Help Support SM:

Site Support
General-Marvel Collectibles
XM Studios
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
Spider-Man
Amazon Home Page

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS MARVEL STATUES & MINI BUSTS: COLLECTIONS GALLERY

Thread Starter randy bowen Replies 84 Views 23745  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old July 8th, 2012, 05:38:34 PM   #81
TrueFaith

Check this out.
Last year my best buddy Paul and I went to SDCC in hopes of meeting Stan among other things. The lines to meet him were horrendously long and we ended up passing, but we still had a great time.
So last week I get this picture in my email from Paul, who had just met our idol at a different Spider-Man function in LA than the El Capitan premiere.
Bad enough I always have to listen to him tell me he's out rollerblading on Malibu Beach in the middle of January while I freezing my butt off in a New England winter.
Some buddy. The guy has no mercy.

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:07:45 PM   #82
rome
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Check this out.
Last year my best buddy Paul and I went to SDCC in hopes of meeting Stan among other things. The lines to meet him were horrendously long and we ended up passing, but we still had a great time.
So last week I get this picture in my email from Paul, who had just met our idol at a different Spider-Man function in LA than the El Capitan premiere.
Bad enough I always have to listen to him tell me he's out rollerblading on Malibu Beach in the middle of January while I freezing my butt off in a New England winter.
Some buddy. The guy has no mercy.

So freaking cool...
rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:07:25 AM   #83
venom_113
Statue Marvels Royalty

Great collection.
venom_113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:03:19 AM   #84
filip629
Statue Marvels Royalty

I just finished attending the WW Chicago Con. I had a photo op with Stan, went to a Q&A panel, and got a bunch of stuff signed by the legend. What a blast. That guy had me feeling like a little kid whenever he was around.

Got 5 BD pieces signed by Stan. My FS classic museum Cap & Thor along with my painted and chrome museum Sufrers. Last but not least, he also signed my faux bronze smack down Hulk.

I also had 3 sideshow pieces signed. The EX Spider-Man and Hulk Com. I also had a custom Stealth Iron Man Com converted to his classic red & gold colors and had the red lenses swapped out and replaced with yellow/amber lenses. Stan signed that custom Iron Man as well.

I was very happy to see George Perez at the Con. I had George make me 2 head sketches for my 2 boys. Had him sketch Iron Man and Cap on Saturday since they are huge Avengers fans. When I went on Sunday, I went back to his table and asked him to do a Hulk and Thor head sketch for me as well. On the way out of the Con it struck me to have Stan sign the Hulk and Thor head sketches for me. George is my favorite artist and Stan is a legend in the world of marvel. What could be better than having their signature on the same item? My only regret is that I didn't bring the Cap & Thor head sketch with me to get them signed by Stan as well. Oh well, maybe next time. If he makes it back for another Con I'll be right there to get some more sigs and see the legend again. I had such a blast.
filip629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 07:31:44 PM   #85
sash501
Statue Marvels Royalty

Don't ever forget who the true heavy hitter with Marvel Statues was/is . . . Bowen!!

Sash's Bowen Collection Thread

If you see the collection thread in new posts, it's because new pics have been added.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote