Help Support SM:

Site Support
Spider-Man
XM Studios
Sideshow on eBay
Bowen Statues
Amazon Home Page
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS > BOWEN DESIGNS STATUES & MINI BUSTS: THE ARCHIVES

Thread Starter HoldyourfireAl Replies 39 Views 9603  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old August 28th, 2009, 10:13:07 PM   #21
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S. Moderation Mod

Location: The Baxter Building delivering a letter to Benjamin J. Grimm from the Yancy Street Gang.

Thank You jwapd for the kind words as well as being a fellow ramen and tuna commiserater. Checked out your thread and it appears you are getting awesome statues at extraordinary great prices ! Congrats! In this hobby it is definitely an endorphin rush picking up such killer deals. May you acquire all you desire! Peaceola and keep on getting those unheard of dealios my friend!
Willie Lumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:44:51 PM   #22
jwapd
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Thank You jwapd for the kind words as well as being a fellow ramen and tuna commiserater. Checked out your thread and it appears you are getting awesome statues at extraordinary great prices ! Congrats! In this hobby it is definitely an endorphin rush picking up such killer deals. May you acquire all you desire! Peaceola and keep on getting those unheard of dealios my friend!
No problem! And thank you for the kind words as well. I hope one day to have a collection like yours.... the Bronzes being the pinnacle of my "collecting career."
jwapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:10:29 AM   #23
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Salutations to all! Al has asked me to give a quick explanation as to how in the world I acquired these. I am living my lifelong dream of owning my own comic shop. I opened Atomik Comiks in Johnson City Tennesse in 1990 after working for another comic shop for a coupla years. I have read and collected since 1971 and have no plans of ever stopping. I Love Marvel and DC's characters and always will so when I saw these offered in Previews and I was already doing the mini-busts as well as a few full size from Bowen it was on. When Diamond solicited these I immediately planned on cutting corners to somehow afford them. They were $1500 with my Diamond discount. So my Directv, DVD buying, video gaming (I had an N64 and haven't bought another system since) all came to a screeching halt. As well as eating Ramon noodles and Albacore tuna for a year straight. I kid thee not. My customers came to call me Namor as they saw me eating my can of tuna for lunch daily for roughly a complete year. I remember reading Randy had scratched the planned Iron Man and Thor Bronze and was conflicted on my feelings. Was I happy or sad? I got my tv back and was able to watch the Red Sox on NESN and I believe it was over a year before I ate tuna again. I have kept collecting the mini-bust line but have had to sell my other full-sizes due to space and the economic crunch. Near complete on the mini-bust line only missing cube base Sasquatch and blinding chrome Nova. Thanks folks for humoring me on this diatribe and sorry if anyone was bored or annoyed by my long windedness. Al and Jack have put together the best site ever for the Bowen fanatic (everyone should be as his renditions look as if they lept off the printed page) and for that I am thankful as well as the general respect and courtesy shown from one member to another here. As Tiny Tim said "God Bless us everyone!" and Bestest Wishes to all.
Hey! I've heard of Atomik Comiks!

I wonder if Randy will ever share his designs for the abandoned Thor & Iron Man bronzes? I believe the original Carl Surges Iron Man was going to be the bronze one. Is that true? What did these 3 originally retail for back then?

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:53:42 AM   #24
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S. Moderation Mod

Location: The Baxter Building delivering a letter to Benjamin J. Grimm from the Yancy Street Gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldyourfireAl View Post
Hey! I've heard of Atomik Comiks!

I wonder if Randy will ever share his designs for the abandoned Thor & Iron Man bronzes? I believe the original Carl Surges Iron Man was going to be the bronze one. Is that true? What did these 3 originally retail for back then?
Most excellent!....I hope! I heard Surges was involved myself. Makes me think it would have resembled the first full-size which would have been just fine with me. The Thor pose I imagined would have been ala JIM cover #83 or #89. Kirby Rocked! They solicited them about three months apart in Previews with a retail of $2200 if I recall correctly. Here's a true story. Diamond put out a weekly liquidation list back in 97, with product and # available. Two months after the Spider-Man bronze shipped lo and behold one Wednesday 1 appeared on the list available from the Atlanta warehouse. $900! I called my account rep immediately but it was too late. Sold instantly. Not surprised one bit. It is too
Old August 30th, 2009, 01:05:53 AM   #25
mountain
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Randy said the Faux Bronze Original Iron Man that was recently for sale was what the Real Bronze was going to look like.
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:55:53 PM   #26
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S. Moderation Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
Randy said the Faux Bronze Original Iron Man that was recently for sale was what the Real Bronze was going to look like.
Thank You! I clearly missed that post. Here is something I should have added when I first posted these. Sorry for the oversight.

Sorry for the obvious blurriness, after drizopping my camera like the klutz I am it has not autofocused worth a squat.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:01:33 PM   #27
Batman29
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Willie, thanks for the pics, they look awesome.

Your story was even better. Congrats on owing fantastic pieces. Do you still have the original boxes, COA, etc?
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:45:23 PM   #28
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S. Moderation Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman29 View Post
Willie, thanks for the pics, they look awesome.

Your story was even better. Congrats on owing fantastic pieces. Do you still have the original boxes, COA, etc?
Yessir I still have the boxes that shipped from Bowen Designs directly circumventing Diamonds Distribution. They are not four color though, just white generic boxes that suited their purpose of delivering these masterpieces in tip top shape. Thank You for the kind words as well my friend. Best Wishes!
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:18:53 PM   #29
blacko1976
Statue Marvels Royalty

amazing pieces you are really blessed, i think the hulk is my favorite
blacko1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:07:17 PM   #30
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S. Moderation Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacko1976 View Post
amazing pieces you are really blessed, i think the hulk is my favorite
Thank You Sir! Hulk is probably my favorite as well closely followed by Spidey.
Old December 18th, 2011, 07:32:13 PM   #31
webslinger

heres another pic for you Al, I finally got my grail. sorry im not a good photographer.
webslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:53:37 PM   #32
Teague

These are so gorgeous. I'd love to own the Spidey or Cap someday.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:54:00 AM   #33
dhampir46
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Just found this thread, so here's my contribution. Grendel Hunter Rose Bronze

dhampir46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:39:04 AM   #34
PeepsChicken
Statue Marvels Royalty

Man, shipping on that to Australia must have been killer.

Step 1. See
Step 2. Covet
Step 3. Purchase
Step 4. Sell something so you can repeat steps 1-3

-Citizen Alpha
PeepsChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:02:22 AM   #35
Smashdaddy
Marvel MOD

Here are my contributions!

Smashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:02:40 AM   #36
Smashdaddy
Marvel MOD

Old June 6th, 2013, 11:03:27 AM   #37
Smashdaddy
Marvel MOD

Old June 6th, 2013, 11:54:16 AM   #38
TrueFaith

Now that's what I call hardcore.
It doesn't get much better than that.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 01:04:56 AM   #39
webslinger

I saw this bronze spider-man with the peter parker bust a/p set sell for $10,100.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Bowen-...kAAOSwNlla2en4

Last edited by webslinger; May 1st, 2018 at 01:06:51 AM.. Reason: needed space for url
webslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:33:03 AM   #40
Tarasadies
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by webslinger View Post
I saw this bronze spider-man with the peter parker bust a/p set sell for $10,100.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Bowen-...kAAOSwNlla2en4

Wow!

One More Statue and I am Done

1) Moon Knight - White
Tarasadies is offline   Reply With Quote