Spider-Man
Conan
General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
XM Studios
Site Support
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > STATUE MARVELS SITE & MEMBER INFO > INTRODUCE YOURSELF > MEMORIAL to OUR MEMBERS WHO HAVE PASSED

Thread Starter rome Replies 112 Views 12026  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:54:04 PM   #101
Colossus
Statue Marvels Royalty

I never had the chance to meet or speak with Ace on line, It is always a sad day when you hear about the passing of someone but with as many Friends as I have seen hear in rememberence of him he will not be forgotten in the Hearts and Souls of everyone his life touched.

My Condolences to his Family and Friends

Al
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:57:28 PM   #102
omni
Statue Marvels Royalty

best wishes going out to the family and friends of mr. jones.
omni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:21:18 PM   #103
Cpt America
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm so sorry about Ace. He was such an awesome fella. Getting to hang out with you guys in NYC is something I think about often and wish we could've had more times like it. I'll be praying for you and his family.
Cpt America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 03:25:15 AM   #104
rome
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt America View Post
I'm so sorry about Ace. He was such an awesome fella. Getting to hang out with you guys in NYC is something I think about often and wish we could've had more times like it. I'll be praying for you and his family.
I don't want to keep rehashing this thread but I had to say another thank you to all and to tell you how much Kirk enjoyed that day in NYC with you all. He really, truly enjoyed meeting you all even though it was physically hard for him to be there.
Anyway, I thank you, his family thanks you, each and everyone of your comments have helped and made a difference.
His funeral will be this coming thursday.
After that, as Ace would want it let's get back to talking Bowen Statues and Marvel stuff.
rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:10:23 PM   #105
Parky
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Very sad news indeed. I'm so sorry Rome, please pass on my condolences to Kirk's family. May he rest in peace.

Steve
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:30:09 PM   #106
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Sad to read about Ace's passing...
R.I.P. Mate
Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:32:22 PM   #107
Paty

such sad news...
I have been away from my computer for a couple of weeks and just saw this notice. I never met or interacted with Ace, but I did listen to some of the excerpts of the show that I accessed from the link provided in your posts, Rome... and it sounded like you guys had fun with the industry and it's creators.
My heart goes out to you, rome, and to all who knew and loved Ace. diabetes killed Dave, too... so I totally sympathize. Ace was probably a lot younger than Dave and that is a terrible tragedy that it took one so young.
I know you will miss him terribly... and I am soo sorry for your loss. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers
Paty
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:43:11 PM   #108
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
such sad news...
I have been away from my computer for a couple of weeks and just saw this notice. I never met or interacted with Ace, but I did listen to some of the excerpts of the show that I accessed from the link provided in your posts, Rome... and it sounded like you guys had fun with the industry and it's creators.
My heart goes out to you, rome, and to all who knew and loved Ace. diabetes killed Dave, too... so I totally sympathize. Ace was probably a lot younger than Dave and that is a terrible tragedy that it took one so young.
I know you will miss him terribly... and I am soo sorry for your loss. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers
Paty
Note: Dave is Dave Cockrum, Paty's husband & co-creator of The All New, All Different X-Men!

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:47:06 PM   #109
rome
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
such sad news...
Paty
Thank You SO VERY MUCH Paty (If I may call you Paty). Both Ace and I LOVED Dave Cockrum, LOVED him. You may have missed it but I had extended an invitation to you to come on the show on one of the threads on which you had posted. We both appreciated your POV and wanted to discuss it further together.
Today was Kirk's funeral and it was a very difficult day for me. As his best friend I was one of the speakers and I could barely manage to speak.
I loved him.
I too am VERY sorry for your loss. It was a loss to us all.
I deeply appreciate your kind words.
Thank you.
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:47:45 PM   #110
rome
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
Note: Dave is Dave Cockrum, Paty's husband & co-creator of The All New, All Different X-Men!
Thanks for the heads up Al.. I knew that of course.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:12:03 PM   #111
Magdaddy

Sorry to hear the very sad news, my condolences to all his friends & family!
Magdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:46:50 PM   #112
sambofred
Statue Marvels Royalty

My condolences.
Loved the energy the two of you shared on your show.

Bowen Grail for 2015 -
Painted Surfer

Check out my mom's Etsy shop.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ForYourAngelsCheeks
sambofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:55:59 PM   #113
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

I'm going to move this to our new section.
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote