Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
General-Marvel Collectibles
Spider-Man
XM Studios
Site Support
Sideshow on eBay

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS MARVEL DC STAR WARS COLLECTIBLES > KOTOBUKIYA FINE ARTS: STATUE FORUM

Thread Starter TethMau74 Replies 56 Views 12337  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old December 4th, 2016, 10:07:24 AM   #41
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'd say Bowen is Montana, K-Bros are Brady and Sosa is Favre. Sosa has sculpted some great stuff, even the definitive Magneto, IMO, but he's not quite there with the other guys.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2016, 10:19:01 AM   #42
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
C'mon now. Sosa and the Kuch bros are on a entirely different level. I love my Bowen's and respect yr loyalty. BP is awesome but not even close to the best imo.

Vision looks amazing.
Well it's all subjective, right? We all have our favorite sculptors, scales and characters and how we like to see them portrayed.
Personally, I don't think anyone can touch Randy Bowen as far as the sheer breadth of his work, his longevity in the business as well as being the tip of the spear for so many innovations, or his accomplishments in having such a successful business for so long. And it's 100% personal that I appreciate his dedication to producing the "classic" characters exactly as I remember them and wish them to be represented.
Much of the same can be said of Erick and the K Bros., but certainly not all.
I think that's more of a result of Randy being first in so many things and enjoying such a relatively long career. I have great expectations for Erick Sosa, especially if he gets a Marvel contract. He's a young guy with a lot of great ideas still to be seen. And if the K Bros. join his efforts? Wow.
It's undeniable that Randy Bowen was there first and helped open the door for many of the sculptors and companies we enjoy today. What these guys make of the opportunity over the next few years I'll be following as closely as I did Bowen Designs since it's inception. Who even would have thought 10 years ago that there would be companies like XM and Prime 1 Studios charging a grand or more for statues?
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:47:52 PM   #43
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'd say Bowen is Montana, K-Bros are Brady and Sosa is Favre. Sosa has sculpted some great stuff, even the definitive Magneto, IMO, but he's not quite there with the other guys.
So Sosa is overrated is what you're saying...
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:04:23 PM   #44
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Relation to QB's is a bad comparison. I'll play along. Unitas/Starr/Montana= Bowen, Elway/Marino/Manning= K bros , Favre/Brees/Kelly= Miller, J Smith, Shifflett, Brady=Sosa
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:12:46 PM   #45
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Definitive: Magneto, Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, Gambit, Spiderman, and Psylocke in the 1/6th department.

Tweeners: Archangel, Captain, Thor, Beast, BP, Juggs
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:38:05 PM   #46
TrueFaith

We keep this up and we'll have a "Fantasy Sculptors League" next.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 03:16:34 PM   #47
Babs206
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

The lowest i could find for a Pre-order was $275 shipped from a shop i did my last preorder from. Have you guys had luck finding a lower price?

Also I think I heard that some of you are waiting till after the release to buy one, and aren't pre-ordering. Do you expect the price to be lower than $275 after launch?

Looking for advice, since I would rather wait till launch if the statue is availble and still at retail price (or lower)

Thanks! This is a awesome Vision I think it will fit great with the Classic Avengers line. Incredible once again by Erick!
Babs206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 03:37:21 PM   #48
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs206 View Post
The lowest i could find for a Pre-order was $275 shipped from a shop i did my last preorder from. Have you guys had luck finding a lower price?

Also I think I heard that some of you are waiting till after the release to buy one, and aren't pre-ordering. Do you expect the price to be lower than $275 after launch?

Looking for advice, since I would rather wait till launch if the statue is availble and still at retail price (or lower)

Thanks! This is a awesome Vision I think it will fit great with the Classic Avengers line. Incredible once again by Erick!
I waited on Black Panther and got a great deal from Amazon(of all places). I got it for $180.83 so personally I am going to wait it out and hope for a better price. I do not think this will sell out immediately but that is the chance you take.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:41:06 PM   #49
gomur
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
I waited on Black Panther and got a great deal from Amazon(of all places). I got it for $180.83 so personally I am going to wait it out and hope for a better price. I do not think this will sell out immediately but that is the chance you take.
Agreed. I'm gonna wait it out for Vision and - even though he's not too high on most peep's lists - Thanos.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:56:17 PM   #50
Babs206

I might try that this time around and not pre order. Well see..... The Black Panther, Rogue, Brown Wolverine are all selling about their retail price if not lower, and they have been out for a while now. I think thats due to the sheer number they produced. (Cause their still great pieces!)

Hoping that happens with Vision
Babs206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 07:35:27 PM   #51
97thAcolyte

And Carnage is as well. But not Venom... It is worth waiting, I think. Not gunna get him, but it is an amazing statue. Good luck to all of you going for him.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 07:37:02 PM   #52
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Pre-ordered. 275$ Need me a Vision!
Old December 14th, 2016, 04:27:48 PM   #53
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Yeah...I rarely, if ever, pre-order. You can usually find them for cheaper after release, whether through discount or on the secondary market.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:30:15 PM   #54
QOBrien67

How do the Koto statues line up size wise and appearance wise next to Bowens in display? I know some of you must have some mixed collections.

Just an average every day guy, beating people up and buying nerd statues in his spare time.
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:16:58 PM   #55
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOBrien67 View Post
How do the Koto statues line up size wise and appearance wise next to Bowens in display? I know some of you must have some mixed collections.
The Koto Black Panther is noticeably bigger than Bowen scale. It looks as if the Vision will be too. Strategic displays can cut back on the size differential though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:40:56 AM   #56
Vecchio1
Statue Marvels Royalty

Collections section. Many examples.
Old April 7th, 2017, 08:35:16 PM   #57
statue-man
Statue Marvels Royalty

statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote