Help Support SM:

Bowen Statues
Amazon Home Page
Site Support
General-Marvel Collectibles
Spider-Man
Sideshow on eBay
XM Studios

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS: THE ARCHIVES

Thread Starter JONNYBRAVO Replies 5 Views 4868  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:38:33 PM   #1
JONNYBRAVO
Statue Marvels Royalty

Default Dr. X Predator kit by Randy Bowen

Hey guys, just got this gem in from the bay and just got through unboxing it. I figured I'd share some pics here since its not up yet, I don't even see this kit posted in the figure modeling forums. This is the super rare "Dr. X." Predator kit sculpted by none other than Randy Bowen! this kit was a re tool of the original Lunar models Predator, but this edition came with a display base and added the sculpted netting onto the predator figure. According to the instructions the mandible teeth and wrist blades must be scratch built. The kit is cast in cold cast porcelain and the helmet is cast in off white resin. Here are some shots of this great kit, JB.

"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice"-Wolverine, Wolverine limited series #1 Sept 1982

GIFSoup
JONNYBRAVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:44:12 PM   #2
BBRX807
Statue Marvels Royalty

sweet
BBRX807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:01:27 PM   #3
JONNYBRAVO
Statue Marvels Royalty

I checked and compared this with my Dark horse Predator 1 and Aliens "Warrior kits and this kit is actually in scale with them. I'm actually debating on building this kit with the helmet on, it's actually sculpted really well and the instructions say the kit can be built with the helmet mounted, The only thing is, Randy did such a great job on the head and face, do I really want to hide all this great detail?
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:24:02 PM   #4
kavorca
Statue Marvels Royalty

thats awesome
kavorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:09:40 PM   #5
TrueFaith

Very cool kit. Seems to have a bit of a backstory to it also, which always makes things more interesting.
I know you can use the helmeted head with a little adjustment, but I think I'd just use it on the base as a prop instead of losing that great Bowen Predator face sculpt.

TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:53:45 AM   #6
JONNYBRAVO
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Very cool kit. Seems to have a bit of a backstory to it also, which always makes things more interesting.
I know you can use the helmeted head with a little adjustment, but I think I'd just use it on the base as a prop instead of losing that great Bowen Predator face sculpt.

Thanks guys, you can really feel the slightly cold, ceramic nature of the cold cast porcelain when you handle this kit. TF, I think I'll take your advice, the face is to good to cover up. I'm currently working on a Moebius Frankenstein and Horizon Wolverine (Clay Moore sculpt) after those are done I think I'll have to finally use my Sotar 20/20 on this bad boy, I never had the guts to build a Predator kit until now, I was going to start with the Dark Horse Predator 1 which is considered by most to be the holy grail of Predator garage kits, but I'm really liking this sculpt! I'll be posting this kits progress in the kit builders section here in the carving the stone forum