Welcome to Statue Marvels Questions & Answers with:
Randy Bowen is the owner as well as Head Sculptor and Art Director for Bowen Designs. Bowen Designs currently holds a license to produce statues and mini busts based on Marvel Comics super heroes, villains and other characters and vehicles.
Randy enjoys coming to Statue Marvels and interacting with fans of his Bowen Designs Statues and Mini Busts. The atmosphere between Randy and his fans is very friendly here and we encourage participants in the Q&A sessions to keep things light. If you have business type concerns or have an issue with a product you received, please contact Bowen Designs Customer Service. Their contact information can be found at the Bowen Designs website:
Randy has a few requests for participants of our Q&A sessions:
- Numbered questions are a big help! 3 max per post - PLEASE!
- "Off the Wall" questions are always fun!
The Administrators of Statue Marvels, HoldyourfireAl and Jack Daddy request that when posting pictures for Randy to see, please keep a few things in mind:
- Please don't post GIANT pics that take up half the page and throw the site off center. Reduce your BIG pics sizes before posting.
- When quoting someone else's post that contains a pic or pics, please delete those pics. All that's needed in a quote is the text. Page after page of the same quoted pic can be very annoying to some members who are doing a quick scan to see if Randy answered any questions.
Also, if Randy doesn't answer your questions, please don't feel insulted. Like you, he comes to the site, does a quick scan and if he has something new to add, he'll answer your questions. Sometimes he doesn't have an answer yet, isn't ready to reveal something or he just missed your question.
Finally, enjoy this thread. Statue Marvels is happy to have you and Randy enjoys interacting with you all.
PS: Previous editions of "Let's Rap with Randy!" can be found in the Bowen Designs Archive section:
You've pretty much answered all my questions in the past and I'm really looking forward to preorders coming out. 2011 was one of the best years of Bowen for me and I look forward to an even better 2012 (until the end of the world that is, which I'm OK with since it will get me off the hook for all the money I owe Bowen, Inc. in the coming months). So with that I would just like to say, thank you and happy new year.
Hope you had a great vacation Randy and feel refreshed and ready to create in 2012!
Here are my questions;
1. How many sculpts do you personally plan to do in the Marvel line this year?
2. Hobgoblin: have you decided on a pose or do you need more images/inspiration?
3. Dormammu: any chance to see this guy in FS in 2012?
While Hasbro, Toybiz, and Heroclix have all made some fairly successful figures of Spider-Man 2099 and he's even appeared in a few video games recently, I have yet to see any high-end versions of the character.
2) Is he just too risky of a character (full-size of course) for any collectible manufacturers?
I would love a full Doom 2099 as well but I realize he would be a reach.