Sideshow on eBay
DC Comics Harley Quinn DC Comics Maquette
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow Iron Man Mark III Maquette
Site Support
Bowen Statues
Spider-Man

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE WATER COOLER > MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/RADIO (NON COMIC RELATED)

Thread Starter Blindzider Replies 54 Views 2082  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old August 3rd, 2017, 08:08:37 PM   #21
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Cool, I'll read that later. Thanks.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:40:34 PM   #22
TrueFaith

Thanks to this week's hack of HBO, wonder no more if Arya Stark ever makes it back home to Winterfell.

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 03:39:58 PM   #23
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Episode 4

Episode 4

Holy crap this was an outstanding episode!

Loved seeing Arya nearly best Brienne! You could just see in his face, LittleFinger recalculating his plan and trying to figure out the best way to use Arya.

Loved the dragon attack! Attacking them in an open field away from civilians is what I said she should have done from the beginning. The dragon could easily have burned a large portion of the Lannister army. Bronn's one of my favorite characters and I hope he survives everything. And oh yeah, the dragon!

First signs of the Dany and Jon romance. Wonder how that's going to go over when they and everyone find out the two are related.

Does anyone think that LittleFinger has any chance at getting the throne? Think he'll just stir up trouble but then stumble at some point and be killed or removed?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:37:49 PM   #24
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Calling it now. Arya kills LittleFinger. Bronn takes a dirt nap, eventually. The Hound kills the Mountain but dies in Dragon fire (collateral damage). Jon and Dany "could" get it on because we all seem to be ok with Cersi and Jaime at this point, but Jaime will knock boots with Brienne. Too many possible deaths for Cersi to make a good guess. (All these are IMO)
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:49:21 PM   #25
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Calling it now. Arya kills LittleFinger. Bronn takes a dirt nap, eventually. The Hound kills the Mountain but dies in Dragon fire (collateral damage). Jon and Dany "could" get it on because we all seem to be ok with Cersi and Jaime at this point, but Jaime will knock boots with Brienne. Too many possible deaths for Cersi to make a good guess. (All these are IMO)
I agree with all of that.

The Hound needs to kill the Mountain to get closure, but I could see him dying, or, joining the Lords of Light followers.

After this last episode, I can see LF trying to manipulate Arya and she just has enough. He also helped orchestrate the initial attack on Bran, right? She might find that out as well.
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:42:32 PM   #26
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

If Cleganebowl does happen, I think that The Hound will have to burn The Mountain, in total going full circle style, as he's basically (?) a zombie now. BUT I don't think that is likely, seeing as they're practically different ends of the country.

Honestly think Jaime has had it, unless somebody with a very long pole can get to him very quickly which, given that this is GoT, seems unlikely.

Arya x Brienne spar was AMAZING to see. So, so cool. Would have liked it if Arya said Syrio Forel had taught her though, I miss that guy. How nice would it be if the Stark kids clubbed together and stabbed LF with the blade that started it all.

Dany chose the best option available to her, and it turned out SO well. I wonder if she'll bring the Tarly's back into her ranks, or possibly kill Randall and ask Dickon...?

Can't wait to see what happens next, easily the best episode so far.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:43:38 PM   #27
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

Hahaha Dickon!!

Bron is to funny to die.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:35:06 PM   #28
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Hahaha Dickon!!

Bron is to funny to die.

Bron is such a great character. He'll muddle on through, I hope.
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:48:03 PM   #29
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

I hope we get the Bron vs The Hound match we were teased with a few seasons ago.
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:20:59 AM   #30
TrueFaith

I believe that Jon Snow revealing himself to be of Targaryen blood last night by touching Drogon without being incinerated - and Drogon's reaction to his touch - was perhaps my favorite scene in the entire series thus far.
Oh and I won't spoil things for anyone, but the recent HBO hack is so extensive that actual scenes and scrip for the season finale are out in the wild.
I found myself led into seeing one of those hacked production stills by accident yesterday. It was only a close-up of a White Walker's eye, but when I realized exactly WHO that eye now belonged to, it sent an incredible chill up my spine and made me audibly GASP at my computer. I think it may well have been from the final scene cliffhanger of this season.
All I will say is we are in for one hell of a season finale, folks!
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:14:53 AM   #31
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I believe that Jon Snow revealing himself to be of Targaryen blood last night by touching Drogon without being incinerated - and Drogon's reaction to his touch - was perhaps my favorite scene in the entire series thus far.
Oh and I won't spoil things for anyone, but the recent HBO hack is so extensive that actual scenes and scrip for the season finale are out in the wild.
I found myself led into seeing one of those hacked production stills by accident yesterday. It was only a close-up of a White Walker's eye, but when I realized exactly WHO that eye now belonged to, it sent an incredible chill up my spine and made me audibly GASP at my computer. I think it may well have been from the final scene cliffhanger of this season.
All I will say is we are in for one hell of a season finale, folks!
Yeah, it's a shame about the leaks and I think I read HBO is making them an offer. They are probably hoping to hold them in negotiations at least until the end of this season of GOT.

Yeah, that scene with Jon was cool. I'm curious if Dany thinks "Oh my kids like him so he'll be a great dad!" or "That's strange, maybe he has some of my bloodline."

Very happy to see Sam stand up for himself. I thought sure after his message about Dragonstone he would just sit there for the rest of the series.

Surprised about them bringing back Gendry. Seems to be another possible contender but perhaps a red herring.

And that was Gilly confirming Jon's parents were married right?

Very excited and pumped seeing the team head into the North at the end of the episode.

Can someone confirm what the scroll said that Arya found? I'm guessing Littlefinger is setting her up because she's too dangerous?

Anybody think Sansa will turn on Jon?
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:04:47 PM   #32
TrueFaith

The raven's scroll that Arya found was the one Cersei made Sansa send in Season 1 extolling all in the North to bend the knee to King Joffrey in a desperate (and failed) attempt to save her father Ned.
Littlefinger sees any developing bond between Arya and Sansa as a threat to his attempts to control Sansa, so he's muddying the waters to try and drive a wedge between them.
I thought the scenes of Dany and Jorah reuniting were so satisfying, but doesn't it drive you nuts that he doesn't think to mention to Jon that Samwell cured him at the Citadel? Just like the way Samwell was too preoccupied to hear Gilly reveal the secret marriage between Rheygar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. I think it's almost a given that Samwell will become one of the most heroic characters in the show eventually and his departure from the Citadel is an early indication that his story arc is about to become much more prominent.
This show really messes with you at times, the way that the characters themselves have no idea how interconnected their lives are.
I don't think Sansa will betray Jon, but the writers definitely want you to know she's thinking about it.
And don't forget that Tyrion also survived being in close proximity to a dragon. There's definitely some Targaryen blood running through his veins as well.
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:52:36 PM   #33
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
The raven's scroll that Arya found was the one Cersei made her send in Season 1 extolling all in the North to bend the knee to King Joffrey in a desperate (and failed) attempt to save her father Ned.
Littlefinger sees any developing bond between Arya and Sansa as a threat to his attempts to control Sansa, so he's muddying the waters to try and drive a wedge between them.
I thought the scenes of Dany and Jorah reuniting were so satisfying, but doesn't it drive you nuts that he doesn't think to mention to Jon that Samwell cured him at the Citadel? Just like the way Samwell was too preoccupied to hear Gilly reveal the secret marriage between Rheygar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. I think it's almost a given that Samwell will become one of the most heroic characters in the show eventually and his departure from the Citadel is an early indication that his story arc is about to become much more prominent.
This show really messes with you at times, the way that the characters themselves have no idea how interconnected their lives are.
I don't think Sansa will betray Jon, but the writers definitely want you to know she's thinking about it.
And don't forget that Tyrion also survived being in close proximity to a dragon. There's definitely some Targaryen blood running through his veins as well.
Thanks for clarifying the scroll. I think your assessment of LF is correct.

Yes, you would have thought Jorah would have said something to Jon about Sam. At least somebody should have said "how did you get cured from this disease that everyone feared and thought was forever"?

I'm going to need more before I agree about Tyrion having Targaryen blood.

Surprised about Cersei's revelation, which was clearly to manipulate Jaime. I question whether it is real or not.

Last edited by Blindzider; August 22nd, 2017 at 02:47:05 PM..
Old August 16th, 2017, 06:44:48 PM   #34
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Thanks for clarifying the scroll. I think you are assessment of LF is correct.

Yes, you would have thought Jorah would have said something to Jon about Sam. At least somebody should have said "how did you get cured from this disease that everyone feared and thought was forever"?

I'm going to need more before I agree about Tyrion having Targaryen blood.

Surprised about Cersei's revelation, which was clearly to manipulate Jaime. I question whether it is real or not.
My only hope is that he'll mention it later. There was way too much tease this episode. D:

Tyrion Targaryen theory really does have evidence behind it. More so in the books, but there have been hints in the show too.

I reckon it is real, or at least Cersei believes it is. But how long will it last? Maggy the Frog's prophecy said she would have 3 children, and all would die. "...three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"" The rest of her prophecy has been spot on so far...

Last edited by 97thAcolyte; August 16th, 2017 at 06:47:44 PM..
Old August 22nd, 2017, 02:50:51 PM   #35
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Episode 6

Aside from the unrealistic timing of the end sequence, that was a pretty tense and exciting ending. Running back to the wall, sending the raven, flying the dragons up there, all of that definitely fudged the time (which the director admits.)

Night King has a dragon now. I'm hoping for it spewing ice, like Mr. Freeze's gun.

Anybody else want a flaming sword?
Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:44:13 PM   #36
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty

I did not mind the fast travel. Things need to be hurried along. We have 1 episode and 1 season left.

Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 01:53:39 PM   #37
97thAcolyte

Yeah, fast travel doesn't bother me either. What does is that Gendry lost his hammer.

Great episode though, really was. I feel like it really highlighted the fact that we're past RR's books now. The fact that only the 'redshirts' and none of the main group, save Thoros, died out there seems a bit too good to be true. Sad that Thoros is gone, I feel like he could have had some more really good scenes in him with that group... Excited that The Hound is now on his was to King's Landing though. If these talks don't go well, we could be in for Cleganebowl to round out the season.

Arya and Sansa drama seems a bit weird to be honest. Chill it with the family drama, just be happy you're back together after so long. I really don't think either of them could have survived if they swapped places, so accept that you have your differences and move on. Sending Brienne away so she can't protect Arya seems like a really stupid move on Sansa's part, because now she can't protect Sansa either... Somebody needs to kill Littlefinger already, or at least stop people listening to him.

Excited to see how it ends... But also dreading it.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 02:46:41 PM   #38
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thAcolyte View Post
Yeah, fast travel doesn't bother me either. What does is that Gendry lost his hammer.

Great episode though, really was. I feel like it really highlighted the fact that we're past RR's books now. The fact that only the 'redshirts' and none of the main group, save Thoros, died out there seems a bit too good to be true. Sad that Thoros is gone, I feel like he could have had some more really good scenes in him with that group... Excited that The Hound is now on his was to King's Landing though. If these talks don't go well, we could be in for Cleganebowl to round out the season.

Arya and Sansa drama seems a bit weird to be honest. Chill it with the family drama, just be happy you're back together after so long. I really don't think either of them could have survived if they swapped places, so accept that you have your differences and move on. Sending Brienne away so she can't protect Arya seems like a really stupid move on Sansa's part, because now she can't protect Sansa either... Somebody needs to kill Littlefinger already, or at least stop people listening to him.

Excited to see how it ends... But also dreading it.
The fast travel didn't bother me, just something of note, as was Jon not dying of hypothermia after somehow climbing out of the icy water. Glad they tied up the thread with his Uncle, but kind of sad he couldn't stay around.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the Arya and Sansa thing is going. Arya is being a little too harsh on Sansa IMO. I'm really hoping that Arya knows what Littlefinger is doing and has an alternate plan which results in her killing LF. I would feel devastated if Arya ends up killing Sansa because of LF, really tarnishing her character after her long journey.

Agreed sending Brienne away was a stupid move. Starting to make me think Sansa isn't going to make it.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:50:20 PM   #39
TrueFaith

I dunno, I'm getting a little worried.
One of the show's production people just alluded in an interview the other day that either Arya or Sansa is going to die by the end of the show.
It could be hogwash or mis-direction, which the show is famous for, but considering just how many people Arya has murdered....
I mean can you see her getting married, having babies and living happily ever after?
I can't.
It's almost like she can't finish out this murderous rage of hers without becoming a victim of it eventually.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 11:40:29 PM   #40
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

No way True, Arya lives! I hope. I don't see that she has murdered anyone, she kills people who are evil, sort of a medieval Punisher. I hope the Hound lives but he probably won't, he'll die doing something noble.