Amazon Home Page
Spider-Man
General-Marvel Collectibles
Site Support
Bowen Statues
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > OTHER STATUE FORUM > OTHER COLLECTIBLES

Thread Starter 97thAcolyte Replies 10 Views 3991  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old August 22nd, 2016, 04:16:10 PM   #1
97thAcolyte
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Default PICS + REVIEW: Factory Entertainment Rocket Ride Deadpool Premium Motion Statue

Here's the Rocket Ride Deadpool Premium Motion Statue by Factory Entertainment. These are limited and numbered, this one is #161. I originally saw this thanks to somebody else on here sharing it. For the life of me I can't remember who, but thanks whoever it was. (EDIT: Our mystery man has revealed himself as TrueFaith. Thanks! ) Anyways, I PO'd it pretty much as soon as I could. The Statue is based on a scene in the Deadpool video game released on Xbox 360 + PS3 in 2013 by High Moon studios and re-released on Xbone and PS4 in 2015. Great fun game btw, check it out.

Anyways, on to the short review and pics. Please don't expect anything much, this won't be as good as Sash's awesome reviews for example, but we all start somewhere, right? I just wanted to get this out there a bit, spread the word.

First, I want to start by saying Factory Entertainment themselves were great start to finish. Any questions or queries I had were answered quickly and friendly, payment plan was a breeze and they seem like a really cool company. They have a bunch of Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, BTTF, Archer, Game of Thrones, Marvel and DC stuff (including an Avengers and Justice League monolith busts, based on and including artwork by Alex Ross), go have a look if you like: http://www.factoryent.com/

Now, the statue itself. The sculpt is done digitally, and is pretty damn good. I asked Factory Ent who the sculptor was, and they told me it was
Exequiel Devoto (He has a FB page for anybody interested), and in my un-expert eyes, it looks more or less equal to the quality of a Bowen Sculpt. He is sat down, so not everything is easily visible, but it does appear as if the two parts (DP and then the Base) were made individually then put together instead of being sculpted as one piece, which creates a nice effect. The body sculpt is quite impressive. The muscles and general body shape is good, and they managed to get small details like the expression under the mask, the little finger poking outwards and the costume accessories across pretty well. The rocket looks like some kids ride you'd find at a supermarket, only its been riddled with bullet holes and slashed with various weapons.

The paints are probably the most (/only) disappointing thing about this statue. The quality of paints aren't as good as the Bowen standard (although maybe Bowens have spoilt me), with some messy lines and edges in places and in other areas the colours aren't quite consistent - the red is mottled and varies in a few places on DP's costume and the Rocket seat. This could just be mine though. The Red of his costume looks nice when displayed by itself, but compared to the other DP statues I have, its a bit lighter. (I personally prefer the darker shades of Bowen's Action Deadpool.) The Rocket base is much better. Great colour choice and detail with clean lines. The 'damage' is still a tiny bit scruffy, but not as bad as the rest, and it works because its damage. This is a small gripe about an otherwise very nice statue though.

The packaging was typical of statues like this. The art box was tight inside a brown shipping box, with corner braces to protect against squashing. Inside the art box was shaped polystyrene around the statue, which itself was in a see through plastic bag, with bubble wrap on the most fragile part - the little screen thing on the front of the rocket. The art box is actually really nicely designed, I think. It definitely has a professional air about it. In the box, the statue is all one piece, doesn't come apart at all, and there's a CoA there as well.

The Motion part of the statue is cool, but not the main buying factor for me. You may expect it to rock back and forth, but it only rocks side to side. Even so it is still a really cool feature which is rarely seen on statues, and they've done it in a way which doesn't worry me about it breaking. It actually seems pretty solid. FactoryEnt have others in their Premium Motion series, including various Marvel and DC characters and other properties as well.

In terms of scale, its roughly equal to Bowen scale / 1/6th. The statue stands about 10 inches/25cm tall with him being sat down. I've included picture of him next to a standard 330ml can, and also next to the Bowen FB Deadpool, so you can see how it compares.

All in all, its a really great statue. If the paints were better, it would probably be my favourite of the Deadpools by the various manufacturers (BD, GG, Koto etc.) I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you're on the fence, its a great addition to any collection. What does everybody think? If anyone wants any specific details or pictures of anything, let me know.
97thAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2016, 01:01:21 AM   #2
omigeo
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Great review. I just place my order for this piece. He is different from all the other DP I've seen. That's what gravitated me to this piece. Again thank for the picture and your great review!!

Its a shame that the paint isn't up to par with this piece
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 02:02:23 AM   #3
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Very nice!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:03:28 PM   #4
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Great review. I just place my order for this piece. He is different from all the other DP I've seen. That's what gravitated me to this piece. Again thank for the picture and your great review!!

Its a shame that the paint isn't up to par with this piece
Thanks, and congrats! He definitely is different.

Yeah, but now I've put him on display with my other statues its not nearly as noticeable. and totally worth it anyway. Hope yours is better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadin2 View Post
Very nice!
Thanks!
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:11:41 PM   #5
TrueFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thAcolyte View Post
I originally saw this thanks to somebody else on here sharing it. For the life of me I can't remember who, but thanks whoever it was.
I posted a pic of that Deadpool statue when it was announced several months ago Acolyte. It was right after I'd purchased Factory Entertainment's Green Lantern Premium Motion Statue depicting his first (Silver Age) appearance on the cover of Showcase #22 and had added my name to their mailing list, so wonder no more!
I'd never even heard of this company before seeing the Green Lantern statue on a GL facebook group I belong to. Since I'd never seen any of there stuff in person it was sort of a leap of faith buying it from Entertainment Earth, but a $25% discount coupon helped seal the deal.
While it was pretty well done there were some obvious "issues" with it. The screen print of the Showcase #22 cover wasn't attached at the edges very well, but it was a minor gripe. Overall the concept of the statue was very original and something I'd never seen done on a statue before in quite so unique a fashion. The hidden "spring" that made it a "motion" statue was a little gimmicky and actually pretty superfluous, but it wasn't like I was going to knock it around on a regular basis like a bobblehead.
I think "concept" is what this company does best rather than "execution". Their statues are very original in that regard and this Deadpool one is a prime example of that. I love statues that make me smile and it's hard not to appreciate Deadpool presented this way. If they want to become any kind of "major player" in the industry though, they're going to have to nail down some of the "quality" issues that detract from what they're trying to do.
I was a little surprised at the price of this Deadpool statue seeing as how their other stuff is relatively cheap compared to other companies offerings.
Thanks for the detailed review. Any paint issues aside, just like my GL statue if you're a big fan of a particular character to the point of obsession, having something that original among all the museum and classic poses is always more of a plus than a minus.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:30:33 PM   #6
Puck It
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thanks for the great review 97th. Looks like a cool piece overall...those paints really are disappointing, though. It only moving side to side is a bit of a head-scratcher. Great concept, though. For that reason, at least, it's worth having. Congrats on the pick up.
Puck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 07:46:53 PM   #7
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I posted a pic of that Deadpool statue when it was announced several months ago Acolyte. It was right after I'd purchased Factory Entertainment's Green Lantern Premium Motion Statue depicting his first (Silver Age) appearance on the cover of Showcase #22 and had added my name to their mailing list, so wonder no more!
I'd never even heard of this company before seeing the Green Lantern statue on a GL facebook group I belong to. Since I'd never seen any of there stuff in person it was sort of a leap of faith buying it from Entertainment Earth, but a $25% discount coupon helped seal the deal.
While it was pretty well done there were some obvious "issues" with it. The screen print of the Showcase #22 cover wasn't attached at the edges very well, but it was a minor gripe. Overall the concept of the statue was very original and something I'd never seen done on a statue before in quite so unique a fashion. The hidden "spring" that made it a "motion" statue was a little gimmicky and actually pretty superfluous, but it wasn't like I was going to knock it around on a regular basis like a bobblehead.

I think "concept" is what this company does best rather than "execution". Their statues are very original in that regard and this Deadpool one is a prime example of that. I love statues that make me smile and it's hard not to appreciate Deadpool presented this way. If they want to become any kind of "major player" in the industry though, they're going to have to nail down some of the "quality" issues that detract from what they're trying to do.

I was a little surprised at the price of this Deadpool statue seeing as how their other stuff is relatively cheap compared to other companies offerings.
Thanks for the detailed review. Any paint issues aside, just like my GL statue if you're a big fan of a particular character to the point of obsession, having something that original among all the museum and classic poses is always more of a plus than a minus.
There you go, the mystery is solved. Thanks again TF!

And yeah, I'd never heard of these guys before you brought them to my attention. For me, I was more willing to give them a try because their payment plan option ($50/month) made it seem worth the risk. Plus, if you compare the price ($180 @ earlybird price) to other DP statue of this scale/caliber, its a lot lower. The Bowens are the cheapest, and they rarely go for under $300 that I've seen.

Yeah, those first appearance ones tempted me too... Definitely an original idea, and if they make a Spidey I'll be all over it. Shame on your cover, hope its not too bad?

You really nailed it with that 3rd paragraph though. They will be well on their way to the big leagues with creativity like they show, as long as they can nail the quality. They've got some really interesting pieces already, and more on the way. Definitely one to watch, folks.

But it's like you said, Its such a fun statue to have sitting there that you don't really mind if there are tiny niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck It View Post
Thanks for the great review 97th. Looks like a cool piece overall...those paints really are disappointing, though. It only moving side to side is a bit of a head-scratcher. Great concept, though. For that reason, at least, it's worth having. Congrats on the pick up.
No worries! Glad people like it.

The side to side thing I've been thinking about. While it is a shame, I guess the fact its on a backwards slant anyway would put too much pressure on the springs if it was moving forwards and backwards. Over time it probably wouldn't hold up so well.

I might have over-stated the paints! Unless you get up close and personal, you barely notice. Still, could be better, but doesn't detract from the 'Wow factor' that this piece has.
Old August 30th, 2016, 12:04:37 AM   #8
omigeo
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Talking DP

I don't know what it is about this character, but this character is a must have for me in just about in any manifestation of him...I think is because he is neutral, not good nor bad...and seems to be guided by his own intuition I guess...lol.

I have the gentle giant bust of him in the grey/white sort of outfit and I have the "Deadpool Animated Statue by Gentle Giant" on preorder

I also have on preorder "Deadpool Collector's Gallery Statue"

BTW, what is this statue made out of ,97thAcolyte?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:11:21 PM   #9
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I don't know what it is about this character, but this character is a must have for me in just about in any manifestation of him...I think is because he is neutral, not good nor bad...and seems to be guided by his own intuition I guess...lol.

I have the gentle giant bust of him in the grey/white sort of outfit and I have the "Deadpool Animated Statue by Gentle Giant" on preorder

I also have on preorder "Deadpool Collector's Gallery Statue"

BTW, what is this statue made out of ,97thAcolyte?
Nice! I saw that Collector's gallery one, almost got it but I went for this instead because its the same scale as the rest of my statues so it'll fit in better. Those GG busts are pretty hard to find for a decent price now. Both the regular costume and the X-Force costume. I gotta get that Animated one. I've got a Young Variant comic signed by Skottie young it'll go nicely with.

Not 100% certain what it's made from tbh. Not a question I asked when speaking to FactoryEnt. It is solid though, got a nice weight to it.
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:24:35 PM   #10
TrueFaith

Hey Acolyte...I'm not sure how big a Deadpool fan you are, but this 10" statue I saw on Entertainment Earth's website might be something you'd be interested in. Sounds a little gimmicky with the "key holder" function and all, but the price is certainly right for a 10" tall statue and it could be a nice addition to any large Deadpool collection.
Supposed to be released this month.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...r=WY02282#desc
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 08:21:32 PM   #11
97thAcolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Hey Acolyte...I'm not sure how big a Deadpool fan you are, but this 10" statue I saw on Entertainment Earth's website might be something you'd be interested in. Sounds a little gimmicky with the "key holder" function and all, but the price is certainly right for a 10" tall statue and it could be a nice addition to any large Deadpool collection.
Supposed to be released this month.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...r=WY02282#desc
Huh, that's pretty cool. Thanks, I'll check it out. Looks pretty good for that price.

Should fit in pretty well.