STATUE   M A R V E L S STATUE   M A R V E L S  

Help Support SM:

General-Marvel Collectibles
Amazon Home Page
Spider-Man
Site Support
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE WATER COOLER > MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/RADIO (NON COMIC RELATED)

Reply
Thread Starter Blindzider Replies 54 Views 3798  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:29:05 AM   #1
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Blindzider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salem Center, Westchester County, NY
Posts: 5,715
Default Game of Thrones Season 7 with Spoilers (no book spoilers please)

This thread is to discuss Season 7 of Game of Thrones. Please no spoilers that may have originated from books.

What do you predict will happen?

Who will gain the throne?


-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:31:27 AM   #2
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Blindzider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salem Center, Westchester County, NY
Posts: 5,715
Default

I predict Jamie will end up killing Cersei. He's beginning to see how crazy she is and he is the Kingslayer.

I hope and suspect there will be a final conflict between The Hound and The Mountain, to give the Hound his closure and full character arc.

I think John Snow will die and Sansa will remain Queen of the North, but Daenarys will still be Queen of the 7 kingdoms.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:57:54 AM   #3
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: little rock, arkansas
Posts: 2,864
Default

I heard something about three rulers being the "three headed dragon" that is Daenarys' symbol. Her, Snow and someone else. I haven't read any of the books so maybe that's BS. I would like to see the Hound beat the Mountain, that would be an epic match.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:04:15 PM   #4
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Blindzider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salem Center, Westchester County, NY
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I heard something about three rulers being the "three headed dragon" that is Daenarys' symbol. Her, Snow and someone else. I haven't read any of the books so maybe that's BS. I would like to see the Hound beat the Mountain, that would be an epic match.
Yeah, we're all assuming there will be just one ruler. Maybe they divide everything up? For some reason I just don't think John will rule. He doesn't want it, and if he doesn't die I think he'll just live peacefully somewhere.

Part of me also thinks that Sansa will kill Little Finger. He's too dangerous to be running around.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 01:48:06 PM   #5
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter
 
97thAcolyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 473
Default

The three headed dragon theory is Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion, and it is a cool idea... But I won't go into that as it's a theory. (Anyone who is interested this is a cool video: https://youtu.be/eqVhKOxmJCw)

I reckon Littlefinger will pull something, and he will end up being killed either by Sansa or Brienne... Or Lord Royce, which would be cool after Littlefinger's antics in The Vale.

Dany and Tyrion will find out that Jon died and might even come round to his way of thinking(/be forced to be allies after Dany has basically now lost all hers save the Dothraki) And let him leave to go defend the North (hopefully after some hinting about his real parents/family!)

The Brotherhood without Banners will reach the North just as Jon Snow gets back from Dragonstone with the Dragonglass, and will tell Jon about the Hound's vision, prompting those scenes from the trailers.

Bran will meet Jon at Winterfell, and tell him about his parents. OR Bran will tell somebody else and Jon ends up not being trusted by the north and Sansa get made Queen in the North.

I hope Cersei dies - Jaime is now most likely to kill her (Not Tyrion) and that shot from Ep.2(?) when they were stood on the map together is way too suggestive to be coincidence. She was stood on The Neck, and Jaime was stood on The Fingers. But having said that, she'll probably 'win' this season and kill a dragon in the process.

The season will end with the Walkers getting through, over or around the wall, and set everything up for the start of the end in the last season.

How badass was Olenna in Ep. 3 though?! Damn. She is genuinely one of the best characters...
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:18:06 PM   #6
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
sash501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 4,532
Default

No book spoilers . . . if only it were even possible. Still shocked that Martin hasn't died of a heart attack, and will always be disappointed that what I have spent so much time reading . . . will be concluded by me watching a TV show.


Sash's Bowen Collection Thread

If you see the collection thread in new posts, it's because new pics have been added.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:01:44 PM   #7
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Blindzider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salem Center, Westchester County, NY
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thAcolyte View Post
The three headed dragon theory is Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion, and it is a cool idea... But I won't go into that as it's a theory. (Anyone who is interested this is a cool video: https://youtu.be/eqVhKOxmJCw)

I reckon Littlefinger will pull something, and he will end up being killed either by Sansa or Brienne... Or Lord Royce, which would be cool after Littlefinger's antics in The Vale.

Dany and Tyrion will find out that Jon died and might even come round to his way of thinking(/be forced to be allies after Dany has basically now lost all hers save the Dothraki) And let him leave to go defend the North (hopefully after some hinting about his real parents/family!)

The Brotherhood without Banners will reach the North just as Jon Snow gets back from Dragonstone with the Dragonglass, and will tell Jon about the Hound's vision, prompting those scenes from the trailers.

Bran will meet Jon at Winterfell, and tell him about his parents. OR Bran will tell somebody else and Jon ends up not being trusted by the north and Sansa get made Queen in the North.

I hope Cersei dies - Jaime is now most likely to kill her (Not Tyrion) and that shot from Ep.2(?) when they were stood on the map together is way too suggestive to be coincidence. She was stood on The Neck, and Jaime was stood on The Fingers. But having said that, she'll probably 'win' this season and kill a dragon in the process.

The season will end with the Walkers getting through, over or around the wall, and set everything up for the start of the end in the last season.

How badass was Olenna in Ep. 3 though?! Damn. She is genuinely one of the best characters...

Yes, Olenna is awesome! I fully suspected she would have some last jab.

Nice catch on the map with Cersei and Jaime!

That's something else I can't figure out of how they fit in: the Brotherhood without Banners and the Lord of Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
No book spoilers . . . if only it were even possible. Still shocked that Martin hasn't died of a heart attack, and will always be disappointed that what I have spent so much time reading . . . will be concluded by me watching a TV show.
Yeah, I just didn't know if something was explained in a previous book that hadn't been revealed yet on the show.

Awhile ago I decided I'm not reading a book series until it is complete. As an example, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, he's not even going to finish it now, somebody else will. That's really unfair to the people that supported it early on. At least with GOT, Martin is still dedicated to it and feels the need to finish it (according to some of his latest quotes.)
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:31:31 PM   #8
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Quilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
No book spoilers . . . if only it were even possible. Still shocked that Martin hasn't died of a heart attack, and will always be disappointed that what I have spent so much time reading . . . will be concluded by me watching a TV show.
same, damn R.R.

This season has been excellent so far. Everything is starting to fall into place and it is very satisfying to watch. There are so many theories that I try not to pay to much attention and just enjoy the show.

Last edited by Quilon; August 1st, 2017 at 04:34:18 PM..
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 07:56:07 PM   #9
TrueFaith
Moderator
 
TrueFaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Bay State, USA
Posts: 11,956
Default

I love how Jon was more impressed by Dany's dragons than his own resurrection...lol.
It's impossible to include book spoilers, since the series is starting to go beyond what George R. R. Martin has written to this point.
I've always thought that Jon Snow's father will be revealed to be Rhaegar Targaryen (no spoiler since the events at the Tourney at Harrenhal and his interactions with Lyanna Stark were already recounted by Littlefinger in the series).
This leaves Jon Snow as the only true living legitimate claimant to the Iron Throne, since gender takes precedence over the claim of Rhaegar's sister (and Jon's aunt) Daenerys.
The "bastard" becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms. Very poetic.
However this is George R. R. Martin, so it wouldn't surprise me if soon after achieving the Iron Throne, Jon either abdicates it to return to the North as Dany's warden, or (more likely) is killed in an act so unexpected and treacherous that it will make his previous death at Castle Black look tame.
We obviously can't have any kind of happy ending to all this with George R. R. Martin in charge.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 08:14:03 PM   #10
Mister H
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: little rock, arkansas
Posts: 2,864
Default

Yeah Martin will yank the rug from under you, but if Arya dies, I'll be thoroughly pissed.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 07:28:17 AM   #11
TrueFaith
Moderator
 
TrueFaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Bay State, USA
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah Martin will yank the rug from under you, but if Arya dies, I'll be thoroughly pissed.
I think Arya is relatively "safe", since they're putting an awful lot of effort into her journey back to Winterfell. If there is any "happy ending" in store at all I think it will be Arya reuniting with Sansa and Bran before the real carnage begins.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:47:02 PM   #12
Quilon
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Quilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I think Arya is relatively "safe", since they're putting an awful lot of effort into her journey back to Winterfell. If there is any "happy ending" in store at all I think it will be Arya reuniting with Sansa and Bran before the real carnage begins.
If she is going back to Winterfell.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:23:18 PM   #13
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
sash501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 4,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post

Awhile ago I decided I'm not reading a book series until it is complete. As an example, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, he's not even going to finish it now, somebody else will. That's really unfair to the people that supported it early on. At least with GOT, Martin is still dedicated to it and feels the need to finish it (according to some of his latest quotes.)
Thanks!! I didn't know that and finished the first book about six months ago . . . now I can read something else and save myself a lot of time.

The first Wheel of Time book ended up OK with some imaginative ideas, but the first 1/3 was a bit rough in that it was pretty much lord of the rings beat for beat IMO
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:39:55 PM   #14
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
mmk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,204
Default

I know so many people who watch this but I have this weird thing about watching any type of period piece shows because I just think that there was no such thing as deodorant back then and bathing really did not happen that often and everyone would have had a really bad body funk to them.


Hoping for a Phase 6 with FS Statues of the following

  • Moondragon
  • Mantis
  • Wonder Man (in the Perez Designed costume)
  • Havok (need a new one in his classic costume because the existing one is too expensive on Ebay)
  • The Red Guardian (The Defenders member-this one is a longshot)
  • and a REALLY GOOD Phoenix Museum pose
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 07:19:59 PM   #15
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Blindzider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salem Center, Westchester County, NY
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I know so many people who watch this but I have this weird thing about watching any type of period piece shows because I just think that there was no such thing as deodorant back then and bathing really did not happen that often and everyone would have had a really bad body funk to them.
They smelled but the ladies had perfect makeup! And lots of perfume.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 07:23:40 PM   #16
TrueFaith
Moderator
 
TrueFaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Bay State, USA
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
If she is going back to Winterfell.
You don't think she'd LIE to Nymeria, do you?

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:36:37 PM   #17
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter
 
97thAcolyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 473
Default

That scene was SO good. "That's not you" Arya has been a definite highlight of the season so far. I reckon she will definitely try to go to Winterfell... Whether she makes it there is another question. It would be cool if she meets up with the Brotherhood Without Banners; they are both heading north after all. The Hound/Arya reunion would be awesome to watch seeing as they've almost switched roles now...

Generally, I feel like the TV series has had a very different feel these last two seasons, since they've overtaken the books. At this point, is it really the same thing? There's a decent amount that has been changed/not happened at all, so is it even going the same places?

Last edited by 97thAcolyte; August 2nd, 2017 at 09:38:52 PM..
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:37:29 PM   #18
mmk123
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
mmk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
They smelled but the ladies had perfect makeup! And lots of perfume.
not even the strongest perfume will cover up bad body funk
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:12:15 AM   #19
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty
 
Puck It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
not even the strongest perfume will cover up bad body funk
Yeah...I think about that, too. That said, if they're all dirty all the time would they be able tell?


I haven't been keeping up on the book stuff...is he planning to have it follow the show or take it in a different direction?
Puck It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 07:08:45 AM   #20
TrueFaith
Moderator
 
TrueFaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Bay State, USA
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck It View Post
...is he planning to have it follow the show or take it in a different direction?
This is the latest I've read on that score, but with Martin things are never set in stone on any level.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...targaryen-2017
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Copyright 2008 - statuemarvels.com