Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
XM Studios
Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
Site Support

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC BOOK MOVIES & TV SHOWS

Thread Starter leadin2 Replies 8 Views 2087  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old May 1st, 2018, 01:08:51 PM   #1
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default [Review] Avengers: Infinity War *Spoiler Alert*

************************* SPOILERS ALERT *************************

Watched the movie last night, I love it!! Here's what I observed and some of my thoughts.

1) Glad they made this story into a movie. Whether they followed the comics or not, to me, it does not matter anymore. It is how MCU captures everyone's attention and continues to entertain. It is really a dream come true, to be able to enjoy super heroes' fight scenes in movies, brought to life.

2) The audiences are certainly engrossed:

Scene #1: Thor's return, just in time to help the Avengers on earth. The audiences applauded and cheered.

Scene #2: Tony Stark stabbed by Thanos. Loud reactions of disbelief.

Scene #3: End of the movie (See the exact expression below) - Heavy. Well, I have read the comics long ago and I knew half the population would disappear, which I believe will happen in part 1 of the movie. Yet, people doesn't wish that would happen, same goes to the death of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.

Lastly, here are the easter eggs.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...to-see-a160036
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2018, 02:39:31 PM   #2
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah it was great. My favorite part was the arrival of Thor. Wow, that was finally the Thor that we should have always had. Strange was awesome as well. Those two were the mvp's imo. I think that Strange did something to the time stone that will allow the "dead" heroes to come back.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 08:20:15 AM   #3
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

I agree, it was very satisfying. To me, putting all of those story pieces and all of those characters into an enjoyable movie is an amazing feat and they pulled it off incredibly well. The jokes to me were much better than the humor in GotG.

Even though I'm not a Thor fan, I just about cheered when he arrived in Wakanda.

I guessed the ending a long time ago so it wasn't that big a surprise to me, but many people didn't and I'm happy to see that people actually enjoyed being surprised and maybe now they will stop trying to find out everything about a movie before they see it.

I'm going to lay out a scene for the Avengers 4 which I suspect will be Avengers: Disassembled. Captain America will actually put on the Gauntlet with the idea that he's the only one "pure of heart" and can set things right without getting consumed with power. That being said, I'm really not sure everyone will be back.

It does make sense that Dr. Strange did something with the Time stone. I'm wondering if that's what Wong was doing...preparing.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:20:22 AM   #4
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
It does make sense that Dr. Strange did something with the Time stone. I'm wondering if that's what Wong was doing...preparing.
Woah, forgot about Wong. I need to see it again now. (like I need a reason)
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:36:11 AM   #5
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Dr. Strange saw all the possible futures and I would assume the one way for them to win was to give Thanos the time stone.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2018, 01:55:31 PM   #6
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

INFINITY WAR: 5 THEORIES ABOUT AVENGERS 4

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/05...out-avengers-4
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:12:54 PM   #7
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

Finally saw Avengers...WOW!!! I never thought the first Avengers movie would ever be topped but this is my favourite Marvel movie to date!!! how the heck are they going to top themselves, 10 years in the making just an amazing accomplishment. probably my favourite movie period!

Al what did you think of the movie????

Last edited by impossiblepie; May 13th, 2018 at 11:14:55 PM..
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 06:41:20 PM   #8
wrlord
Statue Marvels Royalty

Just saw it. I want to like it. There are parts I really enjoyed. RDJ continues to deliver, Hemsworth remains brilliantly cast and remarkably charismatic. I loved pretty much everything about Loki. "We have a Hulk" was a beautiful call-back. Thanos was well realized and surprisingly complex. The Guardians has me cracking up. Which is actually one of the problems. The changes in tone between scenes were too abrupt and hard to reconcile.
And speaking of shifts, I now hate this Spider-Man. I've always hated the Iron Spider. And this character has become whiny, overly deferential, and kind of a doofus.
One complaint I don't have, though I've seen others have it, is that there were too many characters, and so they all get short shrift. Well, we're 20 movies in, and these characters have all had plenty of opportunity to shine in the past. This wasn't the movie for that.
The MCU is excellently cast, for the most part. I do have trouble with Natasha and Wanda being insufficiently Eastern European, and I'm the only person who never liked Mark Ruffalo (too ethnically Italian for Banner, and nothing about him suggests he can spell "Ph.D."). And I really miss the real Nick Fury.
Power levels, and powers, have become vague and somewhat interchangeable now. The film implies that Thanos could be taken out by a dagger, but he tosses the Hulk around like a rag doll. No idea what this Scarlet Witch does. Who needs a rainbow bridge when any Asgardian can just teleport himself or someone else wherever whenever? And Asgard was a planet?? Wha?
My really big problem with the movie, though, is what's happened to Captain America - and as goes Cap, so goes the MCU, really. Cap and the MCU have gotten dark, and things are out of joint. I thought it was a clever and incisive observation on the part of the filmmakers that they only call him Steve Rogers throughout this film, because this was not Captain America. Captain America is unfailingly optimistic, dedicated and certain, even in the face of the most horrible atrocities ever committed. I'm not saying he should be cartoonish, but this tired refugee we saw in this film was not that guy. Honestly, Star-Lord was more Captain America-y than Steve Rogers was here.
Lastly, does anyone really believe that this isn't all going to be undone by the end of the next movie? This was all for nothing. No way are they keeping half our heroes dead. Not gonna happen. So why are we getting jerked off?

Dictated on my iPad. My iPad can't spell for sh!t.

Last edited by wrlord; September 11th, 2018 at 06:51:47 PM..
wrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 02:36:43 PM   #9
bdogg_80
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

A theory that a friend of mine shared, that I find intriguing. Complete conjecture and stretched theories ahead:

Twice in the movie, the expression "we don't trade lives" is made. Once by Steve Rogers to Vision, and another by Vision himself. Not to trade a member for another Avengers teammate.

What if that is precisely has to happen- the end game? If the characters that "ashed out" with the snap of Thanos' finger are presumably in the Soul Gem (and where/what exactly is going on with Thanos at the finale- is he in the Reality Gem, perhaps???), could there be a swap of characters- possibly Steve Rogers enters the Soul Gem in some cosmic trade-off for the characters we lost at the end of this movie?

An Easter egg someone pointed out was that when Tony's last comms to Pepper begin to cut out, the soundtrack is the some theme played in Steve's final goodbye to Peggy...foreshadowing???

We do know that Chris Evans and RDJ's contracts are done after this next film, so it seems possibly we get at least one death (Iron Man) and/or a swan song (Steve Rogers) for these 2 big ticket actors.

bdogg_80's statue collection thread

WTB:
Winter Soldier Bowen Statue
Luke Cage Retro Bowen Statue
Hela Bowen Bust
Beta Ray Bill Bust
bdogg_80 is offline   Reply With Quote