Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
Spider-Man
Site Support
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS MARVEL DC STAR WARS COLLECTIBLES > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS: STATUE FORUM

Thread Starter Quilon Replies 22 Views 4745  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old August 3rd, 2016, 03:36:48 PM   #1
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Erick Sosa--New X-men Statues

Posted on Erick's Facebook page:

Coming soon to a collection near you !!!

have computer issues sorry
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2016, 03:48:48 PM   #2
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

screw it!! it is on his FB page

https://www.facebook.com/erick.sosa.sculptor
Old August 3rd, 2016, 07:37:30 PM   #3
TrueFaith

Erick has to be one of the busiest sculptors working today.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 10:46:28 PM   #4
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Well he gave a few hints today on Facebook. This will not be Kotobukiya and he said in a reply that it will be x-men and marvel universe.
Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:34:06 PM   #5
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Interesting...here's hoping for 1/6. ...maybe a 1/6 Jubilee?
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:52:26 PM   #6
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Colossus please.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:34:42 AM   #7
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Great news.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 07:31:14 AM   #8
TrueFaith

From Erick's FB page:

"...this is for my own line"

Also, he seems to confirm it will be 1/6 scale.
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:35:58 PM   #9
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Real good news! I know Erick has a passion for 90's X-Men so I'm sure he's targeting characters he recommended Koto to produce, but they declined (i.e. Iceman and Sabretooth). Doubt he's gonna be able to put in constant production without a team of sculptors, but at least it's another company producing 1:6 statues. Wouldn't it be cool if Randy signed with him!

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:27:30 PM   #10
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Real good news! I know Erick has a passion for 90's X-Men so I'm sure he's targeting characters he recommended Koto to produce, but they declined (i.e. Iceman and Sabretooth). Doubt he's gonna be able to put in constant production without a team of sculptors, but at least it's another company producing 1:6 statues. Wouldn't it be cool if Randy signed with him!
Wouldn't it be cool indeed!
If nothing is announced by Randy before JerseyFest, I'm definitely going to ask him about the chances of him working with Erick during his 5-year "freelance tour".
Actually, it sounds like a no-brainer, but of course that would depend on what kind of personal and professional relationship they have. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they're way ahead of us.
Wouldn't that be awesome though. Erick did some great work for Bowen Designs. How cool would it be if their roles were reversed for a bit if Erick is planning on farming out some work?
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:04:40 AM   #11
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Ooh...1/6. Sweet! That would definitely be cool to see RB sculpt with Sosa's company. Here's hoping...
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:32:38 PM   #12
TouchE22
Mod Solo

I'm looking forward to see what's in store!
TouchE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:58:24 PM   #13
MrJones
Statue Marvels Royalty

I've shifted my collection over to cosmic themed exclusively but ANYTHING 1/6 is exciting to me at this point!

Add my NEW Instagram for all my statue pics and more - MADTITANJONES

Checkout my ongoing collection thread here and drop me a line! - http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/mr...ave-28245.html

Wishlist -
Bowens: Beta Ray Bill, Moden Nova FS, Mephisto FB, Eternity MB
Sideshow: Silver Surfer Comiquette.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:08:34 PM   #14
Jansen
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yes!!! I hope he continues with the great sculpts for the Kotobukiya collection, even if he uses Prototypes to do so.
Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:46:00 AM   #15
filip629
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm definitely in need of a few more 1/6 pieces. I'll take a Nightcrawler, Mr. Fantastic, and Invisible Woman to start.
filip629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:40:04 AM   #16
filip629
Statue Marvels Royalty

I wonder if Sosa will continue to sculpt for Koto if he'll be doing 1/6 pieces for his own line. That's a HUGE loss for Koto if he doesn't stick around.
filip629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:11:36 PM   #17
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Since Randy can not do his own company would it not be great if he did some side work for Erick and sign up the kucharek brothers also.
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:41:55 PM   #18
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Since Randy can not do his own company would it not be great if he did some side work for Erick and sign up the kucharek brothers also.
Hellsbells51 and I were discussing just that possibility earlier in the thread, Q.
I would think that if Erick has indeed procured the Marvel contract (which he has yet to confirm of course), he would welcome the assistance of freelance sculptors like RB, the K-Bros, Jason Smith and Mark Newman (to name just a few) to assist him in his deadlines and whatever volume of figures Marvel requires. In fact he (perhaps jokingly) mentioned to Randy on FB the other day that he would like RB to do a class on "production" as well as a sculpting class at JerseyFest. If he plans on continuing to also work for Koto then assistance from other sculptors would seem almost required to help lessen his personal workload.
With such an opportunity presenting itself, if you were in Erick's shoes wouldn't you want to model your future production and manufacturing for a big contract like Marvel's after that of a company that was one of the most successful in the industry for so many years? If Erick is successful in his first contract, who's to say that he won't continue to get the nod from Marvel for other contracts year after year as BD did. In which case Randy would be assured of freelance work and he could pass the next 5 years continuing to sculpt Marvel statues for Erick until he's able to return to fronting his own company again, while still having time to persue his own personal goals.
That would not only be a best possible scenario for us fans, but given the present "lay of the land" I think it's highly possible we may see something like it come to pass in one permutation or other.
The next few months should prove very interesting for announcements from both Randy and Erick and we fans once again have much to be optimistic about after such a long period of inactivity on the 1/6 scale front.
Old August 9th, 2016, 03:14:31 PM   #19
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

I know for a fact he is enlisting help...here's what he replied back to me on FB:

Hi Jason thanks so much for the kind words brother. Actually I may be able to to still be the sculptor even when I don't sculpt at all, the reason being with digital you can have many versions sculpted in this case by me of many characters, and then have someone else help you pose etc, and touch up.

However my approach is that by leaving freelancing the amount of characters I will do for this line and SF and maybe another yet unannounced license ( stay tuned ), even with all these lines, I wouldn't be as busy as I currently am. Once my entire focus shifts to my own licenses, with the help of my team we will have more than enough time to relax and yet work hard enough where there's not a lot of stress.

Anyway, I cannot talk more about this new line until the big M allows me. I have said enough for the time being but yeah, no worries, more info coming soon!
Old August 9th, 2016, 03:40:21 PM   #20
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

That said, it seems more like he's enlisting digital sculptors than traditional folks like Randy. I know RB mentioned he's learning zBrush, but if I remember correctly he said he wasn't completely trained using it. I'm thinking Erick is using sculptors he's familiar with like Alex Pereira whom has helped him in the past on many of his Koto and Yamato digital sculpts. Not to say Erick wouldn't welcome traditional sculpts, but it sounds more like he's going the digital route.