Sideshow on eBay
General-Marvel Collectibles
Spider-Man
Conan
Site Support
XM Studios
Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > THE SPINNER RACK - Comic Book Related > MARVEL & DC COMICS COMMISSION ART & SKETCH CARDS

Thread Starter The Henry Farm Replies 19 Views 4740  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old June 13th, 2013, 06:14:32 PM   #1
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Default Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema commission - an entire 30 page comic!!!

I'm excited to share that I have hired Rockstar Ron Frenz and Our Pal Sal Buscema to pencil and ink my very own 30 page comic book! It's still months from being completed and I'm putting my entire collection of Silver and Bronze Age Marvels on e-bay to pay for it but so far it's totally worth it. It's a old-school, all-ages original super-hero title called The Unbeatable Blue Baron. And I think this character sketch by Ron would make a heck of a great statue. What does everyone else think of the Blue Baron? (especially my fellow Spider-Girl and MC2 fans)

The Henry Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:46:31 PM   #2
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

What a dream come true to have Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema draw your comic book! Bravo, my friend! Not only for providing work to two industry greats that are being neglected by the industry, but for having the guts to sell your collection to fulfill a dream!

Join the Statue Marvels Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Statuemarvels/
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 07:39:06 PM   #3
Phinias T. Horton
Statue Marvels Royalty

Thats awesome. Big fan of Ron and Sals work. Congrats.
Phinias T. Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:45:46 PM   #4
Don Bohm
Statue Marvels Royalty

That is extremely cool! I've often thought about doing this! Frenz and Buscema are perfect for a Silver Age style book! Congrats!
Don Bohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:25:44 AM   #5
Iceman11
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Congratulations! Very cool hero!
Iceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:08:21 PM   #6
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Ron sent some more preliminary sketches of the super-villains yesterday and all I can say is you ain't seen nothing yet! Seriously, Ron Frenz is the best at bringing ideas to life. He ain't cheap but he really delivers the goods. I'll try to post more images here soon or you can check out my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-H...00782943387671

That page also has art from the other stories in my book (called Sit-Comics). I'm hoping to build word of mouth, and show all the stages of this project so if you like what you see, please hit 'like' and you'll stay in the loop. Sorry for the hard-sell but since I'm selling my entire comics collection to finance this, I'd kind of love to have some readers when it's all done!

Now I've got to go read that other Statue Marvels thread to see what everyone thinks of the Superman movie!

D. Henry
The Henry Farm - we grow ideas
Old May 24th, 2014, 02:48:02 PM   #7
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Exclamation Now 56 pages!

Well, after over a year, Blue Baron, my 30 page commission by Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema has been quietly gaining strength -- in fact, it's now 56 pages. Here's the first of two promotional pin-ups I've hired Sal to do:

Issue 2 is plotted and a spin-off story is being commissioned by another great artist! It's Silver Age-style fun in a totally modern way, so if that sounds good to you then please let me know, and check out and like my Facebook page. We're two away from 100 likes and I'd love to get there with the help of StatuesMarvel, the forum that helped make it all possible!

Darin Henry
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-H...00782943387671

Last edited by The Henry Farm; May 24th, 2014 at 02:52:11 PM..
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:46:34 PM   #8
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Your images aren't showing up.
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 06:01:01 AM   #9
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Sorry about that. I think I've figured out the problem. Fingers crossed it shows up this time.

Pretty nice Sal art, right? Colors are by Charlie Kirchoff.

And if you want more info on The Blue Baron or the other books I'm publishing later this year, do please click here https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-H...00782943387671 for my facebook page (And if you like it, go ahead and "like" it. You won't regret it.)
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:49:53 AM   #10
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Default More artwork by Ron and Sal

Hi again everybody,

The slow march to publication continues with a release date of April 2015 now set for my new company's first super-hero title, The Blue Baron. Here's page 41 penciled by Mr. Ron Frenz and inked by living legend Sal Buscema (thanks to Statue Marvels for helping me get in touch with him!). It's extremely exciting to be at the point where I can finally show this forum some pages of finished artwork.

Former DC colorist Glenn Whitmore will be coloring the Blue Baron and some color preview pages should be going up on my company Facebook page by the middle of next week. ( www.facebook.com/Sitcomics ) Please check it out and if you like the art, don't forget to like the page too. Thanks so much, everybody!

best wishes,

D. Henry
Old September 13th, 2014, 01:53:27 AM   #11
vwstobbe
Statue Marvels Royalty

Looks great. Very promising. I look forward to seeing more.
vwstobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:21:26 AM   #12
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

More than two years after first getting in touch with Sal Buscema via a thread on Statue Marvels, I'm pleased to announce that The Blue Baron #1 has finally been printed! Written by sitcom pro Darin Henry (Seinfeld, Futurama, KC Undercover) and featuring 64 pages of art by Marvel Legends Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema, the print edition is now on sale exclusively at select Central Pennsylvania retailers.

It's also available digitally at Sitcomics | It's TV You Read! (where you can find a complete list of retailers and sign up for free previews of both all-new Sitcomics titles!) And if you're into digital comics, Blue Baron #1 was also the top new entry on this week's comixology submit chart.

Check out the cover of issue 1! Pretty sweet, right? Well, to see more great preview pages of our new line of 64 page comic books, head over to www.facebook.com/Sitcomics And, since this forum was the reason this whole comic is even happening, please do weigh in on your reaction to Sal's cover and anything else having to do with the brand new line of Sitcomics.

thanks and best wishes,
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:35:58 AM   #13
amorginos
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

That cover looks amazing! Congrats.
amorginos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:12:04 AM   #14
Citizen Alpha

Looks great! Congrats on seeing such an ambitious project through. It's been a while, so could you give us a brief origin of Blue Baron and a description of his powers? Sorry, it's the "Official Handbook of______" fan in me.

RIP, Kirk (aka Ace). You will be missed, brother.

A little about me: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f410/ci...pha-14179.html

My collection thread:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f296/ci...eum-17158.html

My custom conversions:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f224/ci...ead-21034.html
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:37:33 AM   #15
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Alpha View Post
Looks great! Congrats on seeing such an ambitious project through. It's been a while, so could you give us a brief origin of Blue Baron and a description of his powers? Sorry, it's the "Official Handbook of______" fan in me.
Thanks for the thumbs up @amorginos

As for your question, @Citizen Alpha: Since late 1776, The Blue Baron has possessed super-strength, super-speed and the ability to fly. In issue 1, we find out what happens when the nearly 300 year old hero switches bodies with a teenager. The Blue Baron's secret origin will be revealed in Blue Baron #3 because that's the issue in which the kid now inside the Blue Baron's body is finally told where the powers really came from.

The digital version of The Blue Baron #1 is available to download (DRM-Free) at Sitcomics | It's TV You Read! and the print edition is available via mail order from The Comic Store, West in York, Pennsylvania.

And just for fun, here's the cover to Blue Baron #2.

Old July 21st, 2015, 12:01:10 PM   #16
leadin2
Statue Marvels Royalty

Nice covers! Congrats!
leadin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:47:13 PM   #17
Citizen Alpha

Just ordered issue #1. Looking forward to checking it out.
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:06:20 AM   #18
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Thanks so much, @CitizenAlpha! Be sure to let me know what you think of the story. Heck, if you submit your feedback to the letters page, it'll probably be printed in the next issue!
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:37:39 PM   #19
The Henry Farm
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Default More From Sitcomics!

Hi all,

Happy Holidays! The constant grind of TV production and being a dad to two kids has taken its toll on my updates. I'm happy to report that the Sitcomics train that began here when some kind, unsuspecting soul posted contact info for Sal Buscema four years ago is still chugging along and has grown from a 30 page commission to a seven title publishing company!

The second super-hero Sitcomic, titled Startup with art by Craig Rousseau (Batman Beyond, Harley Quinn) and colors by Glenn Whitmore (Superman) with Marshall Dillon on letters. Here's a sneaky peek at the cover:

Here's the synopsis: When news footage showing her humiliating rescue by a super-hero goes viral, 300 pound single mom Renee Garcia-Gibson agrees to try an experimental diet drug. But the drastic change to her metabolism comes with the unexpected side-effect: it gives Renee super-speed!

The 29 page Startup #1.1 is now available to download at the kindle store here: Amazon.com: Startup 1.1: Starting Point! eBook: Darin Henry, Craig Rousseau: Books and it will launch on Comixology.com this Wednesday! A 64 page print version collecting the 3 chapter arc will be out in July.

And since Sal's the reason I'm doing this crazy company, I'd be remiss if I didn't share this cover for Startup 1.2 by Sal Buscema. Let me know what you think, statuemarvels peeps! (And a quick PS: Citizen Alpha, how did you like The Blue Baron #1?)

Old December 26th, 2015, 11:18:27 PM   #20
Phinias T. Horton
Statue Marvels Royalty

amazing. Congratulations.
Phinias T. Horton is offline   Reply With Quote