Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles
XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
Site Support
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > COMIC CON GALLERIES & INFO

Thread Starter Hellsbells51 Replies 56 Views 12616  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:56:10 PM   #41
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

You're welcome fellas! Wish I would have taken more pics and even videos to put you all in the experience...I'll see if I have more pics tonight. There's so much I missed taking pics of...sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Hellsbells, thanks for the pics! That Gladiator was one of my first statues. It is a great piece, and quite hefty. It is neat to see those signed prototypes.

My concerns about the difficulty of displaying that Thor is the only reason I haven't bought it already. Do you have a rough idea of how long this statue is -- from the front of the strike-down to the end of his cape?
I would say it's between 15-20 inches in length (from front of rocks on base to the end of his cape), but that's a rough guestimate. The statue is going to be very difficult to display, but it's too nice not to buy and work your display around it.

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread

Last edited by Hellsbells51; July 23rd, 2013 at 04:20:13 PM..
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:24:59 PM   #42
Warpath
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I would say it's between 15-20 inches in length (from front of rocks on base to the end of his cape), but that's a rough guestimate. The statue is going to be very difficult to display, but it's too nice not to buy and work your display around it.
Thanks for the estimate! That is kind of what I was ball-parking too, which is unfortunate (for me). I keep everything in cabinets, so I don't think I can work around the size of this piece. Ultimately, it isn't a big loss because I am really happy with the Thor I already own. Bowen makes a Thor for everbody!
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:40:23 PM   #43
MaseWiN
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

When is that Juggernaut up for order? Hope I didn't miss it lol.
That wolverine looks cool.
MaseWiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:56:09 PM   #44
Jroug

That Man-Thing is from an early Mike Ploog issue of the original Man-Thing run (#5, Night of the Laughing Dead). Great statue, but HUGE - even as a die-hard 70's Marvel Monsters fan, I cannot see myself spending the cash / surrendering the space for it. Took major balls to make it, though!

Missed that Deadpool myself, but looks like a weak sculpting job, over-bulked figure and bad interpretation of the costume - is the black part some kind of shirt that goes over the red bodysuit? Wha?

Deadpool is my second fave character after Spidey and while I'm a die-hard collector I'm not even sure I will pop for the SS 1:4 scale fig (off-balance pose is bumming me out), this one is an easy pass. Fave DP in this scale so far is the unofficial Simone Bianchi piece.

I love Bowen scale, have a few 1:4 figs, but can't rationalize more because of the huge amount of space they take up. I live in three story house with three whole rooms dedicated to my toys & comics - and i still have nowhere to put these things! Do you guys live in megamansions or what?

A couple of things that aren't shown here and are statue-y/made my SDCC are a 1:6 scale YM-3 Lost In Space Robot kit that's coming next year. Wish it was a figure, but after waiting 40 years for this scale, I'm not going to gripe. Also a great Mego Scale fully sculpted / articulated Creature FT Black lagoon from Diamond Select. As someone who had the AHI as a kid, this is long overdue.

Hot Toys stole the show for me - can't wait for the Batman 66 figures to fulfill another lifelong dream.
Jroug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:14:37 PM   #45
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

any idea how much those iron man super alloy figures will be? probably way to much. The only problem I have with that Thor is he's looking down and you can't see his face, to do so you have to display him above your head.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:23:42 PM   #46
MutantXavier
Statue Marvels Royalty

Good stuff!! Im glad i ordered that strike down thor!!! Koto supes will be mine!!!

:::WAITLISTS from the 90s:::

Colossus
Gambit
Jubilee
Dazzler
Havok
MutantXavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:40:31 PM   #47
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossiblepie View Post
any idea how much those iron man super alloy figures will be? probably way to much. The only problem I have with that Thor is he's looking down and you can't see his face, to do so you have to display him above your head.
Just saw the price of the Batman 1:6 super alloy for $270!? So yeah, those 1:4 IM's might be way too much!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:49:56 PM   #48
JoeMaggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Onto some of the females!!! Sorry...wish I had more time to stop females, but I was with my two boys. Here's the few I got:
All I'm thinking is... "Booba Fett"

Last edited by JoeMaggio; July 31st, 2013 at 11:53:37 PM..
JoeMaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:18:59 AM   #49
Django
Statue Marvels Royalty

[QUOTE=Hellsbells51;536740]Onto some of the females!!! Sorry...wish I had more time to stop females, but I was with my two boys. Here's the few I got:

Kitty Pride

Booty shot!

I wanted to comment on the SDCC items, but my brain stopped working after these shots ...

The "D" is silent...
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:42:25 AM   #50
meteorman69
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks for the pics!
Wish I could have gone but that trip would cost me thousands$$$ in air travel and hotel costs alone!!!.

sigh... Mo' money for statues I guess.

Good thing I am limiting myself mainly to Bowen statues...
WOW! Some nice stuff from the other studios.
meteorman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:11:41 PM   #51
rickyboy1984

Thank you for sharing the cool pics mr hellsbells,

It was my first time there and I got to say it was awesome. I enjoyed the statues, exhibits, the games, the art work, and the cosplay! The only bummer was that it was so packed, that I couldn't walk freely anywhere. I found my self stuck in a aisle for about 20 min bumping into someone every 5 secs. And that was on a Sunday, I could imagine a Fri or Sat! But I guess that is part of the experience. I would also like to contribute on some pics as well...

rickyboy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:46:42 PM   #52
F.O.O.M.

[QUOTE=Jroug;538218]That Man-Thing is from an early Mike Ploog issue of the original Man-Thing run (#5, Night of the Laughing Dead). Great statue, but HUGE - even as a die-hard 70's Marvel Monsters fan, I cannot see myself spending the cash / surrendering the space for it. Took major balls to make it, though!

Any idea size wise how huge Manny is and more importantly, price...?
Is it made by Gentle Giant?
F.O.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:23:36 AM   #53
F.O.O.M.

Kitty Pride

Booty shot!

I wanted to comment on the SDCC items, but my brain stopped working after these shots ...[/QUOTE]

That's funny, my brain did exactly the same, isn't that weird...? :

Last edited by F.O.O.M.; August 2nd, 2013 at 09:25:56 AM..
F.O.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:32:40 PM   #54
PowerHerc

Wow! That is a lot of nice stuff!
PowerHerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:41:20 PM   #55
bigscore

[QUOTE=rickyboy1984;538364]Thank you for sharing the cool pics mr hellsbells,

It was my first time there and I got to say it was awesome. I enjoyed the statues, exhibits, the games, the art work, and the cosplay! The only bummer was that it was so packed, that I couldn't walk freely anywhere. I found my self stuck in a aisle for about 20 min bumping into someone every 5 secs. And that was on a Sunday, I could imagine a Fri or Sat! But I guess that is part of the experience. I would also like to contribute on some pics as well...

Super Girl!!!!
bigscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:44:02 PM   #56
bigscore

Any more info on this....??

bigscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:16:11 PM   #57
impossiblepie
Statue Marvels Royalty

Those super alloy figures are really nice, but they are are expensive.
impossiblepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic con, san diego, sdcc