STATUE   M A R V E L S

STATUE M A R V E L S (http://www.statuemarvels.com/index.php)
-   MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/RADIO (NON COMIC RELATED) (http://www.statuemarvels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Awesome Songs List (http://www.statuemarvels.com/showthread.php?t=27781)

khufutaron June 13th, 2014 01:59:03 AM

Awesome Songs List

Ok, since things are a little slow while we wait on contract negotiations, I wanted to start something that hopefully you guys will find fun. I got the rules part of the idea from something Al or somebody did awhile back with posting pics of your BD to make wishlist.

So, what I want to do is build a list of awesome songs. I'm always looking for new songs to add to my collection, and I thought maybe this would help us pass the time as well. So, here are the rules:
  1. Post the name of the song and the artist
  2. Quote:

Only post one song per day
    IGNORE THIS - POST AS MAY AS YOU WANT! \m/
  3. Optional: Embed Youtube Video of said song (Live, remastered, official video, whatever... )

If there isn't enough interest, we'll just close the thread. Post whatever you like Rap, Metal, Classical, Country, etc... whatever floats your boat! Also, please no hating on other people's taste in music. =;

I'll get things kicked off. I'm currently learning to play guitar, and on of my bucket list songs to learn to play is:

Behind Blue Eyes by The Who (:x Pete Townshend)

Al/Mods, if this isn't a cool idea with you please feel free to delete.

Smashdaddy June 13th, 2014 02:03:05 AM

"More than a Feeling" by BOSTON....!

And I suck at posting videos...

Tarasadies June 13th, 2014 02:26:39 AM

School of Fish - Three Strange Days

Mister H June 13th, 2014 02:55:25 AM

"The Chase is Better Than The Catch"

By:
http://www.onstageweb.com/wp-content...mikkey-dee.jpg

Puck It June 13th, 2014 06:27:08 AM

Only one per day? :-<...what's with these 'only one' threads?

"Release" -Blackalicious

How'd you post that vid khufutaron. Can't figure it out...I get the white video block, but no vid.

khufutaron June 13th, 2014 10:12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck It (Post 591960)

How'd you post that vid khufutaron. Can't figure it out...I get the white video block, but no vid.

If you click the youtube button, all you have to insert is the youtube video number between the tags - not the entire URL. So, if you go to your video, the url will end with:

...watch?v=BfuWXRZe9yA

All you have to place between the Youtube tags is "BfuWXRZe9yA" part (without the quotes) and that should do it.

Blindzider June 13th, 2014 10:19:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck It (Post 591960)
Only one per day? :-<...what's with these 'only one' threads?

"Release" -Blackalicious
Release (Ft. Saul Williams & Lyrics Born) - Blackalicious HQ - YouTube

If you are using Chrome, there's a bug that it can't show embedded YouTube videos and just puts up the white block. Try looking at your post with a different browser to confirm it is there. Google knows about it and it's been there awhile, but I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it yet. Ironic, since Google owns both.

khufutaron June 13th, 2014 10:22:49 AM

Another song on my list of songs I want to learn to play is:

Freedy Johnston - Bad Reputation

I love the movie Kingpin, and it introduced me to this song. I fell in love with this melody the first listen :)

khufutaron June 13th, 2014 10:45:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarasadies (Post 591940)
School of Fish - Three Strange Days

Never heard of these guys, but wow I really like this song. I'll be adding this to my list!

Blindzider June 13th, 2014 10:48:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khufutaron (Post 591972)
Another song on my list of songs I want to learn to play is:

Freedy Johnston - Bad Reputation

I love the movie Kingpin, and it introduced me to this song. I fell in love with this melody the first listen :)

That's exactly how I originally came across that song!

Tarasadies June 13th, 2014 11:14:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khufutaron (Post 591976)
Never heard of these guys, but wow I really like this song. I'll be adding this to my list!

Glad you like it!

TrueFaith June 13th, 2014 11:16:16 AM

Soundgarden "Fell On Black Days"
A song that practically changed my life 20 years ago.
I'll be picking up the 20th Anniversary Edition of "Superunknown" being released later this month.

sash501 June 13th, 2014 11:32:43 AM

You're killing me with one post per day ~X(

So long as this thread is in the "new posts" I'll try to post.

I can't do this in order of favorite songs, and will use the opportunity to post songs that are more obscure, rather than popular (like a Led Zeppelin song).

Without further adieu, 7 and 7 is by Love

Mister H June 13th, 2014 11:34:00 AM

"Aint No Easy Way"

by: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
http://www.thedumbingofamerica.net/w...2514401113.jpg

TrueFaith June 13th, 2014 01:15:45 PM

Most EXCELLENT choice sash! Arthur Lee & Love are way up there among my all-time favorite bands! :-bd

Tarasadies June 13th, 2014 02:21:53 PM

Today's submission...

Lucero - On My Way Downtown

khufutaron June 13th, 2014 02:26:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sash501 (Post 591982)
You're killing me with one post per day ~X(

Sorry man :( I've seen it done this way on the site before and helps keep interest long-term and allows time for discussion between postings. Trust me I want to break the rule more than anyone :ar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith (Post 591981)
Soundgarden "Fell On Black Days"
A song that practically changed my life 20 years ago.
I'll be picking up the 20th Anniversary Edition of "Superunknown" being released later this month.

Ok, wow 20yrs really... I'm not as old as some of you but dang it just seems like yesterday I was rocking out to that song.

Puck It June 13th, 2014 04:47:20 PM

Sweet, got it. Thanks guys.

leadin2 June 13th, 2014 05:08:21 PM

It is tough to select 1 out of many. I bet this will be a long thread. :)
Here's one that came straight to my mind.

"You win again" by Bee Gees

khufutaron June 14th, 2014 11:48:44 AM

Ok, today's entry is another of the songs I want to learn to play at some point. Its such a shame we lost this great musician too soon... I love most of his work, but I particularly like this one because it kind of has that blues shuffle rhythm to it. Plus, this is comic book related site, and I would be remiss if I didn't present a song that references a superhero. :D

I present: Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim