confused. It sure seems from that thread that the faceplate and head tilt were changed and the fan pics appear to show that. If the statue was altered as requested then why are people still complaining? That it wasn't changed enough?
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:24:37 AM   #32
averone
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-M-T View Post
Randy said the mouth was going to be raised and the tilt fixed. I preordered it after he said that, but now after I've seen the pics, I don't think it changed at all. But I'll confirm that when I receive mine.
Quote:
Thanks for digging that up, but now I'm even more confused. It sure seems from that thread that the faceplate and head tilt were changed and the fan pics appear to show that. If the statue was altered as requested then why are people still complaining? That it wasn't changed enough?
I think it was changed.
I am sure of it.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:26:01 AM   #33
averone
Statue Marvels Royalty

Old October 18th, 2010, 03:08:32 AM   #34
J-M-T
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
I think it was changed.
I am sure of it.
You have it in hand. So I think you know better.

Quote:
Not a problem. I just used the search button and it brought up the thread.
From what I'm seeing on that thread and the in hand pics. I think nothing has changed from the initially sneaked proto. But then again, I don't have this in hand yet, so I'll just have to see it for myself when I receive it.
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:26:03 AM   #35
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-M-T View Post
Not a problem. I just used the search button and it brought up the thread.
From what I'm seeing on that thread and the in hand pics. I think nothing has changed from the initially sneaked proto. But then again, I don't have this in hand yet, so I'll just have to see it for myself when I receive it.
Search features of most forums I've been on are notoriously finicky and you must have entered more specific keywords than I did. Trying to find info by searching the archives always seems to be a real PITA when you really need to find something.
Glad you managed to dig it up.

I've been comparing Averone's pics with the sales picture on the BD website and the sales picture actually seems to still have that head-tilt. In fact the sales picture looks more like the initial sneak than the revision. I wonder if the revisions were made after the statue actually went on sale and BD had to use the un-revised picture because they didn't have any shots of the changes yet. I think Averone is right and it has been changed, but I guess you and I will find out soon enough when our Extremis statues arrive this week.

Edit: Just spent a little more time searching threads. Extremis Iron Man appears to have gone on sale in March, while the "revisions" were still being discussed in April. I'm starting to think that the picture used on BD's website may still the pre-revision one and that's what's causing the confusion.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:59:14 AM   #36
J-M-T
Statue Marvels Royalty

@TrueFaith: Yes, it was discussed and Bowen decided to change it after it went up for sale.

Oh, and the keyword I used to search was "tilt".
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:44:46 PM   #37
gylaya79
Statue Marvels God

here's my contribution. definitely wrong on this one. the flat red gave it character and i'm lovin it. I actually thought based on earlier pics that i would repaint it metallic but now, he's a keeper.

Iron Man Extremis:

gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 05:31:40 PM   #38
Dr.Doom
Statue Marvels Royalty

What I can say? From these pics, I like it a lot!!! I can't wait for mine! Another great IM sculpt for the Hall of armor!
Dr.Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 05:56:47 PM   #39
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

it's ok, but not my favourite Ironman statue.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:26:59 AM   #40
J-M-T
Statue Marvels Royalty

Iron Man fans should not miss out on these. All are very well done.