Amazon Home Page
Sideshow Collectibles Thanos on Throne Maquette
Bowen Statues
Sideshow Iron Man Mark III Maquette
Spider-Man
Site Support
XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > OTHER STATUE FORUM > AURORA & Other Cool MODELS

Thread Starter SimonWilliams Replies 332 Views 63595  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old November 13th, 2016, 08:39:38 PM   #321
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Update November 12, 2016 - Starting on Pachy

The next piece that has to be put in is the Pachycepholasaurus. For that one, I also built a custom base that interlocks. But first, I was lucky enough to get a set of these trees from one of our Facebook members. They are 3d printed and totally awesome. Cannot wait to add these to the swamp diorama.

And now, here's Pachy. He's looking good. Have made a lot of progress on him and the base paints are basically done. Now it's all about the details and tones.

That's where he is right now. I expect that I will finish him off in a week or so and be able to post a set of shots showing all three connected! Then it will be on to Phase II of the swamp diorama. Lots of water and plants! Plus a few big surprises!

Man it's good to be back! I was spending too much time being a responsible adult.
SimonWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2016, 05:12:04 PM   #322
Malinkh
Statue Marvels Hatchling

I know about the responsible adult thing.... I get a couple days here and there to work on my various model projects I have in progress....

I really like how your Jungle Swamp enlarged diorama is coming out. It all fits together very seamlessly. I especially like how you get your water ponds to look so natural. Excellent work!!!

Right now I am working on painting my Spinosaurus as part of the three part base of the Trachodon (completed), T-Rex, and Spinosaurus (in progress). I have the main colors on the dino, but overall I think it still needs something to tie in the color scheme that I've chosen for it. I am making good progress on it. I'll post some pictures when I'm done with it on the PS Society page and the PS forum.

Keep up the great work Simon!
Malinkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:31:32 PM   #323
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Update December 16, 2016 - Pachy Finished - Swamp Diorama Phase I Complete!

Finally getting a handle on the new job after 90 days and have returned to my workbench. To kick it off, here is my complete Pachysepholasaurus build, with that, Phase I of the swamp diorama is completed too! I will be moving on to Phase II after the first of the year. This part will incorporate some of the great pieces I've acquired by not had a chance to build just yet.

This was fun to build and a truly great kit. Looking forward to building up more of the releases from AroarA and Prehistorix to compliment my classic P/S kits!
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:47:35 PM   #324
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

I just posted a link to this thread on our new FB group! Your latest pics are incredible!

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 11:58:50 PM   #325
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
I just posted a link to this thread on our new FB group! Your latest pics are incredible!

Thanks Al! I was going to post a few of my statue conversions on that page as well. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Saw you put the Perez Wonderman out there too. I appreciate you putting my work on there. Much appreciated!
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:59:16 AM   #326
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonWilliams View Post
Thanks Al! I was going to post a few of my statue conversions on that page as well. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Saw you put the Perez Wonderman out there too. I appreciate you putting my work on there. Much appreciated!
I appreciate you posting your work here. You are a great contributor & are much appreciated!
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:46:03 PM   #327
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default New Project - January 17 2017 - Swamp Phase II

Taking a quick break from working on my latest statue conversion effort while I work out some technical details on it.

So with great excitement, I am starting on the next phase of my giant swamp project.

Taking my original Dimetrodon (aka Sail Back Reptile) from my childhood and going to restore him. He's still in great shape but can use a refresh. Adding in the Preshistorix Deluxe Sail Back Reptile expansion kit and their companion Baryonyx kit. Plus, I've accumulated many spare swamp parts and some custom 3D printed prehistoric scenes add-on plants. This will be the next expansion of my last swamp 3 part effort. There's a long way to go, but this is going to be awesome when it's done!

Estimating about 1-2 months to get this one done. It's not a complicated build but there's lots of painting! I may build a few custom features too!
Old March 4th, 2017, 05:44:35 PM   #328
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Coming tomorrow! New updates!

Sorry for the long delay between postings, but 2017 is off to a strange start for me. Lot's of goods and a lot of tough stuff too. On balance it's all great, but wow! All I can say is please make every effort to let those you love know as much every day. Life can turn on a dime and you never know what day will change your life in an instant. I've just been through a series of things that reminds me how precious every moment of life really is and how much we tend to take it for granted. Go boldly into each day!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled model building.
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:10:50 PM   #329
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Update - March 26, 2017

Amazing how life can twist and turn folks. In the first 3 months of this year, I have had more changes in my life than in the past 15 years combined. Through it all, I keep coming back to my Prehistoric Scenes because it's the one place life makes sense anymore.

After too long, here is a long update on the next phase of my swamp diorama. Stripped down the Dimetrodon to original paint.

Primed up the Baryonyx.

Started putting Dimetrodon back together and primed him too.

Next up comes the paint schemes and diorama details.
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:17:34 PM   #330
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Update #2 - March 26, 2017

Now I have to start the detail work. That means paint schemes!

Possible Baryonyx paint schemes...

Possible Dimetrodon paint schemes...

I was a little bit nervous starting up again. I haven't painted in several months. So I started with just the bases and rocks to get my confidence back.

Then I started looking for areas to add detail like in the Baryonyx mouth.

After a little practice, I think I got it back pretty quick. Here is Baryonyx as of tonight.

Happy to be back at it. Bought myself my first airbrush this week. Practiced a little bit on other stuff but will be adding it to my work here soon.
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:30:52 PM   #331
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty

Looking really good
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 11:43:26 PM   #332
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default June 25, 2017 - The Return!!!!

Finally back at the workbench! New upgraded work area and I can work on multiple projects at the same time!

Starting Pteranodon Ridge after a long delay due to space limitations now solved. Heavily modifying this one to be in flight mode. Lots of cutting and custom work ahead.

Now just 14 more to go, a seaside cliff to build and some sea dinosaurs as well!

I will be posting more updates later this week and a new look at the swamp diorama as well!
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:04:10 PM   #333
SimonWilliams
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Update August 2 2017 - Completed Pteranodon!

This has been quite an effort. It took me about a month to engineer, build and paint this one. Plus, I made a last minute decision to make it a part of a previous diorama. But, I am stoked about how it turned out.

Got the basic build done pretty quick.

Then came the base.

At which point, I decided to take it up a notch.

Once I was happy (not to mention surprised) at the results, I started the painting. So much painting......

But here is the finished result!

Super pleased with this. Now that I know it can be done, I'm more confident in my ability to build Pteranodon Ridge! Stay tuned! More to come!