Help Support SM:

DC Comics Harley Quinn DC Comics Maquette
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
Spider-Man
General-Marvel Collectibles
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
Amazon Home Page

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS MARVEL COMICS STATUE & MINI BUSTS: DISCUSSION FORUM

Thread Starter TrueFaith Replies 391 Views 27995  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 9th, 2017, 02:15:05 AM   #361
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I know yore excited by the diorama (which is cool) but I love that Bowen Classic Sabretooth.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2017, 03:36:23 PM   #362
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck It View Post
^why're you canceling?

Scratch a grail off the list...already posted this on fb, but thought I'd share again. Very happy to have this one...shweet ass statue. SS Wolvie/Sabretooth dio.

I've always loved that piece. I'd find a place for it if I had the chance at one. Congrats!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:30:50 AM   #363
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks, BZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I know yore excited by the diorama (which is cool) but I love that Bowen Classic Sabretooth.
Same here, man. My first ever full statue and for good reason. Love that one. ...Weapon X is up there, too.
Puck It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 02:21:41 AM   #364
HedgeHog
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Default Museum Wax - residue?

Hi Puck It, regarding the museum wax: I have not tried it on bowen statues, but on ceramics it does not leave residue. It feels "sticky", like soft wax, but does not leave greasy residue, which is why museums use it for lots of stuff.
If you try it, ensure you only use as liitle as you need, this minimizes the potential of "contamination". Or, if you are worried, try it in a spot, on the bottom of a base for a week or two and then check. Hope this helps.

Quote:
^

Thanks...definitely looking into this. Does it leave any kind of residue behind?
HedgeHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 06:13:22 AM   #365
TrueFaith

Just keep the museum wax away from the statue numbering and especially any signatures or sketches.
Some waxes may contain solvents that can erase them over time.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 11:34:46 PM   #366
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.
Old July 28th, 2017, 11:12:02 AM   #367
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Just purchased the SDCC Exclusive matted prints of the origins of Captain America and Batman. Unfortunately they don't have the text on it but they are still nice. If anyone is interested, but them off of his website. Ebayers are trying to sell them for double the price.

Also recently bought one of those stack o comics Batman busts from Troy McDevitt. Pretty nice and hopefully will have pictures soon. Now just need to find someone nearby who can paint it.
Old August 9th, 2017, 07:24:55 PM   #368
97thAcolyte

Went on a short getaway this week, there was a Sci-Fi store on the beachfront. Kinda Accidentally bought a replica Longclaw sword from Game of Thrones... Gotta find somewhere to put it up now!
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:23:43 PM   #369
pg3wg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thAcolyte View Post
Went on a short getaway this week, there was a Sci-Fi store on the beachfront. Kinda Accidentally bought a replica Longclaw sword from Game of Thrones... Gotta find somewhere to put it up now!
Very cool. I would have s tough time walking away from that. I am looking for some metal shelving units to build in the basement to store the mountain of boxes I have down there. Also been chipping away at the final bust list. Picked up Sting ray, Unmasked Iron Man, and Firestar. I have about 66 total Bowen busts left that I don't own, but I doubt I will at least initially go for them.
pg3wg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 02:22:50 PM   #370
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
There's a hidden part of me that wishes I could collect replica swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg3wg3 View Post
Very cool. I would have s tough time walking away from that. I am looking for some metal shelving units to build in the basement to store the mountain of boxes I have down there. Also been chipping away at the final bust list. Picked up Sting ray, Unmasked Iron Man, and Firestar. I have about 66 total Bowen busts left that I don't own, but I doubt I will at least initially go for them.
Part of me wishes I had collected busts. Something very cool about having the entire Marvel Universe represented like that.
Old August 10th, 2017, 02:29:23 PM   #371
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
You plan on getting the Death Dealer axe or sword? They look great. The helmet and shield will be available as well, I plan on getting the shield.
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:21:53 PM   #372
97thAcolyte

Quote:
VERY cool. It's not limited edition or anything, but it was the best quality mass produced version I've seen, and I managed to talk the owner down a bit so got it for £90. Compared to a £300+ replica from Valyrian Steel, I'm happy!

Ahhhh, the box conundrum. I have to store mine somewhere and I barely have any... (The loft should be okay, right?) I dread to think about how many some of you guys with massive collections you have! Pg3wg3, you posted photos of those busts? I'd love to see it if not.

Any reason you're not going to finish off the collection, or just that they're not ones you like? How many have you got, do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
There's a hidden part of me that wishes I could collect replica swords.
They definitely add something different (and awesome) to a collection... But they're just as addictive as statues. xD

Quote:
You plan on getting the Death Dealer axe or sword? They look great. The helmet and shield will be available as well, I plan on getting the shield.
They are incredibly tempting, but for now I'm going to stick to Game of Thrones... For now.
Old August 10th, 2017, 11:15:38 PM   #373
pg3wg3

Quote:
Ahhhh, the box conundrum. I have to store mine somewhere and I barely have any... (The loft should be okay, right?) I dread to think about how many some of you guys with massive collections you have! Pg3wg3, you posted photos of those busts? I'd love to see it if not.

Any reason you're not going to finish off the collection, or just that they're not ones you like? How many have you got, do you think?
I only have maybe 50 or so displayed. I have 188 and am buying 42 in October from another former bust collector. I need to finish my basement to really display the collection. There are just about 10-15 that I don't care for and 3 that will be very difficult to acquire.

Collection pictures
http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=31418
pg3wg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:24:01 PM   #374
97thAcolyte

Quote:
I only have maybe 50 or so displayed. I have 188 and am buying 42 in October from another former bust collector. I need to finish my basement to really display the collection. There are just about 10-15 that I don't care for and 3 that will be very difficult to acquire.

Collection pictures
http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=31418
Ahh yeah, I remember now. That is a lot of busts... Fair play, that's impressive.

Put Longclaw up temporarily. I'd like to get the Jon Snow and Ghost statue by Dark Horse to display it with, and maybe a commission an art piece...

Last edited by 97thAcolyte; August 11th, 2017 at 06:29:11 PM..
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:41:19 PM   #375
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Awesome. Digging the plaque, too.
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:45:56 PM   #376
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Very nice. The Jon Snow statue would be perfect with it.
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:31:17 PM   #377
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Ahh yeah, I remember now. That is a lot of busts... Fair play, that's impressive.

Put Longclaw up temporarily. I'd like to get the Jon Snow and Ghost statue by Dark Horse to display it with, and maybe a commission an art piece...

Sweet! Yep, a Jon Snow AND Ghost statue would look excellent.

I've also added some pictures to my collection thread.
Old August 15th, 2017, 09:34:46 PM   #378
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

P.O.d Tweeterhead's Harley and Joker...on the fence with Bud and Lou... Speaking of...we should probably get a Tweeterhead section in here.
Old August 15th, 2017, 10:09:51 PM   #379
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
P.O.d Tweeterhead's Harley and Joker...on the fence with Bud and Lou... Speaking of...we should probably get a Tweeterhead section in here.
Good idea. I hope they do all upcoming DC statues to the same quality as Joker and Harley. Supes looks great and Steppenwolf will probably be awesome too. This could be the DC equivalent of Bowen's Marvel run.
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:41:18 AM   #380
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Good idea. I hope they do all upcoming DC statues to the same quality as Joker and Harley. Supes looks great and Steppenwolf will probably be awesome too. This could be the DC equivalent of Bowen's Marvel run.
Yeah, that's how it looks...I remember the owner, Chad I believe, said he took it to DC with the idea that they wanted to be the Bowen of DC. Me too, the detail on these is amazing.