Help Support SM:

Amazon Home Page
Bowen Statues
Site Support
XM Studios
Spider-Man
Sideshow on eBay
General-Marvel Collectibles

Go Back   STATUE M A R V E L S > STATUE MARVELS SITE & MEMBER INFO > INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Closed Thread
Thread Starter HoldyourfireAl Replies 319 Views 35160  Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscription
share |
share topic

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:13:30 PM   #301
Mjolnir
Statue Marvels Trend Setter

Hi everyone. My name is Francisco and I am a Marvel addict. Great characters, great story lines and now that I've gotten a taste of the collecting scene AMAZING statue representations of those characters. My favorite character (way before the recent movie) is easily Thor.

I started collecting statues roughly 3 months ago and have mostly SSC products and a few PopCulture Shock one's because I'm a street fighter freak too ...having said that I am def not the type of person who collects one brand of anything so with the recent release of the Modern Thor Museum statue I've officially preordered my first Bowen Statue and am totally psyched to see it in person. Add in the upcoming Action Pose Thor (which I'm 100% digging right now) and I'm totally going Bowen crazy right now. Anyways I'm excited to join this forum and talk statues with you folks.

Oh and I was raised and currently reside in Houston, Texas in case any other fellow Houstonians visit this board
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:09:51 AM   #302
Hellsbells51
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Francisco and I am a Marvel addict. Great characters, great story lines and now that I've gotten a taste of the collecting scene AMAZING statue representations of those characters. My favorite character (way before the recent movie) is easily Thor.

I started collecting statues roughly 3 months ago and have mostly SSC products and a few PopCulture Shock one's because I'm a street fighter freak too ...having said that I am def not the type of person who collects one brand of anything so with the recent release of the Modern Thor Museum statue I've officially preordered my first Bowen Statue and am totally psyched to see it in person. Add in the upcoming Action Pose Thor (which I'm 100% digging right now) and I'm totally going Bowen crazy right now. Anyways I'm excited to join this forum and talk statues with you folks.

Oh and I was raised and currently reside in Houston, Texas in case any other fellow Houstonians visit this board
Welcome Mjolnir! I remember you from one of the other sites. Regarding Houston, one of the members here owns a cool a$$ comic shop out in the Houston area...here's a link to the thread: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f318/he...tml#post262090

Maybe you've been there...?

http://rrisandiego.com/img/about_1.jpg

Follow me and my statue collection on Instagram @Hellsbells_51

Link: My introduction

Link: Collection thread
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:48:10 AM   #303
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmatthewf View Post
Hello,

Myb name is John. How do I use this forum to post a few bulliten board questions directed to members please?
I'm not sure I understand your question? Do you mean PMing?
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:52:51 AM   #304
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Here's the questionaire you can quote for your entries....

- Picture of you
- First Name
- What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece?
- A FEW (please no long lists) of your favorite Marvel characters
- Who are your favorite Marvel artists?
- How did you find out about Statue Marvels?
- What are your favorite sections on Statue Marvels?
- Married or Single?
- Favorite Music?
- Favorite Movies?
- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows?
- Favorite Drinks?
- Favorite Food?
- Favorite Vacation Spot?
- Your Local Comic Shop (with link if available)

- Write a short paragraph about yourself.
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:32:53 PM   #305
Mjolnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Welcome Mjolnir! I remember you from one of the other sites. Regarding Houston, one of the members here owns a cool a$$ comic shop out in the Houston area...here's a link to the thread: http://www.statuemarvels.com/f318/he...tml#post262090

Maybe you've been there...?
Hey there Hells...yea I remember chatting with you some on the freaks board. I actually haven't been to that comic store...the only one I was aware of near me was BedrockCity Comics. But I'll def look for it and stop by. Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:01:56 PM   #306
glassdancer
Statue Marvels Royalty

Hello everyone.

My name is Luis.

And I can best be seen and what have you on...

www.glassdancer.com

cheers.

"If you're not dancing, you're wasting your feet"
Old June 9th, 2011, 10:05:22 PM   #307
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

Lots of new folks lately. Would love to have them fill out the questionaire above.
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:40:39 AM   #308
Fastball Special
Statue Marvels Royalty

I'm the one in Deserts lol

- Jason

- Flo Rida

-I started wth the Brown Wolverine MB

-Wolverine, X Men, X Force

-David Finch, Jim Lee, Greg Land, Michael Turner, Granov Adi

-Found out about Statue Marvels when I was googling Bowen Statues

-Bowen Designs Marvel Comics Statue Forum, Bowen Statue Displays, Comic Statues
All Producers Displays

-Married

-Shinedown, Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam, Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky

-Taken, The Dark Knight, Transformers 1&2, X Men First Class

-Sports Center, College Football, NFL, NBA.

-NOS, Amp, Monster

-Chicken, Pasta, Pizza

-I'm from vacation capital USA!

-Coliseum of Comics
coliseumofcomics.com |

Well I started collecting MB's years ago but in about 2008 sold them to make room for FS. I have been collecting only Bowen FS since then(with gaps in between due to moving, stationed in BFE, etc etc) and have a 99% X Men collection (display soon to come) I have been in the military since 2004. I signed up here because it looked like a great place to check out other collectors displays and chat with some cool ppl who share the same addictive hobby as me.
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:50:15 AM   #309
Dr.RemyLebeau
Statue Marvels Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball Special View Post
I'm the one in Deserts lol
Very cool Jason! Might I add that you look familiar

The collector formally known as Reme Lebeau
Check out my collection Blog:
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:27:57 PM   #310
cannonlocke
Statue Marvels Royalty

Ok, I figured I've been doing this long enough so here goes...

My name's Warren and I've been a comics collector since I was 12 and now I'm approaching my big 3-0. I started with X-Men and branched out to Avengers and a few years ago, I started reading JLA. I started statue collecting in 2008 and now I have over a hundred Bowens and SS combined - all FS. I'm starting to think I'm working so I can hand over my money to RB. lol

My fanboy dream is to have a complete X-Men 70's-80's lineup from Bowen and get as many Avengers as possible for a huge Avengers Assemble team display. I might have to renovate my house to have enough space for more stones though.

And yeah... CLASSIC all the way!
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:51:59 PM   #311
The Fog
Statue Marvels Royalty

I've decided to make an introduction thread for the Bowen Section. Let's try to keep the posts simple. Here are some things I'm hoping to see...

- Picture of you Too Hazy
- First Name Matt
- Location Weston, Pa. small town, maybe 350 people, nice and quiet.............
- Year Born 1963
- What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece? Cyclop's MB Year?
- A FEW (please no long lists) of your favorite Marvel characters Old School Avenger's/X-Men/Ironman, a few Issue away from completing all of these titles!!! $$$
- Who are your favorite Marvel artists? Sal Buscema/Greg Land
- How did you find out about Statue Marvels? Sneak Peak's of BD stuff!
- What are your favorite sections on Statue Marvels? Bowen Design's/ Anything about RUSH!!!
- Married or Single? Single, and looking.......
- Favorite Music? The Holy Triumvirate from the Great White North, RUSH-O-HOLIC
- Favorite Movies?Anything by John Carpenter, Escape from New York, The THING, BiG Trouble in Little China, and the rest... BladeRunner, Apes!! Loved their Original Releases in the Theatre's Dad was cool enough to let me Go!!
- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows? Not much, besides Sport's Phil's, Flyer's and Steeler's.
- Favorite Drinks? Jack Daniel's straight up....
- Favorite Food? Anything HOT! Local Pizza place makes a Fantastic Hot Wing Pizza!
- Favorite Vacation Spot? Any where but work, usually in a boat fishing, somewhere.
- Your Local Comic Shop (with link if available) Comic's on the Green in Scranton, Pa.

In the 60's my father had a photo studio next to our house, mom was kind of his secretary, the only problem was she would use my comic's to writedown phone number's on them of customer's, well, you know the story, year's later the ones that survived, I have, as well as the ones with the phone number's, nobody cared, they were only "funny book's" back then, ouch, when she see's these now even she get's a little upset.
Thank's for having me!!

...Hopefully, if this thread is successful, we'll introduce similiar ones in other producers' sections.
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:32:13 AM   #312
DiStudios
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Picture of you
- First Name: Chris

- Year Born: 1981

- What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece?: Sept 2011 - Planet Hulk FS

- A FEW (please no long lists) of your favorite Marvel characters: Hulk(s), She-Hulk, Deadpool.

- Who are your favorite Marvel artists?

- How did you find out about Statue Marvels?: Google search for statue collecting

- What are your favorite sections on Statue Marvels? Bowen Designs

- Married or Single?: Long time gf of 9 years so almost like married!

- Favorite Music?: Various but mainly rock/metal

- Favorite Movies?: Pretty much anything Sci-fi & superhero so Aliens, Predator etc

- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows?: I don't really watch much tv but I guess the most current thing I enjoyed/watched was Spartacus: Blood & Sand

- Favorite Drinks? Sake, Vodka

- Favorite Food? Steak

- Favorite Vacation Spot?: Anywhere outdoors

- Your Local Comic Shop (with link if available): Nothing local and mainly a Online shopper from various sources.

- Write a short paragraph about yourself:
I have been a miniature painter/maker, comic book reader and action figure collector in excess of 20 years (started young), I use to collect a wide variety of anime, 80's cartoons and pred/alien figures as well as statues but stopped 6 - 7 years ago due to work taking me all over the place.

Now that I have settled down with my gf and have my own place, I have decided to start a Bowen Studios Hulk Statue collection
Old October 30th, 2011, 09:17:11 PM   #313
CanadianBowenGuy

Clayton
Kingston, Ontario (inbetween Montreal and Toronto)
Born in 1976
Started Collecting around 2002 I think, first piece ever (and still one of my favourites was the Mr.Fixit Hulk Bust, followed by Rhino MB
Fav Characters - Hulk Rogues Gallery, Spiderman Rogues Gallery..
Love Romita (Sr), MacFarlane, Deodato
I found out about Statue Marvels a couple years ago by seeing it pasted across sneaked statue picks, on (I think Statue Forum), left that site a couple years and ago, and have lurked on here for about 3 years? before finally deciding to join!
Love Horror & Sci Fi. - Current, Walking Dead, Dexter,
I've just started in the past two years getting into the FS after leaving the MB's behind..Hulk Museum was my first, and working on getting all the "Big Guys", so far have Hulkbuster IM, Rhino, Abomination...waiting to get Red Hulk, and looking forward to FS of Thing, Executioner (?)

CanadianBowenGuy
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:34:50 AM   #314
firemansam

- First Name - Chris
- Location - Australia
- Year Born - 1987
- What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece? - 2011, Antman
- A FEW (please no long lists) of your favorite Marvel characters - Deadpool, Hawkeye
- How did you find out about Statue Marvels? - Googles knows everything
- Married or Single? - Loner
- Favorite Music? - All music except metal and opera but I'm a pretty big fan of The Beatles, CCR and Roy Orbison
- Favorite Movies? - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Adjustment Bureau, Catch Me If You Can
- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows? - Community, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I have only just discovered Bowen Statues and comic statues in general to be honest earlier this year. I have decided to only collect FS Museums and currently have Antman, Classic Punisher, Bucky Cap, Ghost Rider, X-Force Wolverine and a Koto Iron Man so far. I do have a fair few on order though! Coming into the hobby at this point in time it's really difficult to get hold of the characters I want without breaking the bank given there is so much already out there. I am probably going to be a bit of a rarity on these forums given that I have never read a comic book in my life. My desire to collect and the process in which I decide what I will get is based more on how the character looks visually. I know some of the major characters back stories but nothing in real detail. I did buy the Marvel Encyclopedia though, just to give me a basic idea of the Marvel Universe. I also have a collection that I've accumulated over the years of 1:18 scale diecast cars and 1:12 scale bikes. I'll probably post rarely and when I do I doubt it will hold much importance but what the hell

P.S. Apologies for the novel I just wrote above.

Last edited by firemansam; December 18th, 2011 at 11:37:01 AM..
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:45:00 PM   #315
MutantXavier
Statue Marvels Royalty

david
LA california
filipino
engaged and shes mad about my hobbies.. ofcourse..

Just started collecting bowen designs 2 months ago.. i have 6 mini statues and one full size ICEMAN and 2 full size of WOLVERINE on the way... and im amazed of how many people are here collecting nothing but the best statues out there. i was disappointed yesterday.. i was at the mall saw a statue of PSYLOCKE and when i said yes ill buy it, the guy was trying to take out psylocke from the base and he broke a little piece on the foot, so i have to say no to that.. but i was pissed and sad about it.

by the way i see many pictures here and im so jealous of the cabinets that they have.. can anyone message me where to buy them... but not so expensive please... and i do sell stuff on ebay.. getting rid of my old collections...

thanks

Last edited by MutantXavier; January 18th, 2012 at 04:48:51 PM..
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:00:43 PM   #316
BXWARRIOR28
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Hi guys I'm Mike and I'm a big marvel fan. I collect both Bowen and sideshow products and think they are both badass companies.

My latest statue is the new Bowen action Thor and it's beast, Bowen best work IMHO. Thanks mr.Bowen.. You da man!

Last edited by BXWARRIOR28; March 21st, 2012 at 10:05:45 PM..
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:00:25 PM   #317
who'who

Hi Everyone!

I'm Terry and I'm a big Marvel fan.Glad to be here checking out what Bowen Designs has in store for us.I know It's gonna be great.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:25:00 PM   #318
Irony Fist
Statue Marvels Hatchling

Default Hello.

- First Name: Ralph
- What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece? I'm not sure what year I began collecting Bowen, but I began with his Robin statue.
- A FEW (please no long lists) of your favorite Marvel characters: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Spider-man, Captain America, Deadpool, and the Thing.
- Who are your favorite Marvel artists? Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, John Romita (both of them), George Perez, Alex Maleev - there are too many to list.
- How did you find out about Statue Marvels? Through Magik
- What are your favorite sections on Statue Marvels? Bowen Designs Marvel Comics Statue Forum
- Favorite Movies? Iron Monkey, Legend of the Fist, The Avengers
- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows? Young Justice
- Favorite Drinks? Water
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:35:05 AM   #319
Lokoboy

Hello fellow collectors.

I've been a member for a couple of years now, but only been active in the last month or two. I use to only collect Marvel Legends Action figures and have now branch out to statues.

I'm also an Action Figure customizer, and now that I'm into Statues, I will be doing some Statue Customizing and or making my own marvel statues. So far I'm half way into finishing my very first statue.

Anyway here are more info about me:

First Name - Andrew aka Lokoboy
Location - Auckland, New Zealand
Year Born - 1982
What year you started collecting Bowen and with what piece? - Bought a FS Hulkbuster in 2010
Your favorite Marvel characters - Hulk, Colossus, Juggernaut, Ironman + all big Marvel Characters
Who are your favorite Marvel artists? - Ed McGuinness, Dale Keown, Randy Bowen, Erick Sosa
- How did you find out about Statue Marvels? - google
- What are your favorite sections on Statue Marvels? - Bowen and Kotobukiya section
- Married or Single? - Married
- Favorite Music? - mix
- Favorite Movies? - Ironman, Batman (new one), Avengers and Hulk
- Favorite CURRENT TV Shows? - Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory
- Favorite Drinks? - Mountain Dew
- Favorite Food? - Fried Chicken
- Favorite Vacation Spot? - San Diego - around July of every year
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:54:38 AM   #320
HoldyourfireAl
Administrator

This thread was in the Bowen Section, but now that we have an entire section devoted to introducing yourself, it kind of became redundant. This original thread will be preserved here for your enjoyment.

Thanks!

Al
Closed Thread