Help Support SM:

Spider-Man
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles
Sideshow on eBay
Site Support

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE WATER COOLER > GENERAL DISCUSSION THREADS at JOSIE'S BAR

Thread Starter TrueFaith Replies 4 Views 4098  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 20th, 2017, 09:27:55 PM   #1
TrueFaith

Default RIP Chester Bennington

In this farewell
There's no blood
There's no alibi
'Cause I've drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

So let mercy come
And wash away
What I've done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty

I'll face myself
To cross out what I've become
Erase myself
And let go of what I've done
For what I've done

I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I'm forgiving what I've done

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:00:39 AM   #2
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

I was totally shocked when I read about his death, being a huge fan of their first couple albums. He really had a tremendous talent and could sing a variety of songs. Apparently he has battled depression in the past and was close friends with Chris Cornell which he took pretty hard. It's a shame he didn't look for help since he left a wife and 6 kids.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a copy of my photo book! Details HERE.

Statue Marvels Threads:
Statue Photography | Collection Room

Blindzider Photography: Superheroes | Statues | Art
Buy @ Pixels | Follow @ Flickr | Like @ Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:19:04 AM   #3
TrueFaith

Well at least you're not castigating him for leaving a wife and 6 kids, which I've heard some people do and it drives me nuts.
If you're battling depression at the level where you even consider taking your own life, why is it so hard for some people to understand that very many of these people believe that the family members they leave behind are actually better off without them?
I didn't get into Linkin Park and other "nu-metal" (or whatever the hell you want to call it) bands until I was almost 60 years old. Chester's explosive voice really rattled my cage after not hearing anything that fresh for decades and I became a huge fan. When I heard the news on the radio standing outside my car last week, it literally brought me to my knees onto the hard asphalt of the parking lot. The people I was with who hadn't heard what I had thought I was having a heart attack or something and it took several minutes to compose myself. When I explained what caused it their faces became just as white as mine.
I really don't know anyone who WASN'T a huge fan of Chester's. His loss coming so close on the heels of his friend (and another favorite voice) Chris Cornell was really hard to take, especially coming on what would have been Chris' 53rd birthday.
Old July 26th, 2017, 01:44:07 PM   #4
Blindzider
Statue Marvels Royalty

This country (and much of the world) simply doesn't understand mental health. There's such a long road ahead to educate the public and get rid of all of the stigmas.

BTW, if you haven't heard of them try the band Rise Against. Depending on your political views some of their lyrics may bother you, but hardly anyone has a sound like them (and LP) anymore.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 07:58:54 PM   #5
TrueFaith

Ooooo.....I like those guys. Just caught a few vids of theirs on YouTube and they're right up my alley. I'm a big fan of anthem-y hardcore and this seems like a band that wears it's influences on it's sleeve. Thanks for the tip, Joe.
And yeah, this country has always done a disservice to people suffering from mental illness and depression. We don't seem interested in even doing the minimum of at least educating people about it, much less fund treatment and research. Things certainly won't get any better in the next four years, especially if that abomination of a "health care bill" is signed into law along with massive cuts to Medicaid.